Snarky Brides

Nebb! Aren't you obsessed with 2012?

Not totally related, but FI and I just got done watching the movie.  He's convinced this is how the world will actually end (CA falling into the ocean, then DC, then tidal waves.)

I'm not sure what to think?

Discuss, please.  I'd like to be informed

Re: 2012

• How does Montana fair in this whole situation?
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    The movie is a hollywood action movie that greatly misleads people about what will ACTUALLY happen during 2012. While it was interesting, I dont think that is what will happen.

There are many possibilities, the caldera under yellowstone is one of them, polar shift is another. Change in mindset is another that is greatly ignored, because it isnt as shocking.

There is quite a lot of interesting reads here - http://www.2012supplies.com/what_is_2012/timewave_zero.html, you might also be interested in reading 2012 apocolypse which is quite an interesting book.

I dont think THAT is how its going to happen, there isnt going to be world wide chaos one day, but there is going to be things changing or happening that arent as drastic.
  • Jas- sorry, no one cares about Montana.  ;) 

All I know is at one point they talk about Wisconsin becoming the south pole when all the continents shift.  The big yellow South Pole star was right over my hometown.

Generally I feel pretty safe here in the midwest.  No hurricanes, not many tornadoes, no earthquakes.  So what if we get a few feet of snow at a time?

Africa seems to fair pretty well though.
  • NebbNebb member
    Some mountain on madagascar is the place to go during 2012, it is sufficiently above sealevel that you wont die. I dont want to go to madagascar though. I would rather ride it out here, though with the recent earthquake in montreal im not too confident about my area anymore.
  • My take on 2012 is that it will be the beginning of the end of the world as we know it. I don't think the actual earth will explode or anything. I think it will be more about a shift of consciousness that will involve a new cycle (for lack of a better term) in the evolution of the human mind and spirit.
  • Didn't they say pretty much the same thing about 2000? I really thought I was going to die that year. So much in fact, new years I sat in a corner and cried.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I hope nothing too bad happens in 2012... that's when I'm getting married lol! 
    Anniversary
  • I agree with Cew. I think it's more of an "end of the world as we know it" rather than an actual meltdown.  WHich, come to think of it, wouldn't be that bad. 

Now I have R.E.M. stuck in my hand. Damn.
  • The world has ended a lot. Like in 1666, 1996, 2000, 2006....

One article I read was written by a scientist who lined up the Mayan calendar through lunar/solar events, instead of going by the dates given by the Spanish priests. Turns out they were 200 years off. So the world might end in 2212 too ;)

That being said, I do think we need to adjust to a different climate. I know this year has been wacky in my area. Monster snow storms, then this summer was/is intense heat and draught. Freak wind storms (70 mph winds for 10 minutes then sunny skies) and an earthquake in DC. It is a bit strange I must admit.
  • NebbNebb member
    No, 2000 was supposed to be a technological disaster, not the end of the world. I hate that people judge 2012 without bothering to actually read anything about it. There are a lot of interesting statistics and information that goes into the ideas surrounding 2012.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_2012-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:e18d61da-64cd-43c8-8570-2947ae06b173Post:05df3eb4-bd6c-4340-be31-f6e24405f895">Re: 2012</a>:
    [QUOTE]No, 2000 was supposed to be a technological disaster, not the end of the world. I hate that people judge 2012 without bothering to actually read anything about it. There are a lot of interesting statistics and information that goes into the ideas surrounding 2012.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

One of my mom's clients still is getting rid of the things she hoarded for Y2K. Her city of residence has now issued her a citation...thing where she isn't allowed to have more than 6 yard sales a year because it got so out of control.

We actually got bit by the Y2k bug this year at my school. One day our grade program stopped working. No one can figure out why and I was digging through and go "Um, guys, the year on the program says 1910...that's not right is it?"
    Yeah, the programming didn't allow the roll over from 2009-2010 for some reason, set it for 1910 and the whole thing shut down. Good job programmers.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards