Snarky Brides
Options

Morning!

Re: Morning!

• Options
    Morning ladies! I just finished my big-ass advancement test. 130 questions related to my job, and 30 questions related to military history and policies. One section of about 30 math questions I was really confident on, which is a relief since those are the ones that used to give me a lot of trouble, but thankfully I practised them a lot yesterday in preparation for today. It took me a good 2 1/2 hours to plug my way through it, my hand is crampy from writing so much and my brain is pretty fried right now. I'm so not looking forward to working for 5 more hours, ugh.

On the topic of salad for breakfast: I have a friend who swears by eating a salad before a big race (half or full marathon). She says it's the only thing that doesn't upset her stomach.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Options
    Morning ladies!

Raynes- Here's hoping he comes tomorrow!

I have to get to the store, but I hate leaving the pup crated for too long. The petsitter comes at 3 and stays for a half hour, so if I get to the store by 5:30 and do a run through he should be fine. I have to get some food for dinner, so who knows what I'll be eating. Last night I had a grilled cheese and tuna, it was delish!

BK- I had a dream about you last, we were in Vegas.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    LesPaulLesPaul member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    That Nutella lawsuit makes me so angry, sultry.  People should not be rewarded for their stupidity.  Read the label!
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    LesPaulLesPaul member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    Good work, Mehg.  How long until you get the results?  I remember it being pretty quick last time.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:ea86f648-286c-479c-905b-8b77a019f4a4Post:af3be360-8db9-42a1-be77-c712a61fcfef">Re: Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Morning! : I think we're going to do my hair like this: I'm looking for an ivory headband in probably lace? I keep getting distracted by pretty crystal ones too, but  I think they might be a bit too much and will limit my jewlery options. I also really like the look of small ivory flower clips like  these . 
    Posted by celticmyss[/QUOTE]

I love that headband.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ea86f648-286c-479c-905b-8b77a019f4a4Post:0fb2279d-5555-4d26-93ba-f72dc2cbc517">Re: Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Morning! : Wishing you a happy and safe delivery either way.  Les/nebb - that reminds me of a blurb on the news this week about how the company that makes Nutella spread just settled a class action lawsuit and had to retract tv ads billing it as a healthy breakfast.  Um, it's chocolate, hazelnuts, some kind of buttery substance and sugar.  
    Posted by sultryzulu[/QUOTE]

As frivolous as lawsuits can be, this one I have to (sadly) agree with.  People rarely read labels anymore, so if a commercial calls it healthy (even with proper label warnings), people are going to buy it expecting a healthy breakfast/snack because they don't know what to believe...the label or the commercial.  Nutella is delish though.  I gained so much weight on it in France haha.
  • Options
    Mehg, I saw your doppelganger this morning btw.  She looked JUST like you.  I saw her while I was driving to the gym.
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    I know you rocked it mehg!! When do you find out results?
  • Options

KD- I'd love to go back (with JCB too, of course)! 

Don't be ashamed about going into Clair's.  I bought the pins for my hair from there ($5 rather than $35).  Any place that you can cut costs is a good thing. 

• Options
    raynesraynes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Woohoo mehg!  I'm with nebb, you know you rocked it. 

chels, I had an u/s at 39w4d and they guessed him at, like, 7.5 lbs +/- 1lb, so who knows.  If I'm still KU tomorrow they're repeating the u/s, so we'll get another idea.

And now I'm off, have a fantastic day everyone!
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ea86f648-286c-479c-905b-8b77a019f4a4Post:dd86f712-64f3-4a24-81aa-349cf270e1e9">Re: Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Morning! : As frivolous as lawsuits can be, this one I have to (sadly) agree with.  People rarely read labels anymore, so if a commercial calls it healthy (even with proper label warnings), people are going to buy it expecting a healthy breakfast/snack because they don't know what to believe...the label or the commercial.  Nutella is delish though.  I gained so much weight on it in France haha.
    Posted by chelseamb11[/QUOTE]

chels this wouldn't bother me either, except for the personal liability thing.  Based on your pics, you may be too young to remember this but it's the same driving philosophy as the class action against tobacco companies.   I mean is it really the manufacturer's responsibility to state in big bright red letters on the package that oh hey by the way, if you ingest enough of this shiit right here, you could die, in the meantime, enjoy it responsibly though.  I don't mean that from a sanctimonious perspective, I don't read the entire label list of everything in my cart but is it really rocket science to figure out that if I got it from one of the middle aisles, *healthy* might be a stretch?

woooh.  excuse me while I switch to decaf.
  • Options
    Celtic, that hair style is gorgeous!!! My sister used the train of my dress that I cut off and made a super sweet belt and matching hair flower for my wedding. i can't wait to wear it!

Sending good thoughts your way, Raynes. Soon you'll be breathing in that wonderful new baby smell. I love little baby ears and noses and fingers.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I never got into Nutella.  Everyone has told me I need to try it and so on but honestly I don't think I'm missing much.  Also, I would probably get addicted and bust out of my wedding gown before September ;)
  • Options
    I got my ears pierced at Clair's. I don't think I've been back since. I used to love their stuff though so I'd go there if I needed something now. Why spend a fortune?

I've never had Nutella. It sounds good though, PB and chocolate? Yes, please.

Anyway. I just got myself worked up and offended over a comment made to me and now I'm trying to decide if it's worth being pissed off about for the rest of the day God I hate being treated like dog shiit.
  • Options
    acaponi87acaponi87 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited May 2012

Morning ladies.

I tried to post earlier but I went to the baseball game last night and apparently had too much to drink because I feel like hell this morning. I started reading about the food at the beginning at the post and had to stop or I was gonna puke.

I think I drank too much but I also messed up..I took a bunch of sinus/cold medicine on the way home because I was starting to feel really sick again (I've been sick all week). I forgot you weren't supposed to take those with alcohol :(

jcbsjr--your dinner sounds fantastic. I LOVE scallops.

Book related: I just started The Marriage Plot by Jeffrey Eugenides. Has anyone read this?

June 16, 2012
  • Options
    Nutella on strawberries is one of my favorite things on the planet. I never buy it though because I'll gorge myself on it.

The thought of having it for breakfast or on hearty bread is not at all appealing though. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ea86f648-286c-479c-905b-8b77a019f4a4Post:32f37a17-5ace-44fc-9c06-5e0e8f9a5f81">Re: Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Morning! : chels this wouldn't bother me either, except for the personal liability thing.  Based on your pics, you may be too young to remember this but it's the same driving philosophy as the class action against tobacco companies.   I mean is it really the manufacturer's responsibility to state in big bright red letters on the package that oh hey by the way, if you ingest enough of this shiit right here, you could die, in the meantime, enjoy it responsibly though.  I don't mean that from a sanctimonious perspective, I don't read the entire label list of everything in my cart but is it really rocket science to figure out that if I got it from one of the middle aisles, *healthy* might be a stretch? woooh.  excuse me while I switch to decaf.

Wel yeah.. but think of the logic of your cigarette argument.. should they be allowed to advertise that it's healthy and justify it because the label says "oh by the way this will potentially kill you some day". It's false advertising.
  • Options
    LP11509LP11509 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    acaponi - I love your invitations! And I always read your SN as Al Capone, haha.  My BFF's grandpa was involved in the mob with Al Capone.  /end randomness.

• Options
    The Nutella lawsuit yeah, I can understand - but it still pisses me off.  For fucking shite's sake, just look at the stuff - even without looking at the label, if you think you're eating something healthy, I'm sorry, but you're a monstrous dumbass with packing peanuts for brains.  What about those HFCS commercials, where they try and tell you "it's no big deal - sugar is sugar!"  Stuff is made out to be miraculous in commercials, it's part of life, lol.

At any rate, Nutella IS delicious.

Did any of you guys watch Total Blackout last night on SyFy?  Ben and I DVR'd it and watched it last night and we were laughing so hard we couldn't even breathe.  I had tears gushing out of my eyes.  SO FUNNY.
    panther
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:ea86f648-286c-479c-905b-8b77a019f4a4Post:31f7fb53-8e72-4bbf-bca3-4299f26bf126">Re: Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]acaponi - I love your invitations! And I always read your SN as Al Capone, haha.  My BFF's grandpa was involved in the mob with Al Capone.  /end randomness.
    Posted by LP11509[/QUOTE]

Thanks! They were super easy--wedding paper divas + a ton of coupon codes :)

I get the Al Capone thing a lot. I like to think that people are intimidated by the name but I know no one is haha.
    June 16, 2012
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ea86f648-286c-479c-905b-8b77a019f4a4Post:bc04e6e1-131d-4b28-9335-049767849bb4">Re: Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Leah, Claire's has some cute stuff so I don't think you're being cheap. Just wise. <strong>Sarah, I don't know if I could do salad for breakfast.  What do you put in your salad? I think I'd have an easier time with it if I had a lot of protein in there - eggs, chicken, etc.</strong>
    Posted by djhar[/QUOTE]
    Ir was weird at first, I will admit, but now I love it. Basically, there is letttuce, chicken, nuts, cheese and a butt load of veggies. Sometimes I treat myself to a cranberry, nut and goat cheese one, with or without meat depending on what I have on hand. But normally its cukes, bell peppers, broccoli, spring mix, tomatoes, feta or parmesan cheese, chicken, Bacos (not healthy or clean, but whatever), and some sort of vinaigrette and nut (usually sunflower seeds). I can eat lots of volume without a lot of calories and there is plenty of chewing involved so I feel like i ate a ton, without any heaviness. Unlike oatmeal, it doesn't spike my bloodsugar and lead to a mid-morning crash, and there are still plenty of carbs and vitamins for energy, unlike my normal omelet.<div>
    </div><div>Megh, I got the idea from Born to Run. I have no doubt I could do a hard workout after breakfast now (If I had time) and not puke. 
    <div> </div></div>
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Good morning.  I've been having trouble sleeping lately and I'm really tired today.

I am more stressed out than I have ever been and am starting to have chest pains.  My aunt is a nurse and she told me that its just associated with anxiety (like an anxiety attack) but they hurt and it sucks.

On the Nutella topic- when FI lived in Germany he ate nutella every day because it was so accessible. He gained quite a few pounds over there!
    imageVacation
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:ea86f648-286c-479c-905b-8b77a019f4a4Post:b89e80a7-54b2-4fe0-ab43-385d959c3721">Re: Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Bk, that sounds awesome!  I currently am needing to plant the basil that's in my aerogarden so I can start a new batch of something.  I think tomatoes are next.  Or salad.  Hm. Kd, I wasn't there enoying champagne with you & Bk? I like that Celtic.  I had kind of a headband thing too:
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

I'll be honest, I tried to remember more details but the dog needed to go out.

I think Elvis was there though, maybe he was pouring the champagne?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:ea86f648-286c-479c-905b-8b77a019f4a4Post:7fcd95f5-5f37-4278-be4b-58bf627a6005">Re: Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Morning! : Ir was weird at first, I will admit, but now I love it. Basically, there is letttuce, chicken, nuts, cheese and a butt load of veggies. Sometimes I treat myself to a cranberry, nut and goat cheese one, with or without meat depending on what I have on hand. But normally its cukes, bell peppers, broccoli, spring mix, tomatoes, feta or parmesan cheese, chicken, Bacos (not healthy or clean, but whatever), and some sort of vinaigrette and nut (usually sunflower seeds). I can eat lots of volume without a lot of calories and there is plenty of chewing involved so I feel like i ate a ton, without any heaviness. <strong>Unlike oatmeal, it doesn't spike my bloodsugar and lead to a mid-morning crash, and there are still plenty of carbs and vitamins for energy, unlike my normal omelet</strong>. Megh, I got the idea from Born to Run. I have no doubt I could do a hard workout after breakfast now (If I had time) and not puke.   
    Posted by SarahPLiz[/QUOTE]

I thought that oatmeal was supposed to be good for regulating blood sugar?

I think that salad sounds awesome. I may have to try something like that this weekend.  I like the lots-of-chewing factor!
    June 16, 2012
  • Options
    Oh, and I had weird TK dreams.

AATB- you were kidnapping a baseball player (Ryan Howard from the Phillies for whatever reason) and I was watching the game when you ran onto the field.  The next thing we know Blue comes crashing in driving this 90's Green SUV with long blonde hair and feather clips blowing in the wind.  You two smuggled him into the car and drove off.  Then you made a thread about it. 
    imageVacation
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:ea86f648-286c-479c-905b-8b77a019f4a4Post:27aba21e-b836-4e9b-87ec-480c1ca6e3bf">Re: Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Brandi, I hope you feel better soon.  Do you have any relaxation techiniques that you can use?  Deep breathing, meditation, squeezy balls (heh), aromatherapy?
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I have this big ball of rubber bands that is pretty flexible and I play with that a lot at my desk.  I'm trying really hard to just do the "count to ten" method when I get overwhelmed. I know it will pass and that I just have a lot on my plate, but I feel like I'm taking it out on FI and that makes me feel bad.
    imageVacation
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ea86f648-286c-479c-905b-8b77a019f4a4Post:e59b7c7c-b5ac-4e97-9e21-97e2c967d5a9">Re: Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Morning! : Wel yeah.. but think of the logic of your cigarette argument.. should they be allowed to advertise that it's healthy and justify it because the label says "oh by the way this will potentially kill you some day". It's false advertising.
    Posted by chelseamb11[/QUOTE]

I gotcha but my point isn't about advertising a product more than it is the responsibility of the consumer to take part in the decision that something is good or bad for you.    It's chocolate nutty butter FFS, whoever approved that commercial in the Mad Men meeting should be force fed some on a salty bagel every. day.   alright i'm done with all things gooey for now.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ea86f648-286c-479c-905b-8b77a019f4a4Post:a453cb75-1ac1-4cdb-bcc4-fef651b0f323">Re: Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh, and I had weird TK dreams. AATB- you were kidnapping a baseball player (Ryan Howard from the Phillies for whatever reason) and I was watching the game when you ran onto the field.  The next thing we know Blue comes crashing in driving this 90's Green SUV with long blonde hair and feather clips blowing in the wind.  You two smuggled him into the car and drove off.  <strong>Then you made a thread about it. </strong>
    Posted by brandichamberlain[/QUOTE]

Haha, that sounds like me.  Surprising that I'd be kidnapping Ryan Howard, though.  Pretty sure there are a couple Twins players I'd rather kidnap - that is, if that team wasn't so fucking terrible right now, lol.
    panther
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:ea86f648-286c-479c-905b-8b77a019f4a4Post:ea78d91a-cccb-4967-8d00-bb017faf5134">Re: Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Morning! : Haha, that sounds like me.  Surprising that I'd be kidnapping Ryan Howard, though.<strong>  Pretty sure there are a couple Twins players I'd rather kidnap</strong> - that is, if that team wasn't so fucking terrible right now, lol.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

I don't follow baseball very often, but I like the Phillies.  He is one of the only players I can ever remember so I'm sure that is why it was him. lol
    imageVacation
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ea86f648-286c-479c-905b-8b77a019f4a4Post:5c249395-5ab3-40f9-b119-49da5e37960e">Re: Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Morning! : I gotcha but my point isn't about advertising a product more than it is the responsibility of the consumer to take part in the decision that something is good or bad for you.    It's chocolate nutty butter FFS, whoever approved that commercial in the Mad Men meeting should be force fed some on a salty bagel every. day.   alright i'm done with all things gooey for now.

This is all I'm saying.

I mean people WANT labels, and I think labels are mandatory now because people WANT to know where their food comes from.  If you aren't going to read the labels and just go by the commercial, well, I just can't feel bad for you.  I mean, if you believed that Snickers candy bars could actually transform you back to your old self from Betty White, then you're an idiot, yes?
    panther
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards