July 2012 Weddings
Options

Return address on invitations

How are you/did you word your return address label for your invitations? Did you use FI's last name for both of you or yours & his?

I was going to do Jennie Johnson/Mark Olson and our address but now I'm wondering if I should do Jennie & Mark Olson??

We live together currently so it's not an issue of who physically lives at the address.

Re: Return address on invitations

• Options
    You should do your first and last name his first and last name.. You are not married yet so you should not write the return address as if you are
  • Options
    we just did our first names
    Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
  • Options
    Definitely use each of your own names, youre not married yet.

On a different note, is anyone having their parents receive the RSVP's? I am so annoyed and mad that my mom wants to get them. I have all of my spreadsheets and everything and I want to personally see the rsvps since I will know everyone that responds and be in charge of it. My mom said since they are hosting/paying for the wedding and their names are on the invitation, then they get to receive the rsvps. Ugh! She said she'll send me a daily update. Really annoyed about this! it's my wedding and I want to get excited about checking the mail for rsvps! maybe I'm being a brat.
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Colleen's right. Our return address is my mom's address since she's the host of the wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_return-address-on-invitations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:11c316ea-2c0f-45af-b1ac-64566b5f3c04Post:fe81a91c-30e2-469a-8570-a0af2e3b203a">Re: Return address on invitations</a>:
    [QUOTE]Definitely use each of your own names, youre not married yet. On a different note, is anyone having their parents receive the RSVP's? I am so annoyed and mad that my mom wants to get them. I have all of my spreadsheets and everything and I want to personally see the rsvps since I will know everyone that responds and be in charge of it. <strong>My mom said since they are hosting/paying for the wedding and their names are on the invitation, then they get to receive the rsvps. Ugh!</strong> She said she'll send me a daily update. Really annoyed about this! it's my wedding and I want to get excited about checking the mail for rsvps! maybe I'm being a brat.
    Posted by lvissers[/QUOTE]

YUP! I am soo annoyed about this. I really wish I could just do it since I'm SO much more careful with these type of things. UGH
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Mine are also going to my parents because they are hosting. However, she's letting me input all of the RSVPs onto a spreadsheet I already have so we could keep better track of who's coming and what they're eating.
    "Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are."
  • Options

I sent my mom my spreadsheet, and I hope she can fill it in correctly/accurately. I may just have her call me every night to let me know if any RSVPs came in and then sit with my spreadsheet and do it myself.

I don't trust anyone hahaha

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We just did our first names.  Even though our parents have pitched in their names aren't on the invites, nor are they on the return address labels...I think my mom was a little hurt by that, but its done...  :/

LM & FI
    address
    city, state zip
  • Options
    We did my parents names and address as the return address on the invitations as they are hosting. But we put my name and address for the RSVP's, so that I can keep track of them. 

image 183 Invited image 101 Are ready to party!! image 82 Are missing out image 0 Are Driving me Crazy!! The new Mrs. McIver!! :)
  • Options
    We used our first names. The RSVPs will be coming back to us, I prefer to keep track of everything.
    doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We did out first names and address in a circle around our monogram. 
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    For the return address on the invitations, we just put our address and no name.  The RSVPs are coming back to me at our apartment.  FI had no interest in being on the response cards lol. 
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    Same as many PP - we just put our first names & are having them come back to us. Just easier that way. 
  • Options
    Nati05Nati05 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    I put no name. It's going to my mom's house anyway lol
  • Options
    I actually used my name by have them being sent to my moms house.. I dont check my mail everyday so this is actually easier for me.  I will still be picking them up every evening after work :)
  • Options
    We put our last names with a heart in between and our zipcode.  That's it --love small town post offices!
  • Options
    Got it. Thanks gals!

I'm going to do my name with last name/his name with last name and our address.

Neither of our parents are helping. It's a second marriage for both of us and while my parents also didn't contribute to my first, I didn't even think of asking them for this one.
  • Options
    I did our ivitations like this:
    My name
    His name
    Address
    Our town state and zip code

Our response cards are written like this:
    My name and His name
    Our Address
    Our town state and zipcode

Cate Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Put your own names.  Your not married yet and you haven't taken him lastname yet.
    . Anniversary aandt image
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_return-address-on-invitations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:11c316ea-2c0f-45af-b1ac-64566b5f3c04Post:93f5a5a9-a041-47b2-abea-bdc282e9fde5">Re: Return address on invitations</a>:
    [QUOTE]Colleen's right. Our return address is my mom's address since she's the host of the wedding.
    Posted by bridetobe71412[/QUOTE]

Same for us!
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_return-address-on-invitations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:11c316ea-2c0f-45af-b1ac-64566b5f3c04Post:9568eb75-be2d-4463-991f-5cafeab0e711">Re: Return address on invitations</a>:
    [QUOTE]I sent my mom my spreadsheet, and I hope she can fill it in correctly/accurately. I may just have her call me every night to let me know if any RSVPs came in and then sit with my spreadsheet and do it myself. I don't trust anyone hahaha
    Posted by bridetobe71412[/QUOTE]

I am the same way my mom is not 1/2 as organized as me!!  She lives a mile away from me so every weekend I am going to go to her house and we are going to open up the rsvps together so I will have my list at her house to keep track of everyone.
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_return-address-on-invitations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:11c316ea-2c0f-45af-b1ac-64566b5f3c04Post:424ebddc-d477-421a-be85-1449bdb39405">Re: Return address on invitations</a>:
    [QUOTE]We used our first names. The RSVPs will be coming back to us, I prefer to keep track of everything.
    Posted by mekiakoo[/QUOTE]

Same with us. Only first names and our address since I'm keeping track of them.  My mom's only concern about this was that she was worried my family would realize FI and I live together. It's supposed to be a secret since my family is very conservative.  Hopefully no one cares at this point since it's so close to the wedding.
  • Options
    My parents are getting the RSVP cards, but we are addressing them to "The Smith and Smith Wedding" at my parent's address.

My mom will immediately be turning the RSVP cards over to me so that I can update our Excel database. My mom would not know how to keep them organized, especially since we have to chart/keep track of their meal choices. 
  • Options
    We just put our names and my parent's house address
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_return-address-on-invitations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:11c316ea-2c0f-45af-b1ac-64566b5f3c04Post:b885612e-4e1e-4f41-9b9a-5286ceb0a59f">Re: Return address on invitations</a>:
    [QUOTE]I did our ivitations like this: My name His name Address Our town state and zip code  Our response cards are written like this: My name and His name Our Address Our town state and zipcode
    Posted by cmhutchison22[/QUOTE]

<div>We did this ^^</div>
    :)AJ Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards