Snarky Brides
Options

Monday

Good morning all. 

Horrifically it is Monday again. I have much to do at work, but will getting onto to TK to prevent loss of mind.

I am feeling kind of generally cranky this hot and humid morning - maybe because it is Monday. 

How is everyone?

Re: Monday

• Options
    I'm cranky too, chalk it up to stupid effing drivers who can't go the speed limit and insist on driving RIGHT NEXT to one another so you can't even pass them.

We saw The Other Guys last night and loved it. And we watched Date Night, which was surprisingly funny. Other than that nothing wonderul and exciting happened.

We actually have work to do today, so I'm excited. But a girl already complained about possibly having to do overtime this morning, so I'm starting my Monday off with yet another bitching co-worker.
  • Options
    Good morning.  I'm tired and still trying to get over this summer cold, but other than that I'm doing pretty well.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Good morning, ladies.  Monday, monday.  Meetings all day - ugh.  Need to think positive!
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    Im oddly in a great mood. I look forward to mondays now, for the sole purpose of waking up and reading my mad men recaps on TLo and then reading all the comments from people. Some of them are pretty deep and its so fun reading it afterwards. Its all gloomy and rainy and cool out and it looks like a fall day and im so excited to wear a sweater!
  • Options
    Hello!

I am in the 'two weeks before reality hits' time frame. It means I have to go to work a couple of days each week (Tuesday/Wednesday this week) but still have time to do other stuff too...today we are getting our marriage license (hopefully!) and making one of our charitable donations and maybe finally organizing the ceremony music (we have our readings chosen!).  Other highlights today include the gym.  

All I care about is our trip to the cottage on Wednesday/Thursday/Friday/ It is pretty much our last 'hurrah' before we really have to start thinking about work...
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_monday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f10fd909-75a3-45e1-bc1c-3133246ba727Post:7cbb2657-1e34-47ef-b1db-07ef1cc994cd">Re: Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good morning, ladies.  Monday, monday.  Meetings all day - ugh.  Need to think positive!
    Posted by LesPaul[/QUOTE]

I'd rather be in meetings all day, more time to space out and do nothing. Every time my mom is in a meeting she texts me for a joke or something else to keep her entertained.

Although, I hate our team meetings. They turn into a bitch-fest where everyone complains about how much they hate their jobs. So maybe I don't want al-day meetings.
  • Options
    Morning.  My H was horrifically hungover yesterday, so we're both sort of dragging our feet today.  On the plus side, we helped raise over $4300 for our friends who's son has Leukemia on Saturday night. 

My boss is back today after being on vacation for 2 weeks.  That means I'm going to have to work.  Boo.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm at work after a nice little vacay.  My boss is gone today so I'm probably going to play on TK. 
  • Options
    I'm in my first day of classes for the semester.  I'll tell you if I survive.  If I never come back, it killed me. 
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • Options
    I take it all back. We are getting the marriage license tomorrow...now all I really have to do is go to the gym...
  • Options
    Morning ladies! I'm enjoying Day 1 of vacation...travel plans changed due to a recovering pet, but all I care about is the fact that I'm not at that hell place called work.
  • Options
    Nebb-I envy you the sweater. I am hoping it cools down enough this week that we can go to the State Fair without throwing up from the heat.

NS, I remember "First day of the new Semester". Frick-for all the years and money I spent on getting edumucated I should be a Phd, but then again what would I have done with a Phd, exactly LOL. Anyway, I do not miss it though it was a good experience. Good Luck!

Hope the summer cold continues to improve B we have lots of sick people with that very thing here in MSP too now.

Raynes, congrats on the fund raising! Hooray! My friend's son had stage 4 neuroblastoma in 2005 and they basically said it would be a miracle if he survived a year, and here he is today happy and healthy!

Lucky you Heels! Wish I could do more of that today!

I just had the odd thought that this is going to be a great year or so ahead-not sure why I just think it is. So I guess that is thinking positive.
  • Options
    Lenore, that's awesome to hear.  It's always good to hear those types of recovery stories.  Their son has AML and just finished up his second round of chemo.  We saw them for lunch on Saturday and while he looks like he's sick, he's doing pretty well!
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm here, I feel like this week is going to be a long one for some reason.

Rain has delayed some of our yardwork this weekend, plus the fact I had a sinus headache all weekend.

NS- GL with school, let us know how it goes.

Nebb- I could feel fall in the air yesterday, and had to put a sweater on, DH thought I was nuts. But it was kind of chilly.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I am trying to convince myself not to eat left over shower cake for breakfast...but it tastes so good...
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_monday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f10fd909-75a3-45e1-bc1c-3133246ba727Post:c6c5fee3-2c60-4dea-b166-ec117e33ee7b">Re: Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am trying to convince myself not to eat left over shower cake for breakfast...but it tastes so good...
    Posted by number55[/QUOTE]

Mmmmmm.....cake. I kept telling DH last night I wanted cake. Everywhere I looked there was cake. We were watching "Made of Honor" and they had lemon cake.

There is a reason I dont bring these things in my house, I would eat them.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_monday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f10fd909-75a3-45e1-bc1c-3133246ba727Post:903a862f-a80b-4c34-8aa1-1fd11ad62940">Re: Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good morning.  I'm tired and still trying to get over this summer cold, but other than that I'm doing pretty well.
    Posted by betrothed123[/QUOTE]

'Ditto.  I'm going on week three of my cold; how long has yours lasted?  I've now progressed to a cough and runny nose. I'm hoping that means it's leaving my body, finally.
  • Options
    Steph- I have terrible allergies and asthma so when I started getting really stuffy and coughing a couple of weeks ago I assumed it was the asthma/allergy combo.  It wasn't until maybe a week ago I finally had to admit it's a cold.  So I'm not really sure when it started :(
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Good morning, everyone!

Seriously, Steph, the Neti-pot is amazing. You should give it a shot.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    stephl3055stephl3055 member
    First Comment
    edited August 2010
    This weekend went by too quickly.

One of my SILs got engaged Saturday night to the most douchetastic person ever.  According to my other SIL, she didn't even sound excited about being engaged when she called her family to tell them the news.  The now-engaged SIL actually lives at home but still hasn't come home to see her family or show them the ring. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Blah Mondays. I'm at work, debating on what I want to do tonight.

There's only like, 3 bars in the area, and one is really more of a club, and they do their big nights on Monday, so that's where everyone goes. Normally, I just stay in because I'm usually the DD, but it's my friend's birthday today so I'm probably going to have to end up going.

I miss FI and his 30 year old friends.
  • Options
    B- I have horrible allergies, too. I've gone into the quick clinic twice, and both times they just blew me off saying it was allergies.  But now I have a cough.  I'm just hoping it goes away soon.

MIAF- Maybe I'll try it again. I did use the Neti-Pot a few times in college and it didn't do anything except make me sneeze forever (yes, weird, I know.)

Nebb- I, as well, am jealous of your fallish weather. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards