Snarky Brides

Is this stupid?

So I need to send my STD's out soon.  We are taking our engagement pics next week.

So I found these really cute magnets that I want to order, but I also want to order STD postcards with our engagement pics on them.

I would order just the magnets with our pics on them but they are super expensive since I have to get them through my photographer. 

Is it stupid to do both or is this common??
045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
BabyFruit Ticker
DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!

Re: Is this stupid?

• CellesCelles member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited May 2010

Yes.

If you really want postcards and magnets, then I suppose you could put them together in a single envelope, but I think two separate mailings would be over the top.

• I know plenty of people who have done both.  Just send them out together.  Just make sure its really worth the cost to have glossy pictures AND a magnet. 
  • I should have clarified that.  I would send them in one mailing!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I don't think its stupid. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm confuzzled.

So you'd send a magnet... AND a postcard with pictures?  As in, cute magnet, and separate photos?

Girlfriend I think you're gorg and all, but I vote either one or the other and save yourself some money, cause sad but true, people will only keep that stuff till the wedding, then toss it.
  • I am doing something similar.  Our STD has pictures on it but I want some of our family to also have a keepsake so I am sending them extra.  Only doing one mailing.  Just remember the heavier your envelope is the more it will be.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_this-stupid?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:dc4ecde8-d19d-48b2-88b0-1f0ee31d8ce7Post:bf0f8302-91c6-473f-9a18-aadbec6f7a74">Re: Is this stupid?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm confuzzled. So you'd send a magnet... AND a postcard with pictures?  As in, cute magnet, and separate photos? Girlfriend I think you're gorg and all, but I vote either one or the other and save yourself some money, cause sad but true, people will only keep that stuff till the wedding, then toss it.
    Posted by jennylove810[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  It sounds like overkill to me.  Also, when I get a STD or invite, I put the information on my calendar and then toss the STD/invite.  I'd bet a million dollars I'm not the only one who does this.

If you want to do it, go ahead, it just sound like a bit much to me, and not worth your money.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_this-stupid?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:dc4ecde8-d19d-48b2-88b0-1f0ee31d8ce7Post:bf0f8302-91c6-473f-9a18-aadbec6f7a74">Re: Is this stupid?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm confuzzled. So you'd send a magnet... AND a postcard with pictures?  As in, cute magnet, and separate photos? Girlfriend I think you're gorg and all, but I vote either one or the other and save yourself some money, cause sad but true, people will only keep that stuff till the wedding, then toss it.
    Posted by jennylove810[/QUOTE]

Lol, yeah Im thinking of just doing the post card thing with the photos and all the info.  I was just afraid that since its not a magnet, people would lose it.

I think im just being silly.  People will get it, write the date down, and toss it, right?

Classic over-analyzing on my part.  Thanks for the insight girls.  I definitely dont want to be an AW by sending too much, lol
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • When you get your e-pics, definitely have *some* printed for grandparents and whatnot.

For weeks and weeks, my grandma had some weird picture of Josh & I at our engagement party on her fridge, he was chomping on some kind of appetizer and I was mid-word.  It was awkward and ugly.  I replaced it with the one below lol.

• If you really, really want to send both there is nothing wrong with it, but I agree with the PP who said people will toss that stuff after the wedding... Sensible thing is to save money and send just one thing.
  • I say just save your money and send either the postcard or the magnet, especially if the magnets you want are expensive. I will say, however, that I'm kind of a magnet whore (I always need them) so I keep magnet STDs because they're useful!
  • Have you checked alternate vendors for the magnets?  I've seen a photo magnet and they are pretty cool, maybe you can find them for a lower price...

Enjoy!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If it's really what you want to do then don't worry if anyone else thinks it's stupid.
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited May 2010
    I really like the magnet idea...I always use magnets!  Heck, I got sent a STD magnet accidentally for a stranger's wedding, and I still used it...it didn't have their picture on it, so I hope that takes the creepy down a notch. 

Just print out some nice e-pics to give to family--they're the ones who will really hang on to that kind of a thing.

ETA:  sorry, didn't see this was resolved 2 days ago.  My bad. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards