Snarky Brides
Options

Finally!

I never thought 5 was going to come, I felt like I was going to be stuck at work forever. OMG what a hell day.

Friday night has never felt so good. What are you guys up to?

Re: Finally!

• Options
    Watching food network and putting off housework. I want marshmallows for dinner. I didn't go swim with my friends this afternoon like I usually do because I don't want to mess up the makeup the lady put on me today. Maybe I am a girl afterall.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Our company picnic is tonight at the minor league baseball stadium in town. But we have to wear these horrid shirt with our company logo and motto. Mine is huge and they're so ugly.
    But afterwards I think I might go out with some coworkers. So yay beer.
  • Options
    I'm watching "It Happened One Night" and reading Chelsea Handler's "My Horizontal Life."
  • Options
    zippitybzippityb member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited June 2010
    I got Cece Penniston on the brain now.
  • Options
    Josh is working until 10pm, so my night consists of grocery shopping and the gym.

I know, I'm a wild woman.
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    I bought vodka. Thats my night!

I am tempted to order someting in for dinner but I cant honestly for the life of me figure out WHAT and I know I shouldnt eat it anywas.
  • Options
    Taking my dog to the vet! his incision where he got neutered last Thursday might be infected...i noticed pus today!

so ill spend my Friday freaking out...waiting until 440 so i can take him to the vet, eye boggle at my ridiculous vet bill, come home and wait for FI to come over and then go to my softball game.

Today is not exactly going how i wished it would damit...MY POOR PUPPY!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I'm driving home for the weekend... how about you have a little extra vodka for me, Nebb, since I'll be driving and driving drunk isn't responsible.
    panther
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_finally?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e5893686-1a1f-4802-9dc4-66e02f521b34Post:93a9103f-92d0-4a68-b3cf-998cc658b92a">Re: Finally!</a>:
    [QUOTE]T<strong>aking my dog to the vet! his incision where he got neutered last Thursday might be infected</strong>...i noticed pus today! so ill spend my Friday freaking out...waiting until 440 so i can take him to the vet, eye boggle at my ridiculous vet bill, come home and wait for FI to come over and then go to my softball game. Today is not exactly going how i wished it would damit...MY POOR PUPPY!!!
    Posted by jelique7[/QUOTE]
    That makes me sad :( I clucked over my dog constantly when he got neutered I was so worried about him. Hope hes ok!
  • Options
    Jelique, I hope your puppy gets better!
  • Options
    jelique, have you tried vodka as a disinfectant? I hear that alcohol kills germs, and stress. Maybe your puppy needs some vodka.

In all seriousness, I hope your puppy is ok. My sister's dog had to get re-fixed after she got out of her confinement and busted her stiches.
  • Options
    Max was all almost healed up when we got him. I just had to remember I couldn't rub his whole belly. I'd had a female dog for 14 years before him, and I'd rub her "pretty pink belly" all the time when she was a puppy.

Nebb, I saw in an earlier thread you paint, mostly abstracts - what medium do you use?  I paint (I haven't in a while; definitely not in probably 10 years) but I like acrylics. I like to build up the texture and add things in. We have 2 canvasses hanging in the living room of mine from college - 1 is an oil, 1 is an acrylic. I have a third, but it's going to have to go in the stairwell or basement - it's huge. It was my final project in art class, and the one the professor liked the most. There's a story behind it.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    I used to paint. I stopped pretty much around the time that I moved in with my husband, no real reason why i just got out of the habit and now I am just not overly interested in spending my time that way. I dont feel creative enough to be honest. When I did paint, I worked in acrylics - I personally prefer stretching my own canvas and priming it myself, I like the texture better that way - but I havnt had the means to do that since highschool.

What I WANT to get into is batiking. I would love to but I just dont have the space to set up buckets of dye and room to hang things up. One day.
  • Options
    SarahSmile23SarahSmile23 member
    First Comment
    edited June 2010

sarah, your makeup trial is pretty! i'd also put a real shiny gloss in the center of your lips to help them look more full and to add dimension. you have pretty cheekbones, so ask them if they can contour them a little more. i know you don't wear makeup and probably don't know what i mean, but your makeup artists will know. also, make sure they powder your neck and shoulders so your face doesn't look darker than your neck.

i'm always the makeup advice girl on my local board, so feel free to ask me if you want any feedback on any future trials! i love makeup trials.

• Options
    Thanks, Sarah! That was just my first consult with her. We will do the dry-run trial about 2 weeks before the wedding, so I'm sure we'll work out coloring issues then. I am a totally different shade in November than I am in June.

Thanks for the suggestions about the contouring as well. We talked about making it more dramatic, but I didn't reallly want to go to the eye doctor and the grocery in full-on wedding makeup.

She took some better pictures on a better camera and will send them to me later. We clicked personally, though, and that is really important to me, so I'm going to hire her.
  • Options
    raynesraynes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I am waiting for the phone call telling me to call and book our Jamaic vacation.  We're going with 4 other couples and it's sort of a phone chain of booking, so that we all get in with the same deal/flight/whatever.  Then, once I do that, I'm helping my friend pack up a van so she can move.  5 hours away.  I might sabotage the van.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_finally?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:e5893686-1a1f-4802-9dc4-66e02f521b34Post:2f63f99a-5403-44cf-a2a6-9031968c7a73">Re: Finally!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks, Sarah! That was just my first consult with her. We will do the dry-run trial about 2 weeks before the wedding, so I'm sure we'll work out coloring issues then. I am a totally different shade in November than I am in June. Thanks for the suggestions about the contouring as well. We talked about making it more dramatic, but I didn't reallly want to go to the eye doctor and the grocery in full-on wedding makeup. She took some better pictures on a better camera and will send them to me later. We clicked personally, though, and that is really important to me, so I'm going to hire her.
    Posted by SarahPLiz[/QUOTE]

awesome! i can't wait to see the pics of your final trial!
  • Options
  • Options

BABE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how's it hangin'?

• Options
    Hi there!

I'm recovering from last night.  Em would not sleep and was up crying for a lot of the night.  We'd get her to sleep and then as soon as we put her down, she'd start crying again.  It was awful.  I miss my baby who used to sleep!!

Who knows if I'll be around more tonight.  DH is home and snuggling with Em, so I should get stuff done around the house since I slept all day today in order to make up from last night.  I should also start packing.  We leave for NY in a little over a week and we move in about a month.  **minor freak out**
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Hi sex monsters! I'm hanging out with the family at my mom's tonight. I'm sure you're all jealous.
  • Options
    Sucrets, I'm sorry :( Hopefully she will sleep well tonight!
    I can't believe you move so soon! You'll have everything ready by then, if not, I'll just have to come help :P

Hi SS!
  • Options
    Well DH and I are both sitting on the patio. He with his wine, cigar and computer. And me with the other computer. It's been a weird day today.
    Glad it's Friday.
  • Options
    I'm in class (yes, right now) and am going out with my friend Jason tonight for drinks. Woo!
  • Options
    I have a couple friends coming over any minute!

Nick still isn't home from happy hour...rut roh!

Oh well, I'm just listening to Joe Strummer and the fellas sing to me.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Aw, poor Em and Sucrets! 

I'm feeling loathsome because there were tons of leftover baked goods from a retirement party at work and I ate like a starved beast.  And I can't run because I've got some weird hip muscle/nerve thing going on.  I hope it heals because this sucks and I can't resist homemade baked goods.  I must have consumed about 9000 calories. 
  • Options
    We're possibly having a game night tonight, I'm crossing my fingers.
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    I cant decide if a sex monster is a good thing, or a bad thing...
  • Options
    we are cooking burgers on our new grill!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_finally?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e5893686-1a1f-4802-9dc4-66e02f521b34Post:74793db8-b780-41ca-9d5d-4be4bb79f3b9">Re: Finally!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I cant decide if a sex monster is a good thing, or a bad thing...
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

GOOD THING.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards