Snarky Brides
Options

3 1/2 months to go and no venue

I booked our venue a year ago and it was perfect. I show horses and we decided on an out of town show grounds that I had dreamed of getting married at for years. I have just 3 1/2 months to go before our wedding and got the call that they are no longer able to host weddings. At first they said they would cover any costs that would incur because of having to find a new venue on such late notice. Now they are only going to give back my deposit and potentially pay for my invites which have come. I am so pissed off and I just needed to vent.

Re: 3 1/2 months to go and no venue

• Options
    Did you get it in writing when they said they would cover any costs of getting a new venue?
  • Options
    I'm really sorry to hear that.

Did you have a clause in your contract about cancellation due to their own issues?  They shouldn't be able to say they're going to reimburse you for any loss of money due to their problems, and then take that back.  You should really check over your contract and make sure you're getting what you're entitled to.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    Well that sucks. It's good that you'll be getting the deposit back and your invites reimbursed though.

Have you started looking for other venues? I would start calling or visiting places immediately. If you don't have many OOT guests, is it possible you'd consider pushing your wedding date back if needed?
  • Options
    That really sucks. Check your contract. Hopefully you'll be able to find something
    imageimage
  • Options
    If they won't honor the contract (assuming there was one) it is possible to find a new venue in that time frame.  We severed ties with our venue 4 months before the wedding because they refused to give us the final cost and wouldn't itemize everything.  We had to do a lot of research and calling but we did find a wonderful venue that turned out to be even better than the original.  Good luck!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options

Something will come up and it'll be great. My original venue had my deposit for a year and called me back in march saying they just realized it was double booked. Luckily, the country club right by where I work was open on my date, and everyone at work just RAVES about it. You'll find something that'll be "meant to be". Check out local hotels and the like. Someone will have something open.

• Options
    WOW I'm so so sorry.
    BUT, fact is it's time to get that ball rolling!
    Google parks in your area. Most state/city run parks have buildings perfect for hosting events and because they are state owned they are EXTREMELY reasonable. We're getting married at a cruise terminal that costs us 100bucks an hour (or 1g for the whole day) and it over looks water and mountains. It's incredible. i'm sure you will get just as lucky.
    BEST of luck with your venue search! You'll make it happen :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards