Snarky Brides
Options

Tuesday morning...

Apparently I have no interest in going to work as I am still sitting at home. I am so tired today...I skipped the gym last night (not good) and I am sure it is partially at cause for my tiredness...oh well, work isn't really an option is it.

What's up for all you ladies today?

ps: SarahPlz...I read your blog comment to my DH last night, he is taking my scale away for 2 weeks (was supposed to start this morning but good lord, does he ever have the worst memory known to man)...anyways, it's probably a good thing, even though it is going to drive me insane. :)

Re: Tuesday morning...

• Options
    Morning. Today is going to be a long day. Normal 10-hour day, most likely training our new hires, then working our job fair until 7:30. The good thing is I get to interview people, which looks great on my resume. The bad thing is that means I'm here for like 13+ hours.

We are currently having a huge storm, which is awesome. I love the rain, puts me in a great mood.
  • Options
    Good Morning. I had crazy dreams last night (I think it's because I took a sleep aid). The first dream, I dreamt that I had somehow gotten stranded on this island in Alaska (which is most likely due to the fact that I was living in Kodiak before I moved here) for four years. I learned to live off the land and hunt and fish and stuff. Every time I went to cross the water to get to the mainland, these humpback whales would start breaching in the water and I couldn't get across.

The second dream I had, I dreamt that I was in this neighborhood that was evacuating due to a zombie attack. I was staying behind with four or five other people to fend off the zombies to give the evacuees a head start. I was shouting out all these orders like "Put that plywood over the windows!" and "Gather as much food and clothing as you can!". Then it started blizzarding.

And then I woke up.

So yeah, my day is going swell in comparison to my dreams last night LOL.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Options
    Good morning.  Um...  it's freaking beasting outside.  wtf, it is not hurricane season yet!

So yesterday H asked his boss whether he wanted Wednesday or Thursday to be his last day (since they have been switching between three and four day weeks) and his boss goes, "Today is fine."  Well, have a nice day to you do as$hole.  The other owner of the company was PISSED when he found out.  So he asked H to come in on Wednesday.  I think they want to take him out to lunch and just hang out before saying goodbye.  Too bad that wasn't his boss =/.

Anyway, have a great day everyone!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    That sucks the boss is being a douche about it, shay. What does he expect, of course someone is going to take a job that gives more hours instead of being jerked around. At least the other boss is nice about it.
  • Options
    Morning all. 

No gym/workout for me either yesterday.  I was tired, and needed to get groceries.  Excuses, escuses, I'll get back under the bar today.

I'm a bit excited because today is my first delivery from the CSA we signed up for.  This totally throws a wrench in how I plan our weekly meals, but I think it will be good.  Hopefully it will help us branch out on the veggies we eat.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Good Morning Number! Your clothing fit, energy level and mood are all better predicters of health than your scale. I really hope this little experiment helps you focus on the really important parts of eating right and exercising. It really helped me when I was in a plateau funk once. 

I made DH go to bootcamp with me this morning and he rocked it. I just wanted to puke the whole second half. It was weird. I have a buddy who is a month ahead of me in her pregnancy, and she kept going so I did too. I love it when we show up to the same session.

I've got lots of work to do today, so I won't be around much. I hope you all have great days!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I know Sesh!  H even felt bad looking for jobs without telling them so he told HR and his boss that he was going to have to start looking if they couldn't give him at least four days.  We couldn't do three days anymore, we just couldn't.  I think his boss didn't expect him to find anything so now he's mad.  I'm just glad he's getting out of the situation.  H has to take his Professional Engineering exam in October and the application is due April 16th.  He doesn't even want to put his boss down as a professional reference because he's afraid he will lie about him.  How sad is that?
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tuesday-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:d17b0ccc-7fdd-44ae-8e05-c0a14af970f5Post:c4c80e27-82ec-4919-8026-bf2d2ccfe077">Re: Tuesday morning...</a>:
    [QUOTE] H has to take his Professional Engineering exam in October and the application is due April 16th.  He doesn't even want to put his boss down as a professional reference because he's afraid he will lie about him.  How sad is that?
    Posted by shaydenise[/QUOTE]

That's very sad, though ethically, he boss shouldn't lie (assuming he's also a Professional Engineer).  I need to get my butt in gear and finish up the paperwork for my designation, I seriously have, like, 2 hours worth or work left for it.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tuesday-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:d17b0ccc-7fdd-44ae-8e05-c0a14af970f5Post:ac280417-0778-423d-9955-9e5af5686878">Re: Tuesday morning...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tuesday morning... : That's very sad, though ethically, he boss shouldn't lie (assuming he's also a Professional Engineer).  I need to get my butt in gear and finish up the paperwork for my designation, I seriously have, like, 2 hours worth or work left for it.
    Posted by raynes[/QUOTE]

I didn't know you were an engineer Raynes.  It is really sad, but H is realizing that's just how his boss is.  He tells clients what they want to hear even if it's a lie (which would be why they don't have many clients right now) and then they call H up wanting to know what's going on.

But H has plenty of other references from his internships and other companies so he's not going to worry about it.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tuesday-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:d17b0ccc-7fdd-44ae-8e05-c0a14af970f5Post:305a0c7c-499d-47b3-9dda-11d646575832">Re: Tuesday morning...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tuesday morning... : I didn't know you were an engineer Raynes.  It is really sad, but H is realizing that's just how his boss is.  <strong>He tells clients what they want to hear even if it's a lie (which would be why they don't have many clients right now</strong>) and then they call H up wanting to know what's going on. But H has plenty of other references from his internships and other companies so he's not going to worry about it.
    Posted by shaydenise[/QUOTE]

I'd be making an anonymous report to the state (?) governing body because that's totally unethical, or at the very least going up the chain of command.  Here in Ontario we're got a duty to report that sort of shenanigans.
  • Options
    Good morning, ladies.

Daughter's college campus visit went well, but she called and said she wished I was with her instead of her stupid father.  He was probably busy getting phone numbers instead of asking good parent questions and collecting relevant information.  Idiot. 

Have a great day, everyone!
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Good Morning.

My eye hurts.  I am 90% sure that I have a blocked tear duct and it sucks.  No sign of infection as of yet so I will be spending the day trying to get it to fix itself.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Sorry for your DH Shay, that sucks. Just think he'll  be out of there soon enough. And legally if someone calls for a reference they can only ask certain questions. He legally cant bash him, if he does it can be his a$$.

Well we took Miss Cleo to the vet last night, her arthritis is worse, so we are starting laser treatments. She had her first last night and we all had to wear goggles.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Goggle Doggie!  Doggle?
  • Options
    KD she looks so cute with the goggels on!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Had a few dizzy spells last night and one this morning.  I don't like it.  I've been having these off and on for YEARS and supposedly, nothing is wrong with me.  Mostly it'll happen when I lay down on the bed, then all of a sudden, wooo wooo.  I just wish it would stop.   

Here's hoping that today goes much smoother than yesterday.  It seemed like a reeeeaaaallllly long day yesterday.  Have a great one everybody!
  • Options
    Hey all. What is Knot Annie's e-mail address? The Indiana board does not seem to have a mod and I think there needs to be one, so I guess I'll volunteer.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tuesday-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:d17b0ccc-7fdd-44ae-8e05-c0a14af970f5Post:e86ca907-abdb-437a-a859-6ad28372a6d5">Re: Tuesday morning...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey all. What is Knot Annie's e-mail address? The Indiana board does not seem to have a mod and I think there needs to be one, so I guess I'll volunteer.
    Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]

ajones@theknot.com
  • Options
    I just lost my shiit on coworker. She was born in 1991 and has been flirting with one of the guys in our office (fraternization is strictly forbidden, you can get axed for that), and as I was explaining something to a customer, she flicked a rubber band at the guy she likes and it missed and hit me in the neck. I said "I'm counseling a customer here. Take your flirty shiit outside!".

Ugh...
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tuesday-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:d17b0ccc-7fdd-44ae-8e05-c0a14af970f5Post:6b07f9e4-c1ea-4f97-bdf3-4c07911307a1">Re: Tuesday morning...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just lost my shiit on coworker. She was born in 1991 and has been flirting with one of the guys in our office (fraternization is strictly forbidden, you can get axed for that), and as I was explaining something to a customer, she flicked a rubber band at the guy she likes and it missed and hit me in the neck. I said "I'm counseling a customer here. Take your flirty shiit outside!". Ugh...
    Posted by mehgank[/QUOTE]

Immaturity can happen at any age.
  • Options
    Good morning! I just got back from my monthly Dr. appointment and am eating breakfast while planning out the rest of the day. It's all icky and rainy outside so it's a good day for cleaning and doing nursery projects.

Shay, I would totally have him call and report the behavior, especially after he's out and if he's not using the boss for a reference later.

Awww goggle dog! Hopefully she will start feeling better now.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I'd kinda like to go apeshit on my co-worker.  During our spring flood coverage, he always goes to the Fargo briefings and I always go to the Moorhead briefings (unless we discuss something beforehand).  Fargo is at 8am, Moorhead at 10am.  I come in this morning and I guess he overslept this morning and didn't make it to the Fargo briefing.  As I'm getting my stuff ready to go to Moorhead, he walks by with his gear and his jacket on, says "Well, I'm off to Moorhead to see how their 'end of the world' is going."

Thaaaaaaaaaanks guy.  Douche kabob.
    panther
  • Options
    I just found out that the guy who sits 2 desks up from me had his headphones stolen sometime between the time he left and when he got in (so most likely last night). And they were in his desk, which means someone went snooping. I guess I'll be locking up my desk for sure from now on.

Filing that away for my future book about bullshiit that goes on at this place.
  • Options
    It's just raining and raining forever here. The front door just blew open and slammed shut because of the wind. And there's a crazy, possibly rabid, groundhog/woodchuck running around on the grassy hill across the parking lot. Also, one of my co-workers keeps singing "Born This Way".

Can you all visualize this? A crazy groundhog running around during a rainstorm to the soundtrack of Lady Gaga.

This is my life.
  • Options
    Hey ladies...sorry to hear about the sucky CWs. My truck is giving me problems again. I had the problem fixed less than six months ago and now its back. Its so frustrating to not have a good garage to take the truck to.
    Mrs. Wiggins image
  • Options
    In a half hour we have our tasting at the venue. It's kind of pointless since we've had their food before and already picked our menu selections (and put them on the response cards we've already sent in invites) but we figured that we are paying them enough money we can get our tasting. I'm looking forward to the yumminess. After that, studying for an exam. Fun.
  • Options
    Ohai.  I'm still in bed, sick again.

Today I plan on doing nothing, again. The weather is terrible and the outlook for this weekend is not looking great.  Please pray to the weather gods for me?!
  • Options
    SEWFSEWF member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tuesday-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:d17b0ccc-7fdd-44ae-8e05-c0a14af970f5Post:b0ff54ba-54ee-490c-be70-a4405bc7b62c">Re: Tuesday morning...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ohai.  I'm still in bed, sick again. Today I plan on doing nothing, again. The weather is terrible and the outlook for this weekend is not looking great.  Please pray to the weather gods for me?!
    Posted by aprilbride410[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I'll pray to the weather AND health gods for you!</div><div>
    </div><div>The weather here this weekend is supposed to be rainy and possibly stormy most of the weekend. Come on weather! It was sunny and 80 degrees here last weekend!</div>
    Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tuesday-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:d17b0ccc-7fdd-44ae-8e05-c0a14af970f5Post:1b121ff3-d45e-463d-ade6-7c8f3214ed3b">Re: Tuesday morning...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tuesday morning... : I'll pray to the weather AND health gods for you! The weather here this weekend is supposed to be rainy and possibly stormy most of the weekend. Come on weather! It was sunny and 80 degrees here last weekend!
    Posted by SEWF[/QUOTE]

<div>Same here! WTF?!</div>
  • Options
    Since this is under snarky brides, and for the first time in my life I will honestly say that if anyone wants to use that adjective to describe me by all means do. My tuesday morning has been almost as bad a my monday!  My FI has been driving me nuts about the guest list ( his family alone is 138 people) ( and my dad Just decided he wants nothing to do with our marriage or our futue) thats another story in itself.  So today at lunch my FI desides to bombard with my the possibility of finding another venue.... I ALREADY BOOKED OURS! and our wedding is in 6 months! UGH if I survive this planning process it will be a miracle.  Why is it so hard for him to not invite everyone he's known in his life!  Ugh I on the other hand have no problem uninviting people if they aren't important to our current life...thats become my motto, if I wouldn't invite them to dinner and buy their meal I'm not inviting them to my wedding and paying for their meal and their booze! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards