Snarky Brides
Options

I want snarky opinions

Hi everyone. I have two questions I'm hoping you can help me with. 
1) My wedding is July 2nd. My reply card date deadline is June 2nd. We sent our invitations out 3 weeks ago, and so far we have only received 6 back. That's 6 / 110.  I'm so hurt. I guess people just aren't interested in coming. The only people to actually send them back so far have been my parents' friends and family. Not even my bridesmaids have put their card back, and you have to send it back because you have to select a meal option. I feel like people just don't care.
2)  One of the six cards we have received back was from my (single) female cousin. She included Jane and Guest. I texted her to ask if she was bringing her roomate and she said no, she hasn't found someone yet to bring. I wanted to know who she was bringing so I could make the approrpriate name tag (we're colour coding them based on meal selection.)So my cousin essentially said that she can't find anyone yet, and she may not be able to find someone, but we still are suppose to fork out $125 for a filet mignon meal for this guest who may or may not even be found by July 2nd. 
We're paying for this wedding ourselves and I want to write back how rude it is to include a +1 now that doesn't even exist. Essentially my cousin is just trying to scramble to find someone to bring.
My other cousin (not related to other cousin) who is my maid of honor said that this reply card cousin is really uncomfortable coming alone.. WTF?? Her sister and brothers are coming wihtout a date, what is the big deal??
Can I text her back I need a name or she can't bring "anyone". I think my cousin is being ridiclous - her "singleness" will stand out even more when there's an EMPTY chair beside her at the wedding.

Please ladies... Tell me if I'm being unreasonable...

Re: I want snarky opinions

• Options
    I already gave you my snarky opinion. You're over reacting. Be patient.
  • Options
    I'm also starting to get the impression you want us to yell at you.
  • Options
    You know, a lot of people hang out on both E and SB. And a bunch of people answered you over there. How many people have to tell you to be patient with the RSVPs and work things out with your cousin?
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • Options
    Why do your RSVP dates have to be a full month before the wedding?
  • Options
    em01092em01092 member
    First Comment
    I saw this over on E. You should put XP in your post to let others know it's a cross board post. 

1. I get why you feel this way, but people procrastinate. I don't, maybe you don't, but others do and as frustrating as that is we have to deal with it. If you don't hear back about 3ish days after the RSVP date, it is totally fine to call people up and ask. 

2. I agree with the PPs on the E board. If she cannot give you a name by June 2 give or take a few days, then just tell her you will put her down as single. You gave her the chance to bring a date and it's silly for her to scramble just to have someone there (this is why I did not give singles a + 1, as I did not want a bunch of strangers I don't know from Adam mooching food and booze, which would essentially be what your cousin's hypothetical date would be doing) . At this point, I'd just be going it alone. 

April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • Options
    Ohhhhh my fault. I didn't realize these boards had people read them both. I thought they were like independent websites. 

I do appreciate the answers I got on the other one, I just saw snarky, and want to jump on the opportunity to hear brutally honest opinions. 

• Options

045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
  • Options
    Sounds like it's pretty much been covered, but for question 1 just wanted to throw out that we got most of our RSVPs back in the last week (and 8-10 the couple days after the deadline).  It doesn't mean people don't care.  You will be fine, and in the worst case you will have to make some calls / send some emails.
    imageimage
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_want-snarky-opinions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:dfa3c3a5-8e11-40bd-a51b-54d6d3128642Post:e80e2154-9680-4e2e-8649-eb4f98c99e7d">Re: I want snarky opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

<div>You're funny. </div>
  • Options
    JA2003JA2003 member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_want-snarky-opinions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:dfa3c3a5-8e11-40bd-a51b-54d6d3128642Post:e21760da-5ef7-45df-b825-aa5e28535a5d">Re: I want snarky opinions</a>:
    [QUOTE]You might find some help with your question over on this thread: <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_2-questions-1-should-upset-2-am-bitch" rel='nofollow'>http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_2-questions-1-should-upset-2-am-bitch</a>
    Posted by september's bride[/QUOTE]

If this was faceook, I'd like this post. :D
    "We should get jersey's, 'cuz we make a good team." Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards