Snarky Brides
Options

Registry scam, everyone be careful!

Hey there everyone. So, this weekend I went to the local bridal show and there were thousands of girls there. I signed up for some of the drawings and lists and things from vendors there and I don't know who it was (I am reading a lot about David's Bridal being the culprit) but I got a call today saying that I won one of the drawings from the show Sunday. I looked the number up online and discovered that it was a total SCAM! I was smart enough not to give her any of my personal information (who knows how much she had already!) but they will tell you that you won a 3 day 2 night vacation for 2 and a $1,000 gift card and all you have to do is attend this hour long seminar- no purchase necessary. Be careful girls, there are people out there buying your information from other places and using it in hopes that you are stupid. Good luck!

Check out the number that called me: http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-631-470-5786
Nov 2010 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Fictional Couple
Photobucket
image 282 Invited
image 198 Making the Party!
image 56 Staying at home :(
image 28 Slow-pokes
RSVP Date: November 5, 2010
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Registry scam, everyone be careful!

• Options
    Yup it's David's Bridal. I got the same call.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Options
    I attended a Bridal show last year and got the same type of phone calls for weeks after!! My friend went to one this year and is now getting the same calls!! My calls were not from David's though. They were from a place called Pink Apron Bridal Preview! Makes me wish I didn't enter all those drawings! Definately a ploy to get any info on you that they can!
  • Options
    I got that call too. I ignored it because I'm not an idiot. Hopefully no one is stupid enough to fall for that.
    planning

• Options
    What the fuuck?
  • Options
    I don't think falling for it makes you stupid, especially since the grand prize at most of those bridal shows is a free honeymoon.
  • Options
    i just got a call from them yesterday!!! said i won a 3 day 2 night vaction to some string of resorts. Got my name from a show that New England Brides put on. I was not able to go over to it but they said they got my name from the show and i got picked for a drawing.. my fiance is in afghanistan till dec so i told them we couldnt meet thme till jan. What should I do? They only info they asked for was his name. I was super excited and now i find this.. what should i do? 
  • Options
    FTW! Resurrect an old post and Heels reappears!
  • Options
    Holy shiit this thread is old.

Hi Heels!   :P
    imageimage
  • Options
    It's like this thread likes to come back every few months to say Hi!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards