Snarky Brides
Options

Hey Newbies come in here!

There's a lot of you lately, let's all say hi and sing kumbaya. 

Your name? FI's name?

When/how did you meet?

Favorite color?

When's the wedding? details?

Re: Hey Newbies come in here!

• Options
    While you're at it ask Y I Oughta why she looks depressed in her sig pic?

Kthax.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Your name? FI's name? Whitney and Robert
    When/how did you meet? School
    Favorite color? pink and lime green
    When's the wedding? Sept. 25th 2011
    No Amount Of Distance Can Seperate The HeartPhotobucketWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_hey-newbies-come-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:dc5dd70b-3a08-46df-a9b8-7a8ff64dc285Post:c09ecdad-a39b-40c4-b4cc-8a6084d112f7">Re: Hey Newbies come in here!</a>:
    [QUOTE]While you're at it ask Y I Oughta why she looks depressed in her sig pic? Kthax.
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    My name - Kristen
    FI - Morgan
    We met in high school, but didnt start dating until we were 21 & 25
    Fav color - Pink and Yellow
    Wedding date - 5/21
    Details - colors are pink and black, outside, late evening...

and while we're figuring out why Y I Oughta looks like someone pissed in her cheerios, can we let her know her strap is falling down?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Jessica and Jeffery
    Ha! His stepbrother was my boyfriend in 6th grade and we met at  his (boyfriend) birthday party.
    Im a pink girl. Mainly because most girls dont like it.
    May 9 2009. Im a married hag :)

It is true that pit bulls grab and hold on. But what they most
    often grab and refuse to let go of is your heart

imageimage
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_hey-newbies-come-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:dc5dd70b-3a08-46df-a9b8-7a8ff64dc285Post:3fb7d1ae-c3a6-4ef8-af6e-c2dd25ebe2ed">Re: Hey Newbies come in here!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hey Newbies come in here! : we used the would-be DJ money on food upgrades.  SO we had amazing food.
    Posted by Steph0871[/QUOTE]

Fi (and his family) are big foodie people, so I'm sure we'll end up spending a good chunk on making sure we have top notch food. And LOTS of it. He's already all excited about going out for tastings.

And a funny thing, I'm sure most brides would cringe at this, the cake is all on his shoulders. Just as he won't see my dress 'til the day of the wedding, I won't have a clue what the cake is or looks like 'til that day either. But since he loves his sweets, and we've got almost identical tastes in how things should look, I totally trust him.
  • Options
    DodgersBrideDodgersBride member
    First Comment
    edited November 2010

I don't think I answered any questions when I first started posting.

Your name? FI's name?

Stacy& Alfonso

When/how did you meet?
    Work. We both work for the same company but started dating once he left and became my competitor

Favorite color?
    Black

When we first got engaged we knew we wanted a long engagement so we set out for June 2012. Just yesterday I told FI I am picturing a Fall wedding. So I don't know if I should move it up to Fall 2011 or push back to Fall 2012.

We really want to be married at our favorite MLB team stadium. That's the plan and goal for now. If not possible we will incorporate baseball some how.
  • Options
    I've been around, not so much lately, but around. So, I guess this is my re-introduction?
    Your name? FI's name?
    Connie and Bryan
    When/how did you meet? At work, 2004. We started dating 1/1/05.
    Favorite color?  Purple and lime green (which are also our wedding colors)
    When's the wedding? details? 3/19/11. It's at our favorite hotel in Philly, and will have a vintage/mod sort of feel, but our theme is spring. I don't know how we got that all to mesh, but so far, so good. Smile
    Wuppikins loves you!

"Hater-ade is full of disrespectrolytes" - Mehg
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_hey-newbies-come-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:dc5dd70b-3a08-46df-a9b8-7a8ff64dc285Post:b0640502-aa70-4753-ba7b-028907dd1614">Re: Hey Newbies come in here!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hey Newbies come in here! : Hello there!  I'm from the Cincinnati area, too--it's nice to see some other people from southwest Ohio.  (And my colors are pink and lime, too, so I'm glad to hear that)
    Posted by saxy414[/QUOTE]

I am from Kentucky.l0l. I don't know how it is Cincy, but it's ok. :) I have family from Ohio. Nice state, although they do call us Kentuckians hillbillies. Don't mind though I think it's funny. They have been my fav colors for as long as I remember. :)
  • Options
    Your name? FI's name?
    Libby and John

When/how did you meet?
    I was a social work intern at the school he works at. 
    Favorite color?
    Yellow

Date: September 3, 2011
    Colors: Grey and Yellow
    Celebrating with 300 of our nearest and dearest.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Your name? FI's name?  Hilary & Zack

When/how did you meet?  We met in 2004 through a mutual friend.

Favorite color?  green

When's the wedding? details?  I got married in July 2009.  Embarassed
  • Options
    I've been on here, but not very active until a couple days ago (I just figured out how addicting the boards are!)

Stacey and Terry
    We met at college - my roommate and his roommate were friends.
    Don't have a favorite color but the wedding colors are plum, lime, with pink accent.
    Wedding is 8/6/11 in Upstate NY.  Church ceremony and reception under a tent.  Should be a good time, if I don't stress myself out too much with the planning part Undecided
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Puppy Love
  • Options
    Your Name?FI's Name?
    Reilly and Levis

When/how did you meet? 
    At college in 2000. We both relocated to a different city 7 years later, met up, and have been together ever since

Favorite color?  
    White

When's the wedding? Details?
    June 25, 2011
    Our colors are apple green, chocolate brown, cream, with a little bit of gold. Our wedding is going to be in the rocky mountains so we are going with a spring/leafy/outdoors kind of theme/decor.

• Options
    Your name? FI's name?
    Lindsay & Josh
    When/how did you meet?
    We met on eHarmony. We are both pretty shy when we first meet people and both work in professions where we don't meet very many people of the opposite sex.
    Favorite color?
    Purple and orange.
    7/23/11. It's already too big, but my parents are paying, so I can't complain! (too much)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_hey-newbies-come-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:dc5dd70b-3a08-46df-a9b8-7a8ff64dc285Post:2b5c4d70-8f10-4946-b3a5-331ee53a080c">Re: Hey Newbies come in here!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hey Newbies come in here! : I love your sig pic.  I need to make the time to add one this weekend. 
    Posted by Kat Eyes[/QUOTE]

Thanks!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_hey-newbies-come-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:dc5dd70b-3a08-46df-a9b8-7a8ff64dc285Post:5eeb63a2-3e0b-4823-a55b-0e560a78c1f1">Re: Hey Newbies come in here!</a>:
    [QUOTE]truegirl, where in Kentucky? FI grew up in Union.
    Posted by ILoveMilkDuds[/QUOTE]

I am from Paris. Next to Lexington. I have never heard of Union. Hmm. Is it northern southern?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_hey-newbies-come-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:dc5dd70b-3a08-46df-a9b8-7a8ff64dc285Post:d48327d1-11ee-4861-87b7-7277b2ba5438">Re: Hey Newbies come in here!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hey Newbies come in here! : I am from Paris. Next to Lexington. I have never heard of Union. Hmm. Is it northern southern?
    Posted by truegirl89[/QUOTE]

Ah, Paris, Ky. Louisville represent over here!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Oh, ok. That might be why I don't know it.

Louisville. A little bigger than what I am use to. :)
  • Options
    I'm not a newbie but I'll play :)

Your name? PsyDet FI's name? Ginger
    When/how did you meet? My sister introduced us.  She saw him at a party, called me, and made us talk to each other.  We met the next day and have been together ever since.

Favorite color? Hot pink

When's the wedding? details?  10/1/11
    Updated 1/17/11 imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Psy - My FI's red headed too!!!!!! (pardon me, I'm a bit hyper)

Mrs. Wiggins image
  • Options
    My name - Rachel
    FI - Patrick
    We met in high school, went out for about a year, broke up went to college but always stayed in touch... got back together after almost 10 years
    Fav color - purple and green(also our wedding colors!)
    Wedding date - 11/6/11 (also our anniversary from HS)
    Details - planning from out of state has been difficult, cant wait to get back to NJ to finish up.
  • Options
    Your name? FI's name? Mindy & Joe
    When/how did you meet? We met in 2006 when we worked together.
    Favorite color? Pink or Purple When's the wedding? details?May 21, colors are black & white with pink, flower details. 
  • Options
    MarriedInAFever, I await your summons.
  • Options
    ILoveMilkDuds, have you hit the freak out button yet? Every day TK reminds me that 12-11-10 is perilously close but I have managed to stay calm. For now.
  • Options
    Your name? FI's name?
    I am Vicki, FI is Jordan

When/how did you meet?
    We met our last semester at college (close one!)

Favorite color?
    orange

9/10/11 colors are teal blue and bright yellow, we have no bridal party except for flower girls, and we have a cat named Gray.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    snwilson0416snwilson0416 member
    First Comment
    edited November 2010
    Your name? FI's name?Sarah and Pat
    When/how did you meet?Met briefly in Fall 2008. My best friend had a thing for his roommate so we hung out at their apt sometimes. We talked a lot at a Christmas party later but I was in a relationship with someone else. We actually got together in February of 09.
    Favorite color?Greens and blues
    When's the wedding? details?June of 2012. We want to get married shortly after I graduate. Catholic wedding. Probably some kind of ocean theme, we're thinking. That's about all we have so far...
  • Options
    Your name? FI's name? Cockface and Cuntmonkey (but I'm not telling you which one is which)

When/how did you meet? He was being beat into this gang I was in. He really knew how to take a knee to the head. It was love at first sight.

Favorite color? Clear

When's the wedding? details? 13/13/13. Lots of blood. And fake donkeys. And it will take place on a pirate ship.
  • Options
    I'm not really a newb anymore but I just recently started posting on this board so I want to participate!

Your name? FI's name?
    I'm Bri and he is Josh.

When/how did you meet?I dated his college roommate for 6 months and we became best friends.  His roommate was a douche and after our breakup I gradually fell for fi (he had crushed on me the whole time but I had no idea).

Favorite color?Pink. 

July 7, 2012.  We have the reception venue booked (its a huge barn and I'm in love!) and our colors will be pink and brown.  We are thinking about 150 guests.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_hey-newbies-come-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:dc5dd70b-3a08-46df-a9b8-7a8ff64dc285Post:c09ecdad-a39b-40c4-b4cc-8a6084d112f7">Re: Hey Newbies come in here!</a>:
    [QUOTE]While you're at it ask Y I Oughta why she looks depressed in her sig pic? Kthax.
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]

Wow, I've been hearing this all day in different threads.

Explanation: I didn't know that my kid was taking the picture. Is it really that bad. It was the only one that came out with most of the dress in it. I was contemplating what I wanted to do with the strap and sash, which is still an undecided matter.

Is the strap really that bad?
    20130105_202820-1_zps07580b43 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    There are some very awkward/unattractive pictures of me trying on dresses that my niece took when I wasn't paying attention.  I didn't make any of those pictures my sig.

Edit:  Not that your picture is unattractive, I just don't understand why you look like you are one centimeter of strap slippage away from a breakdown.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards