Snarky Brides
Options

This is your good morning thread.

Hi! Who is here? I'm doing laundry, hanging out with Ben and waiting for Matt to wake up. Notre Dame has a by week, so Matt finally gets to go to a Wake Forest game with me this afternoon. That makes me happy.

It's fucking cold. What the hell happened to fall?

Re: This is your good morning thread.

• Options
    Good morning!

I just got back from the doctor. I think I'm going to do laundry and bake cookies.
    imageimage
  • Options
    What did you go to the doctor for this early on a Saturday? Are you okay?

What kind of cookies are you making? Do you need my address so you can send me some?
  • Options
    I am here...I just 'slept in'...although getting up at 8 isn't bad for me, I feel okay. 

It is winter here. But I have refused to turn on the heat yet. It really only feels cold in the morning...it is 19 degrees in my living room right now (all I know is that 72 is 22, so it is just a bit lower than 72)....
  • Options
    it was the fertility doctor. Pelvic untrasound, yay! (but not really yay, more like eww)

I'm going to make some chocolate chip cookies. Tim woke up about ten minutes ago and pretty much the first thing he said was "I sure wish we had some warm chocolate chip cookies".
    imageimage
  • Options
    mmmmmm warm chocolate chip cookies.

Glad you're not sick. :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_this-good-morning-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:eb8431bd-c560-4c31-afc0-923330a2dda6Post:07288a8a-f4d4-4e18-93e4-9eb4cd3b4f65">Re: This is your good morning thread.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am here...I just 'slept in'...although getting up at 8 isn't bad for me, I feel okay.  It is winter here. But I have refused to turn on the heat yet. It really only feels cold in the morning...it is 19 degrees in my living room right now (all I know is that 72 is 22, so it is just a bit lower than 72)....
    Posted by number55[/QUOTE]

Oooh I bet it is cold up there. When do you start getting snow?
  • Options
    um, it is kinda hit and miss. It will be interesting to see what 'kind' of winter we have. I live near Toronto and our winters tend to be fairly mild when compared to even a couple of hours north of us. Some years it is cold with little snow, some years we get three or four huge snow storms but that's it and other years there is a little bit of snow throughout the season. They said it was going to flurry last night and last weekend we saw plenty of snow up at the cottage but that was 3 and a half hours north of where we live. I feel like usually we see our REAL first snow fall by the first week in December but now that I have said that I am sure that we will have a snow storm next week!
  • Options

good morning ladies!

Is this thread brought to me by jello, sheep and the letter Q?

I am here super early at work (for me) because Mike had to bring our car into the shop so he dropped me off. God grief I hope it is nothing serious with the car.

• Options
    How did the interviews go MM...I think they were on Thursday but I am a day behind in TK news...
  • Options
    They went fantastic, thanks for asking!! I was there for three freaking hours, so they better give me a good offer. Hahah, nah, I am not worried if I don't get it but if I do it will be pretty life changing. Mike's too. Fingers crossed!
  • Options
    Woo hoo! That's exciting for both of you!  I know that SB will be informed as soon as you know ;)
  • Options

I'm the worst knottie ever for not knowing what interviews you guys are talking about. Fill me in, M&M?

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_this-good-morning-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:eb8431bd-c560-4c31-afc0-923330a2dda6Post:40c43266-0620-4114-8aa0-a3d5094fa1bf">Re: This is your good morning thread.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm the worst knottie ever for not knowing what interviews you guys are talking about. Fill me in, M&M?
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

oh hai CEW! Sorry, still waking up over here... I emailed you by the way :)
    I got headhunted at the beginning of this week for a seriously huge position and I went and interviewed. I love my job, but this was unexpected and would be ridiculous to get. I am a tiny bit getting my hopes up now!!
  • Options
    Oh wow! That's so exciting. I just pulled up my email that I haven't checked all weeks. Off to look for yours!
  • Options
    Good luck M&M!

Jen - I hope the fertility doc had good news?

Cew - it is freaking cold.  I want fall back, too.
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thanks Tide!!

And Jen - any good news come from the doc?
  • Options
    Good morning! 

I'm up way too early for a Saturday, but I finally dragged myself out of my warm bed because I was tired of trying to back to sleep.  It's cold here too (the weather thing on my computer says it's 30 outside), but I refuse to turn on the heat because we have baseboard heating, and it's insanely expensive.  Just one of the many reasons I really hope we move before it gets really cold. 

I think I might actually try to have a productive Saturday--after this week, I'm actually feeling caught up at work, so I want to get some stuff done so I can continue that feeling into this week.  FI and I are going to a wedding tonight for some high school friends, and I'm really excited about that. 

M&M--I'm so glad the interviews went well for you two!  I'll have my fingers crossed over here for you.
  • Options
    Tide! I feel like I haven't talked to you in forever. How are things?
  • Options

Good morning, Ladies.  I slept in too, all the way to 6:30.  That's late for us, anyway.
    T&P to you, Jen, and great news on the interview, Meg. 
    It's 42* now, heading for 77* later today.  77??  WTH - this is Colorado.  I live at 6,500 feet elevation.  We haven't had a single snowflake yet, and usually it starts in September.  There's a slight chance of snow next week, but this is the strangest fall ever.

Cookies sound good.  Maybe I'll make something today after our bike ride. 

Have a great day, everyone!

imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Good morning, ladies! I'm still in bed. The dogs know it's cold out because they both have their head buried under whatever covers they can find.  It's 33 right now with a high of  65 so the temp difference isn't too bad. I have a baby shower to go to and I haven't bought a gift yet. I also have to pay our cell bill that I completely forgot about, so there goes 200.  J swears were switching to prepaid. Dude is crazy!!

It is true that pit bulls grab and hold on. But what they most
    often grab and refuse to let go of is your heart

imageimage
  • Options
    Mags - crockpot applesauce sounds yummy.  I might have to look up a recipe.  I have two pumpkins to roast, puree and freeze.  I want to shop today for new Christmas placemats and kitchen towels.  A trip to World Market may be in order too.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Morning Ladies.

DH got home last night, so we ate a late dinner, and caught up on SOA. It is still snowing here, has been since yesterday. Cold and yucky!

I'm letting DH sleep in this even is once a year and it wears him out. But the at and dog are outside the bedroom door whining. So I'm drinking my coffee, doing some laundry and waiting for my son to arrive with his GF in a few hours.

M&M- GL with the job, more money woo,hoo!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Milk Duds- Target is my favorite place ever, but I have recently noticed how kickass the baby department is there. The kids clothes are kind of crappy, but the baby stuff is adorable!! I once saw a John Deer onesie with Bob the Builder on it that said, "Can you dig it?" I almost bought it right then and there because Mike is in the construction/engineering field.
  • Options
    AW congratulations to your BFF Duds. I love babies as long as they're not mine. But I really love buying baby things,and Target. Have fun.
  • Options
    Good Morning it's bazaar day!!!!!!eleventy!!!!!

I'm getting dressed once SOMEONE stops hogging the mirror. (and yes I just said that aloud for emphasis)
  • Options
    Yay for baby boys! My nephew was especially cute last night and made me want to rethink the no more kids thing. I need to go be around a little asshole kid so that my mind will change back.
  • Options
    Morning! I actually got to sleep in and snuggle with H this morning. It was fantastic. My mom should be here in about a half hour, so I have to do a run-through and make sure the house is clean. And get H to shave off that ridiculous half-beard because I know my parents and they will tease him mercilessly for it, as I already have done.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_this-good-morning-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:eb8431bd-c560-4c31-afc0-923330a2dda6Post:5a0958f0-fc1b-4c0f-a4fd-42516300e801">Re: This is your good morning thread.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good Morning it's bazaar day!!!!!!eleventy!!!!! I'm getting dressed once SOMEONE stops hogging the mirror. (and yes I just said that aloud for emphasis)
    Posted by anna.oskar[/QUOTE]

Thank god I have my own BR!

Morning Anna, how are you today!
  • Options
    Anna--do you go to a church bazaar, or is it something else?  I'm going to my mom's church bazaar today, too! 
  • Options
    Good morning, girls. I'm chilling with the pups, waiting for DH to get up. We're celebrating my FIL's birthday today - if he cooperates, that is. I'm in the middle of a crappy cold and just hoping I feel better in time to enjoy some weekend.
    Infertile, living childfree, advocating like a BOSS
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards