Snarky Brides
Options

Thoughts and prayers please-got attacked by a dog...kinda long-pics

2»

Re: Thoughts and prayers please-got attacked by a dog...kinda long-pics

• Options
    Hi!
    Longtime lurker, but I saw your post and finally took the plunge and finally signed up. 

I had an injury almost exactly the same as yours - a badly placed chain across a doorway tore up through my nose, splitting my nostril. That happened ten years ago now, but my scar has faded away almost completely. Just wanted to offer a little bit of hope in such a bad situation.

Things that could help: 
    - see if you can find an occupational therapist who can make a silicone splint. I wore one taped to my nose every night while it was healing, and it really helped flattening out the scar line. Because it's not a flat scar, it helps if it has a splint to conform to, so it doesn't go lopsided. 
    - when the line has knitted together, massage it with whatever oil is not going to make you breakout (I used jojoba) - the massage helps bring circulation to the site and helps it heal, as well as preventing puckering or hardening.

Hope all goes well. I was horrified when my injury first happened and thought that I would be disfigured forever, but I had my debutante ball the year after, and you could only see the scar close-up. Now, it's just a tiny white line on my nose. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards