Snarky Brides

Meal plans please.

2»

Re: Meal plans please.

• Oooh, shredded parm is a great idea.  Any idea for other veggies to add?  I don't love onions or peppers, so all I really ate was the sausage and potatoes.  I can always just add a salad, but it would be so easy to add some other veggies too.  I was thinking some carrots, and maybe some mushrooms.  I wish I liked roasted broccoli but I don't. 

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Everything is better with cheese.

As far as veggies... we love peppers and I could eat those little roasted carmelized onions all day long.  Have you tried it with the peppers? They taste different than peppers done other ways. We always do an orange and red pepper, because they're a little... sweeter?

oh! I bet it'd be good over some steamed brussel sprouts too. 
  • We did red peppers, and I tried them, and I didn't hate them, but I didn't love them either.

• off topic, but I'm asking you since I know you're here.

When you do your OCM, what ratio do you use for the castor/grapeseed/jojoba oils?  I've been using grapeseed and jojoba in my make-up wipe things, but I'm going to switch over completely. I can't use any of my other stuff now, thanks to the bean, and my face looks like crap anyway, so I want to try something new finally.
  • Ha, OCM.  I need to get back on that train.  I've been lazy this past week, and my face is seriously suffering.  I'm out, and need to mix up some more.

I'd been using about 60% castor, 20% grapeseed, and 20% jojoba.  I'm going to mix it 50-25-25 this time since it's been so dry. 

• Just planned mine and I feel so productive today.

Tonight--homemade pizza (pepperoni, peppers, onions, cheese and sauce) with veggies on the side

Monday--Pasta carbonara, veggies

Tuesday--Meatloaf, roasted and seasoned red potatoes

Wednesday--Baked fried chicken, potatoes au gratin

Thursday--Taco bake

Friday--If we don't go out, probably pasta with meat sauce
  • ohhh maybe I'll make meatloaf. I love RR's mini-meatloaf recipe (in muffin tins.)

Thanks, J! That's about what I was thinking. 
  • Oooh meatloaf sounds good too.

• J- this is the RR recipe I love.  (This version looks like it's written for kids. ha)

http://www.rachaelray.com/recipe.php?recipe_id=682

Basically, it's like any other meatloaf recipe, except she puts BBQ sauce in it and on top, and adds salsa to the ground meat too. They're delicious and super moist (and perfect leftover sized.)
  • I saw that mini meatloaf recipe and was thinking of trying it. maybe I'll do that instead of the regular one.  Mmmm meatloaf.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_meal-plans-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:ce7989a6-825b-44fe-89d7-62ca66c7b659Post:7b03cd45-558e-4d15-bc6c-b4b231618204">Re: Meal plans please.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Meal plans please. : Kate I love your pic! You look so pretty and happy.
    Posted by AMYM312[/QUOTE]

Thanks!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards