Snarky Brides
Options

*vegasgroom* Re: Reggie Bush

My fiance just texted me this little nugget of info - have you heard about this?

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2010/09/07/report-reggie-bush-stripped-heisman-trophy/

I dunno, you're a boy.  You like football.  Right?  Thoughts?

My family is a huge bunch of USC fans so the past few years (and undoubtedly, the next four) have been kinda embarrassing.
panther

Re: *vegasgroom* Re: Reggie Bush

• Options
    ::Butting in::

I haven't been following this story very closely, but if I read that article right he's being stripped of it due to problems with the program he was involved in at the time, not due to any fault of his own.  I'm not sure how I feel about that.  Clearly I need to read up on this situation.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    B - I think it has to do with benefits he and his family were receiving as a result of him playing for USC.  This was the golden boy at SC and everyone - I mean EVERYONE, was collectively sucking his diick.

ETA - Here, B - this is the wiki of it.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USC_Trojans_football#NCAA_violations_and_sanctions
    panther
  • Options

The group that hands out the Heisman requires that all to be considered for the award be in compliance with NCAA rules and mandates. Apparently Bush has been ruled not in compliance during the time that he won. They have conducted multiple inquiries both in the NCAA and Heisman organization. If he wasn't in compliance during this time, he should have the award stripped. JMO

Which did you like better? "Jedi" or "The Empire Strikes Back"? "Empire". Blasphemy. "Empire" had the better ending. I mean, Luke gets his hand cut off, finds out Vader's his father, Han gets frozen and taken away by Boba Fett. It ends on such a down note. I mean, that's what life is, a series of down endings. All "Jedi" had was a bunch of Muppets.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_vegasgroom-re-reggie-bush?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:cbb87803-1503-4b82-a5c6-3a312b61e2c2Post:ae28f073-e8f0-430f-b9eb-8025b715dd1c">Re: *vegasgroom* Re: Reggie Bush</a>:
    [QUOTE]B - I think it has to do with benefits he and his family were receiving as a result of him playing for USC.  This was the golden boy at SC and everyone - I mean EVERYONE, was collectively sucking his diick.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]
    Ooooh the payouts.  Okay, I vaguely remember hearing about this on ESPN.  Yeah, in that case, I understand why they had to strip him of it.  My H and I have very different opinions on that matter, though.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    As a Saints fan, I really, really don't like him! I wish he would just start running the ball and quit acting like a scared little girl. But, my opinion has no relevance to the linked article, so carry on...

It is true that pit bulls grab and hold on. But what they most
    often grab and refuse to let go of is your heart

imageimage
  • Options
    Chi Chi - as a Vikes fan, I'm no fan of his either :)

You ready for Thursday!?  WHO DAT!
    panther
  • Options
    DodgersBrideDodgersBride member
    First Comment
    edited September 2010

USC returned their copy of his Heisman by choice. They also removed his jerseys and murals from campus. It's not a done deal yet about his Heisman. They will announce at the end of the month if he will have to return it.

• Options
    USC got what was coming to them. I don't really feel all that bad for Reggie Bush. His Heisman, or lack thereof, has essentially no bearing on his career. He's got a good job with a good team and if he's sad about some stupid trophy (and yes, that's all the Heisman is, a stupid trophy), he needs to get some goddamn perspective.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Options
    I'd probably need to know more about what he did that made him ineligible that season (and the award) before I'd be able to see if it's a deserved punishment or not; not that my opionion matters to the NCAA. :-)

Unfortunately I currently root against USC, not because I don't like them, but I think their new coach is a big piece of crap.  He has never proven himself beyond one season but he is really good at talking a good talk and somehow keeps jumping higher and higher up the coaching ladder.  Hell, he may have even had something to do with the current violations since he was a coordinator there at the time the violations occurred.  So then he moves on to Tennessee, whom I have no connection with, and gets rid of a bunch of traditions that had been in place for decades, says some disrespectful things about the program's history, pisses off a bunch of other coaches by saying things that were later proven to be untrue, violates a bunch of rules getting Tennessee minor sanctions and then quits to go back to USC after one whole year.  Takes his defensive coordinator dad with him of course, and a few other staff, and then also recruits a Tennessee Titans coach without going through the proper channels and gets a law suit filed before he's even been at USC for two months.  The guy he got from the Titans had not even coached during an active NFL season yet, he took the job four months prior and quits a month before NFL season starts, so it sounds like that guy's ethics are a perfect match for Kiffin lol.

Ok, I'm done rambling, I just think Lane Kiffin is an unethical piece of crap that college kids he's coaching should not look up to or aspire to be like and that's not the type of person who should be a coach.  I think he's going to ultimately hurt USC too, in the long run.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_vegasgroom-re-reggie-bush?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:cbb87803-1503-4b82-a5c6-3a312b61e2c2Post:d93a4a08-0e7a-4f74-a762-ddfb60b126d4">Re: *vegasgroom* Re: Reggie Bush</a>:
    [QUOTE]USC got what was coming to them. I don't really feel all that bad for Reggie Bush. His Heisman, or lack thereof, has essentially no bearing on his career. He's got a good job with a good team and if he's sad about some stupid trophy (and yes, that's all the Heisman is, a stupid trophy), he needs to get some goddamn perspective.
    Posted by laurenclaire1386[/QUOTE]

<div>cosigned- me</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I think it is only fair.  As a NCAA player you sign a contract acknowledging their rules & policies.  He & his family broke those rules.  Now I do not know if the family was taking gifts & he did not know about it, or if he was directly taking gifts.
  • Options
    Hmmm - wonder what Kim Kardashian has to say about this? Isn't this guy the one she was dating and ditched?
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    It may just be a "stupid trophy" but its more than that.  He will be the 1st person in the 75year history....its got to be humiliating.
  • Options
    AATB-YES!!! After last year, it's hard to come down from that high and not to get crazy excited when they play. My H will purposely root for the opposing team and tell me that they suck. Then I usually punch him in a rib :)

It is true that pit bulls grab and hold on. But what they most
    often grab and refuse to let go of is your heart

imageimage
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_vegasgroom-re-reggie-bush?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:cbb87803-1503-4b82-a5c6-3a312b61e2c2Post:1eeef071-5574-4186-8f5e-00ead6fa98e0">Re: *vegasgroom* Re: Reggie Bush</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hmmm - wonder what Kim Kardashian has to say about this? Isn't this guy the one she was dating and ditched?
    Posted by missy68[/QUOTE]

I'm (unashamedly) obsessed with the Kardashians - but from what she says, they just couldn't make the relationship work.

My grandfather, who has been such a staunch SC fan his entire life (so much so that he named his only son Troy, and Troy went on to punt for SC in the mid 80s), believes that since the Kardashians are SC people (Rob went to SC), none of them could stand Reggie Bush after all this happened and she kicked him to the curb.  But they were together during all that, so, I dunno.  I don't think their breakup had anything to do with his dealings at SC.
    panther
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_vegasgroom-re-reggie-bush?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:cbb87803-1503-4b82-a5c6-3a312b61e2c2Post:c12e3316-3009-48df-906f-51e10f693dc4">Re: *vegasgroom* Re: Reggie Bush</a>:
    [QUOTE]It may just be a "stupid trophy" but its more than that.  He will be the 1st person in the 75year history....its got to be humiliating.
    Posted by *BeachBride0410*[/QUOTE]

Humiliating for sure.  OJ Simpson still has his Heisman trophy.
    panther
  • Options
    skippylouwhoskippylouwho member
    First Comment
    edited September 2010
    USC got what was coming to them. They turned a blind eye to what was going on. It's a shame they can't nail the former coach and all of his staff as well.

Much as USC deserves everything they are getting, if at all possible they should sue the heck out of Bush and the former coaching staff. They've already had to give back their national title trophy and now this. And they are stuck with a person of questionable character as the new coach. What goes around comes around.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_vegasgroom-re-reggie-bush?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:cbb87803-1503-4b82-a5c6-3a312b61e2c2Post:c12e3316-3009-48df-906f-51e10f693dc4">Re: *vegasgroom* Re: Reggie Bush</a>:
    [QUOTE]It may just be a "stupid trophy" but its more than that.  He will be the 1st person in the 75year history....its got to be humiliating.
    What's more humiliating is the number of guys that got Heisman trophies and went on to do NOTHING. Matt Leinart comes to mind. I just don't see how a trophy that says you're the best athlete in the NCAA matters one tiny bit if you've got a career (and a Superbowl win) in the NFL.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_vegasgroom-re-reggie-bush?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:cbb87803-1503-4b82-a5c6-3a312b61e2c2Post:0f1badaa-1c7b-4c30-817d-a1f59fb86b2f">Re: *vegasgroom* Re: Reggie Bush</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: *vegasgroom* Re: Reggie Bush : Humiliating for sure.  OJ Simpson still has his Heisman trophy.

I thought he sold it, or the courts made him sell it?

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_vegasgroom-re-reggie-bush?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:cbb87803-1503-4b82-a5c6-3a312b61e2c2Post:8bbccd04-3519-4460-ba8e-130012177ff0">Re: *vegasgroom* Re: Reggie Bush</a>:
    [QUOTE]USC got what was coming to them. They turned a blind eye to what was going on. It's a shame they can't nail the former coach and all of his staff as well. Much as USC deserves everything they are getting, <strong>if at all possible they should sue the heck out of Bush and the former coaching staff.</strong> They've already had to give back their national title trophy and now this. And they are stuck with a person of questionable character as the new coach. What goes around comes around.
    Posted by skippylouwho[/QUOTE]

Funny thing about that is they'd be suing their current head coach who left and then just came back. :-)

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_vegasgroom-re-reggie-bush?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:cbb87803-1503-4b82-a5c6-3a312b61e2c2Post:4e43bc33-e649-4743-b5a5-dfbb9ef5127a">Re: *vegasgroom* Re: Reggie Bush</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: *vegasgroom* Re: Reggie Bush : I thought he sold it, or the courts made him sell it?
    Posted by vegasgroom[/QUOTE]

I guess what I meant to say was - he still has it in that he wasn't stripped of it.  He's still listed as a Heisman winner.

Wherever the actual trophy went, meh, who knows.  OJ didn't do it!  (lol)
    panther
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_vegasgroom-re-reggie-bush?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:cbb87803-1503-4b82-a5c6-3a312b61e2c2Post:0f1badaa-1c7b-4c30-817d-a1f59fb86b2f">Re: *vegasgroom* Re: Reggie Bush</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: *vegasgroom* Re: Reggie Bush : Humiliating for sure.  OJ Simpson still has his Heisman trophy.
    I'm not sure what OJ has to do with this.  He didn't do anything during the time period that the honor was bestowed upon him to lose the trophy.  Whether or not he killed anyone years later is irrelevant to the honor/trophy.

I think PP is right, though, that he was forced to sell it off to try and pay back the Goldmans.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_vegasgroom-re-reggie-bush?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:cbb87803-1503-4b82-a5c6-3a312b61e2c2Post:2f2b3c52-8ef1-4556-ad3a-f8d465ec1283">Re: *vegasgroom* Re: Reggie Bush</a>:
    [QUOTE]To be consistent with the original stereotype, I have absolutely no idea what anyone is talking about. I'm like Charlie Brown in a room full of adults.
    Posted by MarriedInAFever[/QUOTE]

Wah, wah.  :)
    panther
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_vegasgroom-re-reggie-bush?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:cbb87803-1503-4b82-a5c6-3a312b61e2c2Post:2f2b3c52-8ef1-4556-ad3a-f8d465ec1283">Re: *vegasgroom* Re: Reggie Bush</a>:
    [QUOTE]To be consistent with the original stereotype, I have absolutely no idea what anyone is talking about. I'm like Charlie Brown in a room full of adults.
    Posted by MarriedInAFever[/QUOTE]
    Wuh wuh wuh wuh wuh.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • Options

What is BS though is USC removing everything to do with Bush to make themselves look good in the eyes of the NCAA, I believe USC is not going to get as much backlash regarding this as they should. 

• Options
    That's exactly right.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_vegasgroom-re-reggie-bush?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:cbb87803-1503-4b82-a5c6-3a312b61e2c2Post:89824571-a19e-46b1-8eda-a1066ec05155">Re: *vegasgroom* Re: Reggie Bush</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: *vegasgroom* Re: Reggie Bush : No matter how good he is, this is something that is going to haunt him for the rest of his life & what may be the 1st thing people think of when they hear his name.  No one is going to forget about it, it will tarnish his name. 

I think the only thing that is really tarnished is his legacy at USC. He has his career with a Super Bowl winning team. I honestly think the first thing ppl think about when they first see\hear his name is <em>oh that football guy who dated Kim Kardashian or the guy who just won a super bowl. And not oh the guy who got his Heisman taken away. </em>
  • Options
    DodgersBrideDodgersBride member
    First Comment
    edited September 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_vegasgroom-re-reggie-bush?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:cbb87803-1503-4b82-a5c6-3a312b61e2c2Post:ec23a5e0-57e5-4425-b30a-8e38988b3f01">Re: *vegasgroom* Re: Reggie Bush</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>What is BS though is USC removing everything to do with Bush to make themselves look good in the eyes of the NCAA</strong>, I believe USC is not going to get as much backlash regarding this as they should. 

On yahoo right now an article states that "The NCAA order USC to remove all references to Bush from its sporting venues and promotional material and vacate his statistics from all games in which he was ineligible."
  • Options

Kardashian's just how I recognized the name. I don't follow much college football.

One of two things happened to OJ Simpson's personal Heisman. Either his agent took it out of the house before the Goldmans got there (he's admitted to doing this) or they have it and have sold or have tried to sell it. All that "stuff" in Las Vegas he was trying to steal back? It was stuff his agent took out of his house. But yes, he is still on record as having won the Heisman.

Now back to the regular programming.

Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_vegasgroom-re-reggie-bush?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:cbb87803-1503-4b82-a5c6-3a312b61e2c2Post:67147c4b-0aef-475b-9ec7-839f48bcc2c3">Re: *vegasgroom* Re: Reggie Bush</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: *vegasgroom* Re: Reggie Bush : I'm (unashamedly) obsessed with the Kardashians - but from what she says, they just couldn't make the relationship work. My grandfather, who has been such a staunch SC fan his entire life (so much so that he named his only son Troy, and Troy went on to punt for SC in the mid 80s), believes that since the Kardashians are SC people (<strong>Rob went to SC</strong>), none of them could stand Reggie Bush after all this happened and she kicked him to the curb.  But they were together during all that, so, I dunno.  I don't think their breakup had anything to do with his dealings at SC.

And Robert Kardashian senior went to law school there.

My FI went to grad school at SC. This is slightly embarassing. On the plus side, he thinks it will be easy to get tickets to the football games now.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards