Snarky Brides

iPhone 4s or Droid Razzr Maxx?

I am up for a new phone for Verizon in a few weeks and I am trying to decide between these two phones. If you have one or the other, what do you like/dislike?

I use it mostly for the internet and taking/sending/posting pictures. Another HUGE thing I use on my current phone (a Droid X) is Google Reader. I am guessing it will be fine on the Razzr, but I am curious if anyone uses the app on an iPhone and how it works. I use it all the time when I am nursing, so it is importsnt for it to work well for my sanity.

TYIA!
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: iPhone 4s or Droid Razzr Maxx?

• Y I OughtaY I Oughta member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2012
    I love the Android system. I hated my iPhone 4 to the point I sold it to get an Android. I have the Samsung Note, so I can't speak for the Droid X specifically, just the Android system. I didn't like the exclusivity of the iPhone I also like the widgets I can use on the Android screens. If you read a lot you might want to take screen size into consideration. that's why I bought the Note. I read a lot on my phone and the bigger screen makes it much easier. ETA: oops, I mean Razzr Maxx not Droid x.
    20130105_202820-1_zps07580b43 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • LP11509LP11509 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited March 2012
    I don't know any experience or know anyone with a Droid Razzr, so I can't say anything about that phone specifically.  But I will say that the android that I had (LG Ally) started out ok, but turned into a POS.  Not that all androids will do that - H had an HTC Incredible and never had a single problem with it.

Now, H and I both have IPhone 4s's and we LOVE them.  The only thing that I actually liked better on my android was the setup of Gmail - it was much more user friendly than it is on the IPhone IMO. 

I haven't tired using Google reader, but I just took a quick look at the reviews of an app called Google Apps Browser that has Google reader, Google talk, FB, Twitter, Gmail, Google voice, etc all in one and it has fantastic reviews.  I may actually try it now to see if I like the Gmail format through that better than the actual Gmail app. 

ETA:  Sorry, I meant  to say that I don't like how gmail works with syncing though the IPhone.  It's not an Gmail app.
  • I have a Motorola droid right now, I HATE HATE HATE it. It was an awesome phone for about a year, now it takes forever to do anything (20-40 sec just to pull up the pic gallery!), half the time I take pics it doesn't save them, on screen keyboard never works right, i could go on and on.  I know others with android based phone and a lot of them say the same thing.  I up for a new phone tomorrow and can’t wait to get the iphone 4s!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • H has a Razr Maxx, and he LOVES it.  Absolutely loves it.  It's so fast, thanks to the 4G.  My biggest gripe about it is size (it's thin, but it's wide and long), and the speakers sort of suck.  But if you don't use the speakers a lot, it doesn't matter.  It's so much better than the original Droids (which is what he used to have and I have now).  If you don't have 4G available in your area or will soon though, it's a lot to spend because part of the reason it's so expensive is the 4G.

But if you do, that's something to keep in mind, because the iPhone doesn't have 4G.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Get the new droid with the improved battery life. It's better than the iPhone. Better screen, etc. 
  • I really like the battery life of the Droid, but while my current Droid X has been okay, iPhones just seem so much better. I despise he swype keyboard. I have small fingers and I still mis-type everything.

As for 4G, I don't get great 3G service on my current Droid, so I don't know if 4G will be that much better from home. When we are downtown, maybe, but since I seem to be at home more now, I don't know if 4G will the major factor.

I also just know the moment I sign the contract, Apple will announce the iPhone 5 and I will be pissed.
  • You can turn off the Swype keyboard and just use the regular keyboard. It's in the settings.
    20130105_202820-1_zps07580b43 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_iphone-4s-or-droid-razzr-maxx?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:d54df62e-0460-4502-82c6-50e30de99452Post:52159ca0-9d1c-4803-9dd0-cd756d0eeb16">Re: iPhone 4s or Droid Razzr Maxx?</a>:
    [QUOTE]You can turn off the Swype keyboard and just use the regular keyboard. It's in the settings.
    Posted by Y I Oughta[/QUOTE]

The same thing happens with the regular keyboard as well. :(
  • I could be wrong, but I think the people at the AT&T store said a new iPhone was coming out in August/September.

But, they were stupid so take that as you will. I didn't ask the people at the smart store because by then I'd already chosen the Samsung droid.
  • Hey Alli, I use google reader on my iPhone 4S and it works well. I don't have an app but I saved it to my home screen so I can click on it like an app (you can do that with any website, like TK for example ;-) ).. It's basically a mobile version that shows all of my feeds in order of most recently updated. I use it multiple times throughout the day, it's nice and like it. My only experience with driod is through H. He hates hates HATES HATES his droid and is counting down until the new iPhone comes out so he can get it. I love my iPhone and probably won't switch to any other type in the foreseeable future. I've been through two and it was ridiculously easy to switch everything over by just plugging it into the computer. Also, I have 4G but I have AT&T and I'm not sure how it works with Verizon.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Thanks Shay! Good to know!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards