Snarky Brides

So, it's night time. Who's around?

I was kicking ass this week, but it all caught up to me tonight and I ended up falling asleep for 3 hours. Now I'm just watching Stepbrothers and we're planning a weekend trip to NC.

What are you guys up to?

Re: So, it's night time. Who's around?

• I'm here sort of.  I'm trying to figure out where I put my notecards when we unpacked.  

Trip to NC?
  • I'm here but am off shortly to clean up the kitchen and go watch all of my "chick tv" (Smash, Glee...) while H is still at the gym. 

Where are you going in NC? 
  • Hi, I'm here!

I'm just catching up on the craziness of all the threads today.  I don't think I've seen so many wack-a-doos since I've been lurking.

Anyway, I'm just home from trying to get a shower gift for my friend's party this weekend.  I thought there was a Kohl's about 25 minutes away (according to Google), but both the directions I printed off of my computer and on my phone were both way wrong, so after I drove around for 20 minutes looking for it, I went to the next town which was another 20 minutes away where I knew where it was.  Grr to Google.

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Yeah, the weekend of May 5th.  It's N's cousin's (who was our flower girl) first communion and accompanying family party, so we're going.  Kernersville? IDK even where it is in the state, lol.

We were kind of planning on going to MSP because they were going to send him on a sales trip, but he got a promotion (yay!) which means more work (boo) and he's less expendable, so no trip for us.
  • Umm.  The 5th is my Granny's birthday and I'll therefore be within 20 minutes of Kernersville.  Just sayin. 
  • I loved NC when I was there in February Nates, I'm sure you'll have a good time.  It's crazy how friendly everyone is. 
  • I'm here. H is on duty again tonight so I'm hanging with the pups, watching the hockey game. 

One of the dogs is dreaming right now. I love that. He's making noises and looks like he's running in place. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Ahoy!

I've got nothing going on other than being ridiculously tired and craving sweets like crazy.  I want cake.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_so-its-night-time-whos-around?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e871e789-c836-416a-a3e4-05d045c7c9e2Post:ed5d2585-41b0-404b-9e56-70c9b3f7b467">Re: So, it's night time. Who's around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Umm.  The 5th is my Granny's birthday and I'll therefore be within 20 minutes of Kernersville.  Just sayin. 
    Posted by pirategal03[/QUOTE]
    Seriously? We will have to discuss this :) 

I'm trying to get a feel for how long it will be down, because I think N wants to save his vacation days for Hawaii in July (he wants a day or two to adjust after we get back). So I'm thinking it will mean that we'll be driving down on Friday night, spending that night, Saturday, and coming home on Sunday. It's going to be fast-paced, but I'm glad to be getting away, anywhere, for a weekend.

We considered moving to NC, Girlie. Maybe in the future, we'll see. We don't want to go anywhere for the next few years because it's a shaky point in my career. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_so-its-night-time-whos-around?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e871e789-c836-416a-a3e4-05d045c7c9e2Post:636454c9-5cef-4717-ba8e-210670c04fc3">Re: So, it's night time. Who's around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm here. H is on duty again tonight so I'm hanging with the pups, watching the hockey game.  One of the dogs is dreaming right now. I love that. He's making noises and looks like he's running in place. 
    Posted by LetsHikeToday[/QUOTE]
    I love dog dreams!!
  • Hi!  I'm taking a break between subjects before I start reading again.  I wish I was watching the Pens game, but I'm not because then I'd never get my homework done.

"Smash's balls are the biggest balls of them all." -AATB

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_so-its-night-time-whos-around?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e871e789-c836-416a-a3e4-05d045c7c9e2Post:dcfceb34-0e55-4c71-be2e-5812c68f5ff9">Re: So, it's night time. Who's around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: So, it's night time. Who's around? : I love dog dreams!!
    Posted by ZombieNates[/QUOTE]
    I always wonder what they dream about or how their dreams are. Ike probably dreams of bowls and bowls of food and tons of bones and places to sniff. Geno probably dreams of playing with other dogs and eating shiit. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Hey, Anna, do you count calories? You're my go-to resident expert on fitness stuff.
  • Let me know if/when you think you'll have time Nates, we'll make something happen.  
  • SEWFSEWF member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    Hi! I'm in and out.

I was off today and H was home sick. He has bronchitis, and now I have a sore throat. Luckily, my dentist put me on the same antibiotics that H is on (I'm on them for something else) so I'm hoping they'll take care of both, if I do get bronchitis. I just started them today, though, so they haven't had much of an effect yet.
    Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Nates, I tried to talk H into moving there after I came back (we can both do our jobs anywhere) and it was a no-go.  :(  But at least I have 2 close friends and my SIL there as excuses to keep going back. 

Our lab has actually humped (nothing) in his sleep - I'm pretty sure I know what he's dreaming about. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_so-its-night-time-whos-around?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e871e789-c836-416a-a3e4-05d045c7c9e2Post:d2bb8317-b839-4732-b108-6d9b38de5363">Re: So, it's night time. Who's around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey, Anna, do you count calories? You're my go-to resident expert on fitness stuff.

<div>i do indeed.  Every bite and drink.  It's the only way I've found to keep on track.  The intuitive eating thing does not work for me.</div>
  • HIke, I always feel bad when Bax has nightmares. What could he be afraid of? Poor baby.

Pirate, definitely! The communion/dinner isn't until 5. I know N will want to see his family for a little while, but we should be pretty open. 
  • Allooooo! I'm farting around on the internet, drinking some wine and waiting on Revenge to come on.

YAY NC visit Nates! I have lived here my entire life and I have no idea where Kernersville is. How pathetic is that?
  • Haha girlie. That cracks me up
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • edited April 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_so-its-night-time-whos-around?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e871e789-c836-416a-a3e4-05d045c7c9e2Post:fdb9e103-4724-4097-aa29-b0d9c37b20a2">Re: So, it's night time. Who's around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: So, it's night time. Who's around? : i do indeed.  Every bite and drink.  It's the only way I've found to keep on track.  The intuitive eating thing does not work for me.
    Posted by anna.oskar[/QUOTE]
    What do you use? I have My Fitness Pal app on my phone, but I worry that I'm not logging things correctly because it doesn't always match exactly what I'm having. For instance, for lunch I always have a little salad pocket (basically a pita) with chicken cold cuts. I've been logging it as a chicken sandwich, but it isn't and I think the calories are off.
  • Allooooo! I'm farting around on the internet, drinking some wine and waiting on Revenge to come on.

YAY NC visit Nates! I have lived here my entire life and I have no idea where Kernersville is. How pathetic is that?
  • I'm here. Just finished talking to my godmother on the phone. She called to see if I knew my dad was eloping next weekend. I knew, but I didn't tell her. I thought he already had. Doh! She wanted to see if it was ok for her to tell people because she's excited for him. She already spilled the beans to my other aunt and uncle. Oops!

Oh, and we had a really yummy dinner and I want more of it. Now. It was fresh spinach linguine tossed with red onions, cherry tomatoes, spinach, kale and pesto. YUM! All local produce and pasta. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_so-its-night-time-whos-around?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:e871e789-c836-416a-a3e4-05d045c7c9e2Post:9048ac46-aa25-49bd-ac31-22a3bccdfeda">Re: So, it's night time. Who's around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Allooooo! I'm farting around on the internet, drinking some wine and waiting on Revenge to come on. YAY NC visit Nates! I have lived here my entire life and I have no idea where Kernersville is. How pathetic is that?
    Posted by BecW2be[/QUOTE]

You just made my night. I didn't know revenge was starting again. I'm so pumped to watch it on the DVR tomorrow.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_so-its-night-time-whos-around?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e871e789-c836-416a-a3e4-05d045c7c9e2Post:9048ac46-aa25-49bd-ac31-22a3bccdfeda">Re: So, it's night time. Who's around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Allooooo! I'm farting around on the internet, drinking some wine and waiting on Revenge to come on. YAY NC visit Nates!<strong> I have lived here my entire life and I have no idea where Kernersville is. How pathetic is that?</strong>
    I'll join you on the pathetic bench. I know, like, 3 parts of my state: my hometown, NYC metro area, and the shore. I might vaguely recognize a town someone mentions, but i'm in a bubble for the most part. Lame.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_so-its-night-time-whos-around?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e871e789-c836-416a-a3e4-05d045c7c9e2Post:ae246de0-ace1-4b73-99e2-bbef364ba00c">Re: So, it's night time. Who's around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: So, it's night time. Who's around? : What do you use? I have My Fitness Pal app on my phone, but I worry that I'm not logging things correctly because it doesn't always match exactly what I'm having. For instance, for lunch I always have a little salad pocket (basically a pita) with chicken cold cuts. I've been logging it as a chicken sandwich, but it isn't and I think the calories are off.

<div>i didn't like MFP for that very reason.  I'm a SparkPeople girl.  i like the ease of entering my own recipes/meals and that it's easy to find them later to use again in the tracker.</div><div>
    </div><div>app info:  <a href="http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/motivation_articles.asp?id=1431" rel="nofollow">http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/motivation_articles.asp?id=1431</a> </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_so-its-night-time-whos-around?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e871e789-c836-416a-a3e4-05d045c7c9e2Post:9048ac46-aa25-49bd-ac31-22a3bccdfeda">Re: So, it's night time. Who's around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Allooooo! I'm farting around on the internet, drinking some wine and waiting on <strong>Revenge</strong> to come on. YAY NC visit Nates! I have lived here my entire life and I have no idea where Kernersville is. How pathetic is that?

<div>I wanted to watch that show because it looked interesting, but then I never caught it, so I gave it up.  However, they just did a recap episode that I watched.  Would you say that would be sufficient to actually understand what's going on?</div>
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Lindsey- there aren't too many characters so it shouldn't be too bad.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • I was thinking I might have to do that, MrsJ.

Anna, I know you and a bunch of other people love SparkPeople, so I might give that a go also and see which one I like more.  I didn't think I'd like tracking, but I feel really good seeing what I've eaten and what I can still eat in a day--more control, kwim?

So guys. What would be a good gift for this kid for a communion? I was thinking maybe a crucifix necklace or something and money? IDK. She was our flower girl and was just so awesome all day and adorable, so we really want to give her something special, but also approrpriate to the occasion.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_so-its-night-time-whos-around?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e871e789-c836-416a-a3e4-05d045c7c9e2Post:b1dd61c6-a4d2-4c1e-a34f-5555b14c15f2">Re: So, it's night time. Who's around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lindsey- there aren't too many characters so it shouldn't be too bad.
    Posted by LetsHikeToday[/QUOTE]

<div>Thanks! I'm a sucker for strong female characters, so hopefully she doesn't disappoint.</div>
    Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards