Snarky Brides
Options

Comcast, you suck

Our comcast has forced everyone to change to these new digital analog boxes. Our old box finally froze up on us today, so I changed them out. No problem, right? No. Now, we get up to channel 150 or so desite the fact that we pay for HBO. we also don't get the TV guide. We only get all the channels we are paying for and the guide if we upgrade to the expensive HD box.

So we're cancelling the unnecessary channels. I'm fine with this, as we don't need them and could use the extra money (sad to see you go, Boardwalk Empire) but the whole thing pisses me off. You force us to change out boxes, then take our channels away unless we pay more. Me thinks it's time to find a new company.

/rant

Re: Comcast, you suck

• Options
    Time Warner is the same way.  We get both internet and cable through them.  Our apartment building was struck by lightning and fried our modem so I called to have it replaced.  They informed me that they would be increasing our bill because they gave us a wireless box when we first signed up (even though we explicitly asked them not to), and they were not only going to charge us the extra $5 going forward, but wanted to get all the back charges as well.  I threatened to cancel our service so they relented and brought me the wired router I wanted to begin with.  OF course the tech that showed up also tried to talk us out of making the switch.  It was really annoying.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Thats shitty of them. :(
    We used to have AT&T U-verse, and I loved it. LOVED. They dont offer it in where we are now tho. :(
  • Options
    I'll tell H to try to haggle with them, I'm no good at that. Our old boxes were just fine, but they forced us to change by freezing the TVs when we used the guide. That's what really ticks me off. So yeah, either they offer us something good or we're done with them.
  • Options
    I switched to DirectTV from Comcast when Comcast took Cartoon Network off of the regular cable lineup. I didn't have digital cable in the bedroom, and I watch Adult Swim when I go to bed. I was so pissed. I love DirectTV even though it's expensive.
  • Options
    We have cartoon network still, thank gosh.
  • Options
    We have DirecTV because they have the football package. Which lets face it all men want. I dont have a clue how much he pays.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Ugh, I always hated Comcast..

I've also heard AT&T U-verse is awesome. We put our future address on a waiting list type thing to get service in that area.. Hoping it happens when we move!!
  • Options
    J&K10910J&K10910 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited October 2010
    Can you get DirecTV?  We switched from Charter (oh my god, how I hate Charter) and we're thrilled.  Even when we've had issues with the dish because of weather, it's still miles and miles better than Charter. 

Charter did something similar to us--they just randomly took away one of our channels that we watched frequently and added it to a more expensive package.  I called and reamed them and after talking to 3 different people, ended up with the entire package that that channel was included in for less than we had been paying before.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    I've heard DirecTV is expensive, but at this point it's probably cheaper than Comcast. I'll look into the U-verse thing too. I'm okay with not having a lot of channels, but H has to have the weather channel, which is 30 here, so basic cable is out (it won't cover it, we already checked).
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_comcast-suck?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e5a8439a-5336-406d-98d5-258def9b89caPost:44b47944-c431-41ba-bccd-5be9d791ba21">Re: Comcast, you suck</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've heard DirecTV is expensive, but at this point it's probably cheaper than Comcast. I'll look into the U-verse thing too. I'm okay with not having a lot of channels, but H has to have the weather channel, which is 30 here, so basic cable is out (it won't cover it, we already checked).
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

Huh.  Our DirecTV plus internet (with more channels, more HD channels, and DVR) is cheaper than just the cable was through Charter. 

It might be worth looking into at least.

• Options
    Direct TV does internets? I still have Comcast internet because that's the only really good product they have, and it's like $65 a month, which is insane.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_comcast-suck?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e5a8439a-5336-406d-98d5-258def9b89caPost:8f01a261-220a-4aa0-bd18-a2101dbc4b1e">Re: Comcast, you suck</a>:
    [QUOTE]Direct TV does internets? I still have Comcast internet because that's the only really good product they have, and it's like $65 a month, which is insane.
    Posted by zippityb[/QUOTE]

Oh sorry, no.  We have our internet through Quest here, but they bundle with DTV.  So DTV might have something similar in your area with a local provider, maybe?

• Options
    We switched from Comcast to Qwest/DirecTv, and are paying the same, BUT get 3 times the channels J got before. In NC, I had Time Warner, and even with a full cable package (including movie channels) and internet, I paid less than he did. It was horrendous.
    We've got one HD DVR box, and 2 regular boxes. I think we're going to upgrade one of those to an HD DVR box, too at some point.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    Missy, we've started looking into switching the living room DVR and H's box to two HD DVR's, and it is going to put us back like $500. Holy poop.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_comcast-suck?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e5a8439a-5336-406d-98d5-258def9b89caPost:4572ef75-7429-41ae-b6d5-cecb2255a23f">Re: Comcast, you suck</a>:
    [QUOTE]Missy, we've started looking into switching the living room DVR and H's box to two HD DVR's, and it is going to put us back like $500. Holy poop.
    Posted by zippityb[/QUOTE]

<div>WHAT? to buy them?</div><div>
    </div><div>We have Comcast and we pay $4 more to have an HD DVR instead of a regular DVR.<span style="white-space:pre;" class="Apple-tab-span"> </span></div><div><span style="white-space:pre;" class="Apple-tab-span">
    </span></div>
  • Options
    Good morning ladies, this is my first post, but I just couldn't help myself.

I work in the Telecom industry, and have never met anyone who was satisfied with Comcast (our installer fell through our bedroom wall, inept much?). If you have the option for AT&T U-Verse, I say go for that. I'm on the waiting list ion our neighborhood, but have gotten to check it out at a friend's house. Its so much better, and their internet is much more reliable than Comcast. They still have the features I like (like the on-screen guide) and a better value in our area. They also give you like 3 boxes for free (I believe).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards