July 2012 Weddings
Options

How did you decide on your date?

With the previous post about Sunday weddings...it got me thinking how everyone decided to be a July 2012 bride. :)   I picked my date because it's our dating anniversary, but how did everyone else pick their dates?

Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview

Re: How did you decide on your date?

• Options
    We had our original wedding July 14th, 2009.  Then we realized what the price difference would be if we changed our vow renewal date to July 13th, 2012 (a Friday).  Lo and behold, our date. :)
    BabyFruit Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker Our Bio Bridesmaid Dresses July 2012 November Siggy: Bridesmaid Dresses!
  • Options
    Honestly, we just randomly picked it. I wanted an April wedding, he wanted September. I have a daughter from a previous marriage, and it would just work best if we had gotten married when she will be on school vacation, so that would leave us with February, April or the summer. 

So, we figured June is the busiest wedding month, so we avoided that. August just seemed so far away, so we decided to go with July. And then we just looked at the calendar and randomly picked the 7th. 

At least it'll have meaning afterwards ;)
    Krystle, marrying the love of my life, Matthew!!! image
  • Options
    We wanted a summer wedding after we finished our undergrad. We wanted enough time between our grad and our wedding where it wasn't too close so May and June were out. August is too hot where we planned on having the wedding. I'm convinced FI chose 7/7/12 because it's easy to remember.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I chose July 21st because thats the day my fiance proposed to me :)...plus I live in Michigan sooo a lot of the months are unpredictable except for July

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We  (and by we I mean I) chose July 21st because its our dating anniversary. I always told him if we got married it would be on July 21st (of w/e year) and it just so happened that exactly 1.5 years from thye day he proposed was this date. Worked out pretty good, since in 2012 it falls on a Sat.  so I guess it was meant to be.
    . Anniversary aandt image
  • Options
    bstentbstent member
    First Comment
    My mom and my older sister (one of my MOH's, younger sister is the other one) are both teachers, and a lot of the other important people are in university, so knew we wanted summer. Initially I was very flexible with dates but things got complicated! The family friend who is making the cake will be out of the country til middle of July, and another couple who has been like second parents to me will be leaving the country early August, so we were down to the last two weekends in July. July 28 was available so there ya go!
  • Options
    My Fiance is in the Navy, while the date is still up in the air....we thought being around a holiday weekend would mean more than likely it would be easy to get time off. Hence July 7th.

Photobucket
  • Options
    I wanted January, FI wanted summer...The weather is unpredictable in MI, especially during the winter.  So, FI won...and I came around to the idea of a summer wedding..like other ppl...June is busy with graduation parties and other weddings...so we though July would be best.
  • Options
    Fi wanted a fall wedding, I wanted a summer wedding since I am a teacher.  After listing the pros and cons of each, we decided a summer wedding made more sense for us.

We count July 4th as our dating anniversary, but we knew we wanted a weekend wedding, and though some of our family usually travels around the 4th, so we pushed it back. 

We also figured a wedding right in the middle of the summer gives me a few weeks before it to wrap up small details (while I am on summer vacation) and enough time for a honeymoon afterward.  We finally decided on to temporarily say July 14th, but our venue was booked for that date, so we went with July 21st. 

Since then, everything else has fallen into place, and we know from now on the day will be very meaningful for us no matter where it came from in the first place!

Anniversary
  • Options
    Y5fed30Y5fed30 member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_did-decide-date?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:1228b893-c577-4d47-9599-f500b399cefdPost:725fb4c1-de92-4ab3-9647-d6537e27701a">How did you decide on your date?</a>:
    [QUOTE]With the previous post about Sunday weddings...it got me thinking how everyone decided to be a July 2012 bride. :)   I picked my date because it's our dating anniversary, but how did everyone else pick their dates?
    Posted by AllyG303[/QUOTE]

We wanted a beach wedding. We are always busy in June  so we went with July.
  • Options
    My FI & I had orginally wanted to get married in October but when we found out that Sept & Oct were the most expensive months at the reception site we were looking at, we decided to try July, July 14th to be exact bc that is our dating anniversary and turns out that it was available and cheaper (not by much but id rather get married in July =] ) so we will be married on our 6 year anniversary =] <3
  • Options
    We wanted April or May but the venue we chose didn't have any Saturdays available. The first Saturday available was July 21st so that's what we chose. lol...not very romantic, I know.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We were originally going to get married December 29, 2012, but we both knew we wanted it sooner and FI wanted a summer wedding (I was partial to late summer or early fall) and May and June are just to busy with other events and August just didn't feel right. We originally set the date for July 21 but our reception venue was booked and I loved it so much that we moved to the 14th. Its not too romantic how we picked it, but like a PP said, it will become a very special date in our lives.
  • Options
    We orginially had Labor Day weekend of this year, but when we started trying to book venue almost everything was taken. So, we talked about it and since my brother had just gotten married we thought that it would be better to let my parents recooperate from my brother's wedding for my wedding and it let us and his parents save some money also. I always wanted a summer wedding so since I came to a compromise with my FI and we came to July 28, 2012. After 11 years of dating I can't wait to marry my BFF and it seems like it is taking forever!! :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    The same! ;-) I wasn't really sure how to pick a date either but now it really depends upon when the venues are available I guess! Wedding dates are SUBJECT TO CHANGE hahahaha ;-)
  • Options
    I originally wanted either late spring (May or June) or early fall (August or September). But FI will hopefully be teaching, subbing if not, so we needed something when he has time off, which gave us half-way through June to half way through August. August is always so hot and humid in MI, and June would be busy with family graduations and parties, so we decided on July. And the later you get into July, the hotter it usually gets here, so we went with 7/7. And like avsfan, we tease FI that he'll always be able to remember 7/7! So not very romantic or meaningful, yet, but it works for everyone involved.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    My FI is in graduate school, and only gets a 2 week summer break, and cannot really take off days during his school year. We set the date as soon as we found out exactly when his 2012 summer break would be. We lucked out because our venue of choice was still available that day (they were already getting booked up for most of the summer)!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Nati05Nati05 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_did-decide-date?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:1228b893-c577-4d47-9599-f500b399cefdPost:7baf0aa3-cc28-4321-b190-c7a0e5c641bd">Re: How did you decide on your date?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We wanted a summer wedding after we finished our undergrad. We wanted enough time between our grad and our wedding where it wasn't too close so May and June were out. August is too hot where we planned on having the wedding.<strong> I'm convinced FI chose 7/7/12 because it's easy to remember.
    </strong>Posted by avsfan33[/QUOTE]

Hahahaha! Well I  guess that's a plus!

I guess it's a bit overdone but we chose our date because of our anniversary as well. I hate having more than one date too. Our dating anniversary is 7/22 however, but it's not a Sat and Sun weddings don't exist around here. Anyway we don't mind, just as long as it's relatively close to our date, it's no big. I guess once we're married we'll start celebrating our anniversary as a 2 day event hahaha ;-)
  • Options
    We were originally going to do 3/31/12 since it's our original anny, but since March is unpredictable weather in Kentucky (the year we met it was 80, this year it snowed and was gross and cold) and that weekend is the Final Four, we decided to rethink it.
    I wanted a fall wedding but our football teams do not have a bye week that lines up correctly for us to have it. 
    Moving it back a few months allows us to save up some more money (which is good) and we're having it in the driest month, and it's in between both our birthdays (his is June and mine is July 30)  

Welp, we're July 14th, 2012!
    Follow Me on Pinterest Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_did-decide-date?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:1228b893-c577-4d47-9599-f500b399cefdPost:10f2f9c2-5f59-451f-bca1-8bdb6ae457c4">Re: How did you decide on your date?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We were originally going to do 3/31/12 since it's our original anny, but since March is unpredictable weather in Kentucky (the year we met it was 80, this year it snowed and was gross and cold) and that weekend is the Final Four, we decided to rethink it. <strong>I wanted a fall wedding but our football teams do not have a bye week that lines up correctly for us to have it</strong>.  Moving it back a few months allows us to save up some more money (which is good) and we're having it in the driest month, and it's in between both our birthdays (his is June and mine is July 30)   Welp, we're July 14th, 2012!
    Posted by KimC1983[/QUOTE]

Hahaha this made me laugh as I was reading it.  Fall weddings are a huge no-no in our family for this reason
    Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
  • Options
    My man has awful short term memory loss. So since both our birthdays are already on the 29th of different months, I figured if we got married on a 29th he'll never forget our anniversary. He got so gun-ho bout the idea (we talked about it pre-engagement) that he planned our proposal on a 29th too. That's what definitely solidified it.

July is between both our birthdays and soon after he graduates so we figured july 29th 2012 was perfect. :-)
  • Options
    I wanted to do our original anniversary date which is december 28th but A. i DESPISE winter. B. it's too close to the hollidays for our liking and C. I wanted a summer wedding ha ha.
    WE were originally going to do may 28th but FI's sister graduates highschool next may and we felt like that was too much pressure of FI's family to have 2 weeks worth of big events... so we settled on july 28th 2012!!

Photobucket Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Like many here, I too am a teacher.  That narrowed it down to summer.  My Fiance has three amazing teenagers from a previous marriage who are with us 100% of the time, so the idea of a honeymoon became a concern for me.  I will want private time with my new hubby but I don't want the kids to feel like they're missing out on anything fun while someone stays with them to oversee daily to-dos while we're away.  They all go to sleepaway summer camp for the same two weeks each summer, so we chose the weekend before that to get married!  Then we'll have a few days to pack them up, take them to camp, then enjoy our new marriage.
  • Options
    We chose our date first because I'm a teacher and I know I couldn't plan a wedding in the middle of the school year, so it was always going to be in the summer. When we first got together in 2008 we always said 2012...I like even numbers (I'm a math teacher, go figure...LoL). When we finally decided it was time....I picked the month (July) and he picked the date (28th). It's totally us to each pick something. We are very much a team and we make it a point to always be.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards