Snarky Brides

Silly things you're scared of

123457»

Re: Silly things you're scared of

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_silly-things-youre-scared-of?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e249419e-e2b9-469d-a885-da0edd58902aPost:df353f08-121d-4cba-96c6-23b45afe35f9">Re: Silly things you're scared of</a>:
    [QUOTE]When I was still running a staffing agency, I had a company that I had been trying to get as a client for about 2 years. I FINALLY got them to agree to meet with me. Their office front was pretty much all glass front. I got about 3 feet from the door and a fuuuucking pigeon swooped down and started attacking my head. The son of biiiiitch scratched up the top of my head and shiiiit right down the front of my suit. The entire office staff saw the whole thing. I walked out to my car and called in and said, "hi this is the woman that was just assaulted by the pigeon, I'm assuming you don't want to meet with someone covered in bird poop and bleeding from her forehead, so can we set up another meeting?" I was so freaking embarrassed when I had to go back for the actual meeting, but I did end up getting the contract. I like to think it's because I was an awesome sales rep, but likely it was because they watched me get shiiit on by bird. 
    Posted by dmiller9274[/QUOTE]

oh my freaking god. This is hilarious.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_silly-things-youre-scared-of?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e249419e-e2b9-469d-a885-da0edd58902aPost:957e78ce-04c4-4c3f-89be-04636eccb545">Re: Silly things you're scared of</a>:
    [QUOTE]When I was growing up I was really protective of my sisters - sometimes I still feel that way.  When they were old enough to start going to school and riding the bus with me I was always afraid for them that they'd miss their connecting bus after school, so I'd wait for them and always be praying they'd show up, lol. Now they are mostly grown up - I don't worry about my married sister much anymore, since her H takes care of her now.  My sis in college though, she is applying for dental school so I will be worried sick for her when she moves away.  My youngest sis who graduates high school next year, I'm always worried about her.  She's kind of naughty, lol.  Plus transportation is so dangerous where she lives. <strong> She has an escape hammer in her car in case she ends up in the lake</strong>, but yeah - that's not really consolation for me.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

WTF? Does she live near waterworld or something? I definately feel like I need an escape hammer in my truck now. That seems completely reasonable.
  • I won't walk into a  dark room, I'm afraid someone is waiting in there to kill me.  Also earwigs, it is the only creepy crawly that truely freaks me out.  Oh, and walking down stairs, I used to have a depth perception problem as a kid (depth perception has gotten better, but am still afraid).  Oh and the public restrooms mentioned earlier, as well as basements. Wow I'm scared of alot of things, I mever thought about all of them at once
  • I almost forgot, someone lurking under cars at night waiting to cut my acheles (sp) tendon.
  • bongebonge member
    First Comment
    I am afraid of plug ins. I get made fun of all the time but it is a paralyzing fear. I will not plug anything in or unplug anything in. I will not use something or wait till someone comes around to plug things in for me. I got electrecuted when i was 5 by a faulty plug. I have never forgot the feeling that came over me. 
    230 image Invited
    154 image Are ready to party
    56 image Missing out
    20 image Can't find the mailbox (tick tock)

RSVP Date: 6/1/2012
  • Nebb, your fear of locking the car doors isn't all that irrational.  I actually had someone try to climb in my backseat while I was at a redlight one time because he thought my friend in the passenger seat was cute.  I got the door locked just in time, but if it happened now (in my no-automatic-anything car) he would've gotten in.
  • Porto Potties, a combination of nastiness and claustrophobia, all wrappe dinto one little blue shed!
  • I have to go to sleep with my closet door closed.  I don't really think the boogey man is in there or anything, but I've seen too many horror movies.  No thank you.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_silly-things-youre-scared-of?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:e249419e-e2b9-469d-a885-da0edd58902aPost:ce82d951-76aa-4c0b-8b95-c714fb9ef8db">Re: Silly things you're scared of</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't like lakes.  I can deal with the ocean IF it's clear and I can see everything around me.  I saw a movie once about some sort of killer octopus or some creature that lived in the lake so hanging in a lake terrifies me.  I'm always scared a fish is going to bite my toe or some other creature is going to get me.  ::shudder:: I'm also constantly worried that are dogs are going to get out of the yard and get run over.  But that's at least semi-rational.
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

This. I got nipped by a turtle in the lake last summer and I bolted out like I had jaws on my ass. My sweet girl and her fam thought it was hysterical, but I refused to put more then my toes in for the rest of the day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards