Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

NWR:Ideas needed please

David's 25th bday is Sept 9 and I kinda want to do something special because it's his 25th and its 9/9/09 haha!The only idea I have so far is going to the drive in theater in Granbury and bring like a picnic with us and maybe our puppy since they are allowed. Any other ideas that are relatively inexpensive? Obviously I don't mind driving an hour or so out for something unique. Just looking for something a little more than dinner and a movie which we do 90% of the times we go do something together outside of the house lol (even though this is still that it's more than just driving to the local theater lol)I know it's hard not knowing him but he is really up for anything except bars(hates the smoking aspect of it...as do I) He's not big on going to clubs either..again mostly because of the smoking factor lolTIA!

Re: NWR:Ideas needed please

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Ad-Libs, if they are open.  He gets in free!  However, they will bring him on stage and have him in one of the skits.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Paintball? Live up the 25 theme somehow. Get him 25 pieces of candy, 25 dollar bills, 25 reasons why you love him, etc.
  • Options
    appletango85appletango85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great idea Emi thanks!!! Why didn't I think of that? LOL
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    For H's 25th birthday (which seems like decades ago because we had just started dating) I took him to dinner then had a suprise party planned for him at The Quarter Bar in Dallas. I kept saying "it's your Quarter of a Century birthday!!!" He loved it.Also, all of the bars in Dallas have a no smoking ordinance, so smoke shouldn't be an issue any more.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    there is also a drive in in Ennis which is nice too. I'm not sure if Ennis or Grandbury is closer to you.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've heard the Pocket Sandwich Theater is a lot of fun. Is he into wine? A Grapevine Wine Tasting could be neat too.
    Click Here for Bio Image and video hosting by TinyPic Married June 12, 2010!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    He may not be into this stuff, but going to pick peaches, apples, pumpkins, and blueberries are some of my best memories!http://www.pickyourown.org/TXdallas.htm
    Click Here for Bio Image and video hosting by TinyPic Married June 12, 2010!
  • Options
    DonnaariesDonnaaries member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love the late night comedy at Pocket Sandwich Theatre.  It's all local talent so it's a lot cheaper than going to The Improv or something.
    D&M Bio
    Now with vendor reviews!
    Donna Cooks: My Food Blog
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    appletango85appletango85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is so cool Marissa! I am going to take him to pick apples, then go to the Ad-Lib and then make apple butter with the apples we pick :D I LOVE apple butter! hopefully it doesn't suck because I have never made that kind of thing from scratch before lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards