Snarky Brides
Options

I could take you there... and other strange things men say.

men say the STRANGEST things when they are attempting a pickup.

whats the weirdest you've gotten recently?

I was just in starbucks and a man first asked if I was indian. I said no, syrian. Then he started speaking to me in arabic and I said I didn't speak it. Then he asked if I had been there. I said no. He said well I am from Palestine.. I could take you. I smiled politely, took my drink and walked out. I should have ignored him from the start but I try not to be rude or defensive when it comes to people asking about my nationality.

anyone else getting offers to travel to far away lands?

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
my book shelf:
Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)

Re: I could take you there... and other strange things men say.

• Options
    No, but I'm not a hottie like you! ;)
  • Options
    The BEST pickup line I ever got (as in worst) was, "That shirt looks becoming on you, if I were on you I'd be coming too."

I also was dancing with a guy on spring break who said to me, "I want to see your pussy, can I?" UMMMM NO.

aaaaaaaaaand sweet old men always feel the need to tell me I look like their wife when she was young. I think this one is super cute though :)
  • Options
    I once had a guy sit next to me at a bar and ask me if I wanted to talk about my feelings.  I was perplexed and said "Umm...no?" and he said "well in that case, do you just want to come home with me?"

But that's about the most offer to travel I've ever gotten ;)

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    When I was studying in Scotland, a French guy kept wanting to take me to castles and stuff on the weekends. "I want to take you to castle."
  • Options
    I walked into a local coffee shop earlier this week and the middle aged gentleman in front of me told me to go ahead of him while he still decided on what he wanted to order.  Before I could order my pumpkin spice latte he said, "Wow.  You look like a movie star."

I don't think it was a pickup, but, it was weird.

This summer I went shopping and had lunch by myself at the food court in the mall, and some kid came up and sat across the table from me.  He was licking an ice cream cone and asked if he could sit there?  ...I had to see what he was up to, so I said sure.  He didn't say anything for about two minutes.  Just sat there eating the ice cream.  Then he said "so what dorm do you live in?"  I just smiled and said, "I have my own apartment.  And I graduated college four years ago."  He left.
    panther
  • Options
    omg M&M. men are gross... I LOVE LOVE LOVE the siggy photo btw!

jasmineh- aw thank you. I never get hit on tho.. and when I do.. its usually like that- men of my nationality offering to teach me arabic or to take me there. its odd.

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_could-there-other-strange-things-men-say?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ca4f13ca-a6a9-4041-a279-ce797d11deb2Post:4448b3de-b9e2-41a5-8e99-f2b518d6360f">Re: I could take you there... and other strange things men say.</a>:
    [QUOTE] I also was dancing with a guy on spring break who said to me, "I want to see your pussy, can I?" UMMMM NO.
    Posted by MeaghanandMichael[/QUOTE]

Law of averages; I think guys know that on spring break, if you say that to 100 drunk women, one will probably say ok LOL.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    zippity- i dont know if I could refuse an offer to visit a castle.. .. jk

AATB- that is pretty awesome.

my book shelf:
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_could-there-other-strange-things-men-say?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ca4f13ca-a6a9-4041-a279-ce797d11deb2Post:926c22a3-3da9-40e9-891a-81328fa03848">Re: I could take you there... and other strange things men say.</a>:
    [QUOTE]had to jump in even though I should be working. A guy friend of mine's old standby is "Nice shoes! Wanna f*ck?". And it has worked, more than once. Amazing!
    Posted by SarahPLiz[/QUOTE]

Or, "Wanna go back to my place and eat pizza and f*ck?"  If the answer is no, "Why not?  Don't you like pizza?"
    panther
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_could-there-other-strange-things-men-say?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:ca4f13ca-a6a9-4041-a279-ce797d11deb2Post:292a26e4-ff14-45c5-aeec-1af6233eecef">Re: I could take you there... and other strange things men say.</a>:
    [QUOTE]sesh- my guy friends say I am standoffish which is why I dont really get picked up. I really don't think I am. H and I have been dating for 8 years tho and started in high school.. I never really learned how to be available.
    Posted by Starmusica[/QUOTE]

I'm kind of that way too. I never dated before H and wasn't looking for a relationship, so I don't really know how to flirt or anything. And now I'm certainly not looking for a guy, so I guess that comes off as standoff-ish.

H told me recently that I hardly smiled on our first date. He figured I was nervous and reserved. I feel bad, I must have come off as a bitch even though I thought  was being nice.
  • Options
    One time I was at Wal-Mart in the throw pillow aisle looking for cheap pillows when a guy came up to me with a cart and started talking to me. He said he was new in town and wanted to know if I'd like to go to dinner with him sometime. I lied and said I had a boyfriend. He was kinda cute, but the fact that he had 180 thread count sheets in his cart kinda sealed his fate with me.
  • Options
    MIAF- but I think for guys.. a girl working in home depot- especially a gorgeous one like you is too hot for them not to comment. some men just lack control.

my book shelf:
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_could-there-other-strange-things-men-say?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ca4f13ca-a6a9-4041-a279-ce797d11deb2Post:5e698288-2953-44ff-a7e5-4d0c758fdee6">Re: I could take you there... and other strange things men say.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had a boyscout (12-13 yo) come into our office and try to sell me some popcorn. <strong>I told him no and as he turned to leave, he looked back at me and said "Nice breasts" I know my eyes had to get as big as saucers.</strong> I told him he had better get the hell out of our office ASAP! I've never wanted to hit a kid so bad... FYI: I'm a B on a good day, so it's not like I was spilling out all over the place. Or that I even have any that could spill out. He was just a pervy lil shiit!
    Posted by Chi_Chi[/QUOTE]

holy crap! I would have peed my pants laughing though. I probably shouldn't procreate if I think this is funny.
  • Options
    Sesh: I have a bitch face too! I look like I have a hella attitude 90% of the time.

It is true that pit bulls grab and hold on. But what they most
    often grab and refuse to let go of is your heart

imageimage
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_could-there-other-strange-things-men-say?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ca4f13ca-a6a9-4041-a279-ce797d11deb2Post:33a85298-5607-4703-83c7-192803aa0697">Re: I could take you there... and other strange things men say.</a>:
    [QUOTE]One time I was at Wal-Mart in the throw pillow aisle looking for cheap pillows when a guy came up to me with a cart and started talking to me. He said he was new in town and wanted to know if I'd like to go to dinner with him sometime. I lied and said I had a boyfriend. He was kinda cute<strong>, but the fact that he had 180 thread count sheets in his cart kinda sealed his fate with me.</strong>
    Posted by zippityb[/QUOTE]

HAHAHHA
    did he use two in one shampoo/conditioner too?
  • Options
    I'm with you Sesh. I'm not friendly to men in that context. When my girlfriends and I go out, I just walk away when they talk to guys. 

This guy offered to buy me a drink last weekend. I said No. Then he told me his name. I said, "I don't care." and walked away.
      My friends always tell me I'm a terrible wingman. Sorry, I don't like/trust any man that wants to buy me a drink. I have a ring on. I don't want to have sex with you.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_could-there-other-strange-things-men-say?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:ca4f13ca-a6a9-4041-a279-ce797d11deb2Post:d3790549-4818-4a91-8aaa-7ba91ff51d0a">Re: I could take you there... and other strange things men say.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I could take you there... and other strange things men say. : HAHAHHA did he use two in one shampoo/conditioner too?

Probably. Like an animal.
  • Options
    The one that made me laugh out loud (and this was a long time ago) was a guy in a bar who came over to me and said, "I saw you looking at me across the room and could tell you were undressing me with your eyes."

I was dumbfounded. Actually, I was staring at his friend, MY friend, the bartender, who I WAS crushing on. And if I'd thought quickly, I would have said that. But no. I just laughed.

And later, after Darrin said he was a good guy, I left with him.

Damn Darrin.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    Oh come ON Jas.  Everyone knows that some men really do  just want to buy you a drink and chat ;)

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_could-there-other-strange-things-men-say?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ca4f13ca-a6a9-4041-a279-ce797d11deb2Post:33bf4e11-c1e4-473e-a1dd-36868395e7d2">Re: I could take you there... and other strange things men say.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm with you Sesh. I'm not friendly to men in that context. When my girlfriends and I go out, I just walk away when they talk to guys.         This guy offered to buy me a drink last weekend. I said No. Then he told me his name. I said, "I don't care." and walked away.   My friends always tell me I'm a terrible wingman.<strong> Sorry, I don't like/trust any man that wants to buy me a drink. I have a ring on. I don't want to have sex with you.</strong>
    Posted by jasmineh7777[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>YES what is the DEAL with this. I have gotten hit on more in the last 2 months since we got married than in the last 2 years. whats the deal!?</div>

my book shelf:
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_could-there-other-strange-things-men-say?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ca4f13ca-a6a9-4041-a279-ce797d11deb2Post:baee94b0-34e7-4966-bb6e-4698cd1bbb97">Re: I could take you there... and other strange things men say.</a>:
    [QUOTE]M&M: I definitely laughed about it after the shock wore off. But I still couldn't believe the irony in a 12yo boy scout hitting on me. They're supposed to be helping old ladies with their groceries.
    Posted by Chi_Chi[/QUOTE]

But hey! Now oyu know you have nice tits.... out of the mouths of babes ;)
  • Options
    LTZ - That reminds me a while ago, I was filling up my gas tank and some dude was at the gas station with the tailgate of his truck down and he was selling firewood.  He asked me, "So do you chew gum?"  He kept asking me all these weird questions like "Do you smoke?  Do you drink?"  WTF is this third degree buddy I don't even know you?! 

You know what else I hate?  When you're outside, jogging, minding your own damn business, and some skeever drives by and honks at you.  Or yells something vulgar.  Because yeah... women looooove that.
    panther
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_could-there-other-strange-things-men-say?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:ca4f13ca-a6a9-4041-a279-ce797d11deb2Post:e5765551-398d-4669-99a7-f716a1f2ad54">Re: I could take you there... and other strange things men say.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I could take you there... and other strange things men say. : Some men like the chase. It is the alpha male thing. I just like free drinks. Judge away.

Oh no judgment. I am the most paranoid bar-goer ever. I am the one watching my friends' drinks and walking to my car holding my keys like a weapon.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_could-there-other-strange-things-men-say?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ca4f13ca-a6a9-4041-a279-ce797d11deb2Post:47a83de8-9ccb-4708-80a0-b7987a3a5b0d">Re: I could take you there... and other strange things men say.</a>:
    [QUOTE]My friend and I were at a bar and some guys sent us drinks from the other side of the bar (I didn't know people still did that).  Then they proceeded to never come and talk to us or anything.  And since I was engaged and she was seriously dating someone, we weren't about to go talk to them.  It was weird.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

This happens to me when I am at my Florida house or when I was in NOLA. Is it a southern thing? Was I missing the part where am supposed to go talk to them? Were you in the south when this happened? Yeah, I think my theory sucks.
  • Options
    So back when I lived in NewportBeach (South Orange County, CA) I would always find these men who averaged about 10 years older than I asking me if I like to travel and how they will take me to (insert destination here) and I would never have to worry about working again. And if I wanted to, I could come to their beach house (because they all have one) and have their maid serve us cocktails but "no pressure for sex" they just want to get to know me.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic "Do not seek the because; in love there is no because, no reason, no explanation, no solutions."
  • Options
    AnysunriseAnysunrise member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited October 2010
    Jas: I must've looked older or something at that age because I was hit on by older guys ALL the time. I had some guy in Ottawa ask me what I was going to college for while checking out comics. Yeah, I was in 10th grade and there on a band trip.
  • Options
    RYoung that is just gross.

panther
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_could-there-other-strange-things-men-say?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ca4f13ca-a6a9-4041-a279-ce797d11deb2Post:9e4c677c-efa9-4e3e-b89c-1a65f5560d65">Re: I could take you there... and other strange things men say.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I could take you there... and other strange things men say. : Oh no judgment. I am the most paranoid bar-goer ever. I am the one watching my friends' drinks and walking to my car holding my keys like a weapon.
    Posted by jasmineh7777[/QUOTE]

oh no! I don't think you were judging at all... it was more that I know people do judge when married/engaged women go out and have a good time. It is just silly to me. I go out every other night with all the guys from work and I also go out with just my two good guys friends all the time. I also go out with my single girlfriends and we are the ones up on stage with the band. I definitely know how people could take it, and I don't blame them - but Mike doesn't mind in the least and neither do I :)
  • Options
    M&M: I do the same thing with drinks. I never go to a bar without J, but when we do go, we're not stuck to each others hips. There have been several times that guys have offered to buy me and my friends drinks. J just sits back and is glad that that $5 for a beer didn't come out of his pocket. 

It is true that pit bulls grab and hold on. But what they most
    often grab and refuse to let go of is your heart

imageimage
  • Options
    Star- Want a cookie? Seriously? That is freaking hilarious.

Cranberry- I'm pretty excited about your Buffy signature.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards