Snarky Brides

Annoyances

Whats annoying you?

We have War of 1812 Bicentennial events going on all  year and I just found out about this HUGE one in June, theres 50 military bands, a BEARD competition, all sorts of events and tons of fun stuff going on. My friends freaking wedding is that day so I cant go. My other friends wedding falls on May24 weekend here (which is planting weekend and when I go buy my tomatoes) so im going to have to order my tomatoes in advance and pick them up during the week and it wont be the SAME! Stupid inconvenient weddings :(

Another one. Adam gets all weird about things being "stale" - he bought himself a new box of granola bars this weekend and started eating them even though he still has some left over from the last box which he has deemed as stale. I saw them lying outside of the new box so I stuffed them in so he cant distinguish which is which. He is so wasteful once he decides something is stale.

Re: Annoyances

• Currently, the smell in my office is annoying me.  It's throughout the entire building and it smells like ass.  Lovely. 
  • I'm annoyed with not being able to wear eye makeup.  Okay, yes, that is stupid.  But I look like a total weirdo without it and I was told by one person that I look like a 13 year old girl.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • SEWFSEWF member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    TK IT is annoying, but that's nothing new.

My arm hurts really bad right now. I don't know if I slept on it weird or what, but everything between my neck and my elbow just aches.
    Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I second TK being annoying.  Enough is enough with this shiit.  You cant figure out how to not delete posts, but I still cant curse here?  Balls.

045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_annoyances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e4e18a3c-b28f-4af0-afa0-71dcb8a1254dPost:31b68641-a8bc-40ac-bb80-fb047c81d0c6">Re: Annoyances</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm annoyed with not being able to wear eye makeup.  Okay, yes, that is stupid.  But I look like a total weirdo without it and I was told by one person that I look like a 13 year old girl.
    Posted by shaydenise[/QUOTE]

Dude, I hated that too!  Call me completely stupid but Kim Kardashian applied eye makeup the day after her lasik, and since everything you see on the Kardashian shows is COMPLETELY TRUE, I was totally shocked when I was told moments before my procedure that I couldn't wear makeup, lol.  Fun part?  I get to do it again this summer!  Blast.

I'm annoyed.  I've worked with my company for five years, and I love this place, but ffs, they cannot seem to figure out temperature control in this building.  It's either so fucking cold I can't even think because my brain is frozen or it's so hot everyone's walking funny because their balls are stuck to their legs.  Two temps?  Fucking cold and fucking hot?  Figure it out, idiots.  Sheesh.
    panther
  • I can't stand the new Kelly Clarkson song "Stronger".  Idk what it is, but it annoys the crap outta me
  • My month board decided to have a different theme post for each day of the week, starting this week. Tuesday is recipes and I love to cook so I was looking forward to it. I wrote a long post with 2 links and a bunch of other info. And then TK ate the whole thread. 

The TK glitches are annoying in general but this one really made fume. I want to know everyone's favorite crock pot recipe! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_annoyances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:e4e18a3c-b28f-4af0-afa0-71dcb8a1254dPost:ec6072d5-15e3-4de5-a8f5-77d73fa2d21d">Re: Annoyances</a>:
    [QUOTE]I can't stand the new Kelly Clarkson song "Stronger".  Idk what it is, but it annoys the crap outta me
    Posted by chelseamb11[/QUOTE]

Know whats funny?  I was thinking about starting a thread about songs you are embarrassed to admit that you love right now.  That was on my list.  That and "Im Sexy and I Know it". 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I LOVE "Stonger" and "I'm Sexy and I know it"
    panther
  • edited March 2012
    AATB, I'm hoping to be cleared at least for shadow and liner on Thursday.  They told me I would just have to wait a week.  I can deal with no mascara but shiiit, I need my eyeliner!!  I even bought a brand new one for safety reasons ha ha.

Also, I'm annoyed that I have a meeting Friday morning and cannot just work from home and wait for my ipad to be delivered.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I'm annoyed that I really want a complete career overhaul but can't figure out what to do/how to do it/how to convince FI that we'll be ok.

I am annoyed that FI texts me to tell me to put the bowls away that are on the counter while he is at home and I am at work. PUT THE BOWLS AWAY YOURSELF.

I am annoyed that my girlfriend emailed me that she can't come to my bridal shower but she'd love for me to come to her Norwex party the night before. I don't want any more stuff from catalogs, thank you.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_annoyances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:e4e18a3c-b28f-4af0-afa0-71dcb8a1254dPost:5cac91a0-673a-4cb5-a342-36eac1eeaded">Re: Annoyances</a>:
    [QUOTE]I LOVE "Stonger" and "I'm Sexy and I know it"
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

WIGGLE WIGGLE WIGGLE WIGGLE WIGGLE!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_annoyances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e4e18a3c-b28f-4af0-afa0-71dcb8a1254dPost:023c2ada-03fa-4e5a-b3a4-41ffa6929d67">Re: Annoyances</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Annoyances : Know whats funny?  I was thinking about starting a thread about songs you are embarrassed to admit that you love right now.  That was on my list.  That and <strong>"Im Sexy and I Know it"</strong>. 
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

<div>I rock out to this song.  And I'm not even embarrassed about it ha ha</div>
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    I don't think I'm ebarassed by any music I like. I love all my music. I don't know half of wtf you guys talk about in terms of music though.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_annoyances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e4e18a3c-b28f-4af0-afa0-71dcb8a1254dPost:023c2ada-03fa-4e5a-b3a4-41ffa6929d67">Re: Annoyances</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Annoyances : Know whats funny?  I was thinking about starting a thread about songs you are embarrassed to admit that you love right now.  That was on my list.  That and<strong> "Im Sexy and I Know it". </strong>
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

I love that song :)
  • Blueyed228Blueyed228 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_annoyances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:e4e18a3c-b28f-4af0-afa0-71dcb8a1254dPost:f8481cb7-7048-4342-b610-2107ba1cac90">Re: Annoyances</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would contribute that I think the most embarrassing entry on my MP3 player is Wannabe by the Spice Girls. Annoyance?<strong><u> I post on TN occasionally, but I can't figure out posting a picture.
    </u></strong>Posted by djhar[/QUOTE]

Its a pain in the asss.  I use photobucket and have to cope the html or whatever into the box.  Its seriously stupid.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited March 2012
    ha, me either DJ!  Even when I upload the stupid picture to a host site and get the URL, it still doens't work.  Stupid TN.

Also, on the Sirius radio in my car you can select favorite songs or artists when a song plays.  Want to know what I added to my favorites list a few weeks back?  Backstreet Boys.  Want to know how embarrassed I was when H was driving and saw BSB "As long as you love me" pop up as a favorite artist.... ha ha 
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • NebbNebb member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_annoyances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:e4e18a3c-b28f-4af0-afa0-71dcb8a1254dPost:65d4fd39-96f2-441d-8fae-45f2c3cd2aa9">Re: Annoyances</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm also annoyed that something ate my freakin pansies last night. 
    Posted by Dot Dash[/QUOTE]

Lol I totally read that as panties
  • Im on the panties train too.  Reading fail, party of all of us.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • NebbNebb member
    We have rabbits in our yard and I love them. I stopped growing beans cause they always somehow got in and ate them. I prefer the bunnies.
  • My current annoyance is friends who message me on FB asking me to host one of their sales parties.  NO.  Not interested.  Quit trying to guilt me into it.  H and I are trying to buy a second car; I don't have the money right now to throw a Tupperware/sex toy/Celebrating Home party.  Nor do I want to.  Also, I think it's shitty to contact someone you haven't talked to in months just to solicit them to help you earn money.  Tacky.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• DodgersBrideDodgersBride member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    I annoyed with the way the my new office is currently set up. My CW that is training me is the sweetest women but omg I can't stand the set up she has and how messy and dirty she keeps here office. I don't officially move up until Monday but all I want to do is clean and I can't be because it is all her stuff.

edit: P&R
  • NebbNebb member
    Ya, they ate the bottom half of all of my beans, never one entire bean just half of all of them. They can be assholes but gosh they're cute!
  • Dot - it's ok. My wedding is a week before yours and I am still pretty meh. I just want it over with. All I care about is having some really good food and being married at the end of the day. 

I'm more interested in the honeymoon. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_annoyances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e4e18a3c-b28f-4af0-afa0-71dcb8a1254dPost:4b3a7f39-f87f-4d15-9b06-3d141265049a">Re: Annoyances</a>:
    [QUOTE]My current annoyance is friends who message me on FB asking me to host one of their sales parties.  NO.  Not interested.  Quit trying to guilt me into it.  H and I are trying to buy a second car; I don't have the money right now to throw a Tupperware/sex toy/Celebrating Home party.  Nor do I want to.  Also, I think it's shitty to contact someone you haven't talked to in months just to solicit them to help you earn money.  Tacky.
    Posted by baystateapple[/QUOTE]

A friend of mine actually had one of these at her bridal shower.  She was a vendor and yeah, she registered for stuff on her company and we could purchase them for her at her bridal shower.  FFS.

You know what song I HATE?  "Moves Like Jagger."  That song makes me want to stab a couch cushion and scream my brains out.  And this is coming from somone who finds sex-on-a-stick Adam Levine to be irri-fucking-sistable.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_annoyances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:e4e18a3c-b28f-4af0-afa0-71dcb8a1254dPost:4b3a7f39-f87f-4d15-9b06-3d141265049a">Re: Annoyances</a>:
    [QUOTE]My current annoyance is friends who message me on FB asking me to host one of their sales parties.  NO.  Not interested.  Quit trying to guilt me into it.  H and I are trying to buy a second car; I don't have the money right now to throw a Tupperware/sex toy/Celebrating Home party.  Nor do I want to.  Also, I think it's shitty to contact someone you haven't talked to in months just to solicit them to help you earn money.  Tacky.
    Posted by baystateapple[/QUOTE]

UGH, yes. I have too much in my Newsfeed along the lines of "Host a party with me in March and recieve my special hostess special!" and "Help me launch my new career as a Mary Kay consultant." Calling it a career is annoying to me big time.

I"m sorry, I get invited to way too many of those parties. This week alone I have a tupperware (declined) Norwex (declined) and a Scentsy! (told her I'd buy a $5 brick but then regretted it once shipping and tax added $5!)
  • I HATE "Moves Like Jagger." Ooof.
  • Also a ton of my FB friends are becoming sellers of a product called "It Works," which basically is stuff you wrap around your body and it makes you thinner or something.

Um.  Okay. 
    panther
  • Last time I got suckered into going to a Lia Sophia party I ended up spending $250.  On 3 things.  Suck my nuts I hate those parties.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I told you guys a while back about my best friend's plan to get married in Rome?  Well, she confessed this weekend that she and her FI are planning to get married at his local courthouse in April for immigration purposes, and then have their destination wedding in Rome next summer as planned.  Apparently, at least part of the reason they decided to do this was because my H told her FI that they should, based on our experiences with immigration.

Sigh.

I don't have a problem with the whole "two weddings" thing, generally, but having one of them in Rome seemed excessive to begin with and even more so now.  I'm irritated that I'm not invited to the courthouse wedding in April, I'm irritated that I can't afford the Roman wedding next June, and I'm irritated that my H is encouraging them to go this route based on our experiences with US immigration, which I handled almost completely by myself.  Seriously.  ALL he had to do was show up at the right times and places with the paperwork I prepared for him, and he thinks it was rough enough to discourage our friends from doing it?  Argh.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards