Snarky Brides
Options

Evening Ladies!

I have been outside all day. I made my fall decor outside and planted a bunch of stuff, I also cleaned out the summer plantings. 

Now, I'm eating chocolate covered pomegranates, and waiting on H to tell me when he wants me to order Mexican for dinner. I have a horrible headache, which I'm sure was brought on by dealing with hay and straw today.

How is your evening?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Evening Ladies!

• Options
    Hi KD.

Got back from MI like an hour ago. Perfect weather so I'm happy. Got a nasty sunburn though on my face from the football game yesterday.

Making dinner and getting ready to watch the Lions game. Reading too :)

Fall decorations look great! And I'd love to try a chocolate covered pomegranate.

PS. I spelled checked this because I was sure I spelled pomegranate wrong. Nope. I nailed it the first time. I did mis-spell chocolate though..wow :(
    June 16, 2012
  • Options
    KD, Love your decorations!
    We were going to do some work around the outside of the house today, but it ended up raining most of the day, even though we only had a 10% chance. I did get a couple indoor decorations though :o)

We're making Chicken Pot Pie for dinner and then just relaxing since DH has worked a lot of this weekend, and I've been working on orders as well. Heres to hoping there is something good on TV tonight. Any recommendations?
  • Options
    Evening!

I cracked a dental filling today.  So yeah, it's a frickin  yay of a day  ;)
    It doesn't hurt, and it's a filling that i got 20 years ago so I'm not really surprised or upset about it.  I'm shocked it lasted this long since it was freebie military dentists.  So tomorrow I get to try to find out if I can get an appt. at the dentist any time soon. I love my dentist but appts fill up months in advance and I don't think it's worth paying the emergency fee if I can get in by the 1st of Oct.    Anyone a dentist/know a dentist/married to a dentist?  I think I'll be good until then if I'm careful.  I'm not even sure that the actual filling spot is exposed.  Maybe it was just the edge of the filling that broke.

other than that I finished canning apple pie filling and am now vegging out on the couch and planning next weekend's hike.
  • Options
    Hey y'all. We are watching the end of the Steelers game and just finished eating Whataburger for dinner. KD I am so jealous of your decorations and your productivity. Acap- I'm jealous of your trip to MI and that you were I assume at the MI game yesterday. That's awesome. NCSU- I'm jealous of your chicken pot pie. That inspires me to try and make one this fall. I think my mom would love that. And, now that I'm jealous of all you, I have to remind myself that I have a beach trip to look forward to on Tuesday. It should be a good week.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Apple pie filling sounds delish.

I'm watching Buffy, contemplating taking a shower.

Acapone-I had to check the bag for the correct spelling of Pomegranate too.
  • Options
    Anna--ILs are dentists. I think you're good for a bit as long as it doesn't hurt you (or you can tolerate the pain).

Also you should give me your apple pie recipe. Pretty please and thank you!
    June 16, 2012
  • Options
    I had a nap, did more laundry and FI got the garage roof shingled. It poured rain just as he was finishing up - it was supposed to rain all weekend, but it held off, so he got a lot accomplished. Then we went to friends place for supper, they had butter chicken. DD, who would never even look at something like that at home, ate it without complaint. Figures!

Now I'm trying to not think about work, and focus on the other things. I might curl up with my book club book for an hour or so, then head to bed. I can't believe the weekend is over.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    That sucks, anna. Going to the dentist is such a PITA.

We are watching BE and enjoying spaghetti and meatballs. I managed to get my lesson plan done for the most part, so my reward is getting to edit my book for the rest of the night.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_evening-ladies-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:d406de91-edd0-4c7a-b75e-6971fe051c47Post:a90bda2a-b5d7-4250-9efc-18b68550aa88">Re: Evening Ladies!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Anna--ILs are dentists. I think you're good for a bit as long as it doesn't hurt you (or you can tolerate the pain). Also you should give me your apple pie recipe. Pretty please and thank you!
    Posted by acaponi87[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Nope, no pain at all.  I've just never had teeth problems (except cavities when I was little) and this makes me nervous.  I'm afraid to eat.  No doubt I'll have a pleasant tooth falling out dream tonight.  yuck.</div><div>
    </div><div>Apple pie filling is super simple: </div><div>
    </div><div>The syrup is 1-2 water and sugar (1C water, 1 C b. sugar, 1 C w. sugar) 1/8 tsp cloves, 1 tsp ginger, 1 T cinnamon, 1 tsp allspice.  If you're canning, just double, triple, or whatever.  Otherwise I throw cut apples in it until the apples are mostly glazed and there isn't a ton of syrup in the bottom of the pan.  Toss into a pie crust and you're good to go. Makes 2 big pies.</div>
  • Options
    acaponi87acaponi87 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited September 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_evening-ladies-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:d406de91-edd0-4c7a-b75e-6971fe051c47Post:abeaaeab-f93a-4afc-a5e4-8eb93f788196">Re: Evening Ladies!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evening Ladies! : Nope, no pain at all.  I've just never had teeth problems (except cavities when I was little) and this makes me nervous.  I'm afraid to eat.  No doubt I'll have a pleasant tooth falling out dream tonight.  yuck. Apple pie filling is super simple:  The syrup is 1-2 water and sugar (1C water, 1 C b. sugar, 1 C w. sugar) 1/8 tsp cloves, 1 tsp ginger, 1 T cinnamon, 1 tsp allspice.  If you're canning, just double, triple, or whatever.  Otherwise I throw cut apples in it until the apples are mostly glazed and there isn't a ton of syrup in the bottom of the pan.  Toss into a pie crust and you're good to go. Makes 2 big pies.
    Posted by anna.oskar[/QUOTE]

Sounds good. Thanks!
    June 16, 2012
  • Options
    That sounds good, Anna. My applie pie filling is different (the only three ingredients I can remember offhand are nutmeg, cinnamon, and lemon juice). I wonder what adding a dash or so of your spices would do.
  • Options
    mmmmm, apple pie.   You warm up the pie and I'll bring the vanilla ice cream.

We hiked this morning and got Nala into the reservoir for a swim, then smoked some chicken drumsticks and a meatloaf.  BTW, smoked meatloaf is delicious.  I canned 5 more pints of salsa, since I had a bunch of ripe tomatoes and peppers that I don't want to lose.  I also made 2 loaves of zucchini cheddar bread and zucchini risotto.  (I didn't know zucchini grows like a weed).

Now we're watching football and getting stuff ready for tomorrow.  I don't want Monday morning to come.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards