July 2012 Weddings
Options

Feeling a little disappointed about my shower

Don't get me wrong, I am so glad my MOH offered to throw a shower in her home and went out her way to make it special. I just wished we knew ahead of time that our date was also graduation. About 60% of my guests had to attend a graduation. And 4 girls that said they were coming didn't show up for various reasons.

I had a good time and focused on the people that were there. My cell phone completely died so I didn't take any pictures and I'm still waiting for my friends to e-mail me pictures. I received great gifts and we played two games. It was nice and I"m happy. Just wish we picked a different date.
Wedding date July 7, 2012

Re: Feeling a little disappointed about my shower

• Options

Aww, sorry you are a little bummed, but it sounds like it was nice anyway! What games did you play? I remember you asking for ideas, so I'm curious what you ended up doing!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We played  "How well do you know the bride" and "Pictionary" with bridal themes.
    Wedding date July 7, 2012
  • Options
    Yeah, this time of year is so busy for everyone- with the start of 'wedding season' and graduations, ect. I think you had the right attitude of just having fun with the people who were there. I'm sure everyone who had to miss it were bummed out.

Anxiously awaiting baby #1! Baby BOY Due: May 30, 2013! Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    I know what you mean, some of my friends and one of my BMs couldn't make it to my shower due to traveling to see their mom for mother's day. Unfortunately, once you hit summertime, people are always going to haev stuff going on. A few of my girlfriends have to go to weddings the weekend of my bachelorette party in June, as well. Just be grateful for the friends who were there, glad you had a good time despite some absences!
  • Options
    I understand your disappointment! It's also a little frustrating when there are multiple events happening on one weekend, but as PP, there are so many things happening in the spring/summer.  I was lucky at my shower to have all of my BMs attend, but 2 of them can't make my bachelorette party in June.  
    imageAnniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards