Snarky Brides
Options

*Cew*

YGPM
1st pic of us together. Apparently I thought something was funny.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
~Holly and Jeff~
image 232 Made the cut! image 96 Ready to party!
image 44 Have better things to do!
image 92 Are going to cause me to have a stroke!

Re: *Cew*

• Options
    Hey there! Because tk sucks, I can't respond to your PM. I can just post some pics here. I didn't wear a veil because I felt like it would look weird with my hair. I bought one just in case, but ultimately decided that a head band with a flower was the way to go. I actually found the headband at claire's for something like $5.

It was so easy. I just styled my hair like I always do and then threw in the headband. I was very happy with the way it worked out.

• Options

Cew-I think our moms wore almost the same dress.
    It's time. Adoption saving and process started in November 2012.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Oh wow. I think you're right. I think I remember seeing them on FB. Your mom's was long wasn't it?
  • Options
    Thank you!  I have bought a couple of things (headband included).  I just don't exactly know what to do yet.  I am going to get my hair cut one more time (maybe) and then let it grow some so that she has something to work with.  :)  I bought a birdcage veil that I really like and hope that I can use.  I can't use a regular veil due to a small head and it looking like it is about to swallow me!   Thanks for the pictues!  You look stunning!
    ~Holly and Jeff~
  • Options
    Yeah it was!  But it also had the jacket, too!  Funny!
    It's time. Adoption saving and process started in November 2012.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Thanks, HD. I bet the birdcage veil will look really cool. I think the best thing for you to do might be to style your hair and then take pictures with all of your options. Then make your decision as to what you want to wear.

Or you could have the best of both worlds and use the veil during the ceremony and then the headband for the reception. I considered doing that, but it was very windy on the day of my wedding and I didn't want to have to deal with the damn thing blowing away.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_cew-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:ed03fd66-529f-447f-8b7f-20a72cc85d95Post:9077b84d-2f94-41ea-97dc-9a68c1a89284">Re: *Cew*</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah it was!  But it also had the jacket, too!  Funny!
    Posted by barbbhoww[/QUOTE]

Yep. And the top of the dress is exactly the same too. That's awesome.
  • Options
    I think I will use the veil for the ceremony and then take it off.  It would drive me nuts to use it all night.  That all depends on what it looks like in the first place, it may not get used at all.  I also bought some of those little twist-y rinestones that you twist in your hair here and there.  I have really fine hair though so I don't think they will work.   I have asked FI if he thinks I should wear my hair up or down ( I am a smartass). 

Thank you again for the pics and advice. I knew my hair would look pretty much like it always does but, it never hurts to look around for new ideas.
    ~Holly and Jeff~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards