Snarky Brides

So, when do I get to freak out?

My wedding was a little over 4 weeks ago, and I know I really shouldn't expect my pictures back quite yet, but I would appreciate some communication from the photographer. I sent her an email a week and a half ago asking for an ETA, no response. I sent her a text a few days ago, no response. I called her yesterday, it rang once and went to voicemail. I talked to my mother, and she has also attempted to contact her twice this past week, with no response. It took her a lot longer to get our engagement pictures done than she told us it would (an extra month) and she didn't contact us, but she'd answer when we contacted her. Now it's dead silence. How long do I give this before I start getting worried or consider legal action? I do have a contract. 

Re: So, when do I get to freak out?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_so-when-do-i-get-to-freak-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c89496a3-cfe5-4dd6-88d7-69bf5ad6b02ePost:2633dbe1-abdc-42ac-9ced-8c4c8fea2fbe">So, when do I get to freak out?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My wedding was a little over 4 weeks ago, and I know I really shouldn't expect my pictures back quite yet, but I would appreciate some communication from the photographer. I sent her an email a week and a half ago asking for an ETA, no response. I sent her a text a few days ago, no response. I called her yesterday, it rang once and went to voicemail. I talked to my mother, and she has also attempted to contact her twice this past week, with no response. It took her a lot longer to get our engagement pictures done than she told us it would (an extra month) and she didn't contact us, but she'd answer when we contacted her. Now it's dead silence. How long do I give this before I start getting worried or consider legal action? I do have a contract. 
    Posted by warpedredpenguin[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I wouldn't flip out yet, people get busy. However, if your contract said you'd have them in 30 days, I would consider printing out any emails and logging any other forms of contact. What does your contract say? I think that has to be your guide. 

</div>
  • Does your contract specify a time frame?

I know it's extremely frustrating, but I'm fairly certain four weeks is not a long time by many photographers' standards. Keep in mind that a professional photographer will take not a day less than she needs to make the pictures perfect. Would you rather her rush through editing and give you substandard pictures, or take a bit longer and put together something you and your H will love?

It is definitely unprofessional of her to not at least respond and give a reason for the delay, but I wouldn't consider legal action unless/until it's been months, not weeks, and you haven't heard anything.

You're certainly entitled to mention your experience in any reviews you write of her service but legal action doesn't seem justified at this point.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
  • It took our photographer 8 weeks and yes that was in the contract.

Give it some time and who knows what could have happened. She may have had a family emergency. And it should be you dealing with this, not your mother, I would be aggravated if several people were calling at once.

Is it unprofessional that she has contacted you, yes. But calm down a bit, a few weeks is not a big deal. I wouldnt consider legal action unless its been months.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • You can freak out 2 months from now.  You're probably not your photographer's only client and the fact that 2.5 weeks after your wedding you were looking for your photos is pretty unrealistic.  My photographer is super busy and she said it would probably take 3 months for the pictures to be done.  Yes she should reply to you, but you and your mom shouldn't be blowing her up either.  I get that you're frustrated and excited for your photos, but just calmmm down or you're likely to get a crappy rush job.
  • I wouldn't be trying to contact her if she hadn't said she'd let me know in a few weeks how things were going. She told me she wasn't very busy this time of year, so it shouldn't take her very long. That's why after 3 weeks, I sent her an email to see how things were going. After six days, I sent her a text. The next day, I called her. I don't think that's blowing her up. My mother paid for the pictures, so I think she has a right to know where they are, and I can't control her actions. I did ask her to let me handle it. My contract says 4-6 weeks, and that she'll contact me if it will take longer. All I asked for was an ETA, I'm not demanding they be done yet. 

I suppose I'll let it go for another week or so, then start trying to get in touch again. 
  • The photographer could be on vacation. I unplug when on vacation.  No computers etc. and very limited phone calls.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_so-when-do-i-get-to-freak-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c89496a3-cfe5-4dd6-88d7-69bf5ad6b02ePost:ca06bcaa-adc3-42c0-9d82-06d74bfe7e62">Re: So, when do I get to freak out?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wouldn't be trying to contact her if she hadn't said she'd let me know in a few weeks how things were going. She told me she wasn't very busy this time of year, so it shouldn't take her very long. That's why after 3 weeks, I sent her an email to see how things were going. After six days, I sent her a text. The next day, I called her. I don't think that's blowing her up. My mother paid for the pictures, so I think she has a right to know where they are, and I can't control her actions. I did ask her to let me handle it. My contract says 4-6 weeks, and that she'll contact me if it will take longer. All I asked for was an ETA, I'm not demanding they be done yet.  I suppose I'll let it go for another week or so, then start trying to get in touch again. 
    Posted by warpedredpenguin[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't contact her until a week AFTER the six week mark. If she said four to six weeks, that means she's well within her rights to take a full six weeks. THEN you can contact her again.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
  • As theelusive said, she could be on vaca- why go on a trip during your busy money-making season? I'd give it until after the 6 week mark
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards