Snarky Brides
Options

AW- My dress is in, 2 months early!

Here's the dress I ended up buying-
I'm thinking very simple birdcage, with a gardenia in my hair.

Shame the model looks all "starving bride of Frankenstein!"

Re: AW- My dress is in, 2 months early!

• Options
    Very pretty dress.
    imageVacation
  • Options
    Beautiful.  LOVE the back.
  • Options
    Gorgeous dress.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Thank you!

The back is giving me nightmares about backfat! Came off steroids and have lost about 30 lbs, but have another 15 or so to go, which should be do-able in 4 months. :)

I originally wanted something similar to the Grace Kelly dress, but had a sneaking suspiscion the future Queen would feel the same, and she did (I won a $20 bet for that one). This one had the soft vintage feel I wanted, I hope it works when it's time for alterations! :)
  • Options
    I love the back of it!
  • Options
    That's a bitchin dress!!
    panther
  • Options
    gorgeous!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I like it! You don't see that silhouette very often.

Question: is the bodice angled to the right asymmetrically, or does it angle on the left side as well? I can't tell from the pics, which is why I'm curious.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Options
    Gorgeous dress!
  • Options
    Very pretty, congrats!
  • Options
    I think it is stunning!  I don't know about a birdcage though. I feel like all that dress requires a longer veil.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aw-my-dress-is-in-2-months-early?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:d4c1061a-5a01-4e3a-9df7-4663bf7b8d36Post:663db3ce-2cc2-44b4-80c2-a2696403b6ec">Re: AW- My dress is in, 2 months early!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I like it! You don't see that silhouette very often. Question: is the bodice angled to the right asymmetrically, or does it angle on the left side as well? I can't tell from the pics, which is why I'm curious.
    Posted by mehgank[/QUOTE]

It's symmetrical in the front. Kind of hard to see in the pics, but there's a band of lace there, and then it sort of sweeps across the hips. I actually think it looks better on me than on the model, because I HAVE hips! :)

The reason I'm thinking birdcage is that this a second wedding, and I'm not loving the idea of a full on veil this time around- also it would hide the back. Although if I don't lose the last of this weight, then maybe a long veil would be just the thing...
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aw-my-dress-is-in-2-months-early?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:d4c1061a-5a01-4e3a-9df7-4663bf7b8d36Post:9d9eaffd-5014-4ee8-b10c-cce2cd421564">Re: AW- My dress is in, 2 months early!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AW- My dress is in, 2 months early! : It's symmetrical in the front. Kind of hard to see in the pics, but there's a band of lace there, and then it sort of sweeps across the hips. I actually think it looks better on me than on the model, because I HAVE hips! :) The reason I'm thinking birdcage is that this a second wedding, and I'm not loving the idea of a full on veil this time around- also it would hide the back. <strong>Although if I don't lose the last of this weight, then maybe a long veil would be just the thing...</strong>
    Posted by Knittibell[/QUOTE]
     Oh, stop! I'm sure you will look beautiful. 
  • Options
    Very pretty!  Great pick.
  • Options
    This dress is beautiful!

After seeing pretty much nothing but strapless dresses (and I do like them), this is quite refreshing. Very classy (and that back is frickin` awesome!).
  • Options
    Thank you! I originally wanted something reminiscent of the Grace Kelly Dress. My e-ring is a sapphire, which I got before Kate got hers (long engagement), and everyone kept asking if I chose a sapphire because of that. I then won a $20 bet when Kate stepped out in the gd Grace Kelly dress! This had that feel for me, even though I usually am not a fan of sweetheart necklines, and the materiel is net, like tulle, but incredibly soft and comfortable. I do love the back, I just need to get mine in a bit better shape! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards