Snarky Brides

TK is Giving Away 3 Kindles Here!

Hey Knotties, reading 50 Shades of Grey and The Hunger Games trilogy just got a lot better, I know you are thinking how could it get better?  Three lucky Knotties have the chance to win a brand new Kindle! It is the perfect item to bring along on your honeymoon or summer vacation! The Kindle has the following awesome features:

Built in Wi-Fi C download books in 60 seconds!

Over 800,000 book titles

Borrow Kindle books from your public library

An E Ink display that reads like paper 

Answer these questions to enter:

Who is your favorite literary couple?

Where will you take your Kindle?

Giveaway details: 3 winners will be picked at random. Contest will run from Monday, August 20th at 10:00am EST to Sunday, August 26th at 11:59pm EST

Photobucket

Re: TK is Giving Away 3 Kindles Here!

• Who is your favorite literary couple? I love the classics.. so I always go to Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy. Elizabeth is one of my favorite female literary figures anyways :)

Where will you take your Kindle? The beach... planes... long car rides... basically everywhere!

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • I love Tea Cake and Janie in "Their Eyes Were Watching God." : I'll use my kindle every day, especially on our long drive up to Maine for our honeymoon!
  • 1.) Beatrice Prior and Tobias Easton (Divergent) 2.) The beach, vacations, everywhere!
    Due 10/21/13 with our first baby BabyFruit Ticker
  • My favourite literary couple is Claire and Jamie in the Highlander series by Diana Gabaldon (I have read those books so many times and they are big and heavy so a Kindle would be helpful!).  I would take my Kindle everywhere - to read while on my commute, on the plane, in bed... but since we aren't going on a honeymoon right away, I guess that will have to do.
  • Who is your favorite literary couple? Jane Eyre & Mr. Rochester

Where will you take your Kindle? Peninsula de Osa, Costa Rica! And everywhere else. A kindle would save a ton of book space in my bag!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Who is your favorite literary couple? Ihate to be a "follower", but I'm also going with Darcy and Lizzie from Pride and Prejudice.

Where will you take your Kindle?  everywhere, in my purse!!  it would especially come in handy after a foot surgery I am having this October.

• Who is your favorite literary couple? As cheesy as it sounds, I absolutely love Noah & Allie of The Notebook. No, it’s not a literary classic, but it’s just such a touching book & film. It gets me every time.

Where will you take your Kindle? I don’t fly a lot, but I do spend an extraordinary amount of time in doctor offices. So a Kindle would be an awesome way to keep myself entertained. 

• Gone with the Wind: Scarlett and Rhett Butler... such strong personalities equally fighting for love. I would take my kindle on our next cruise...relaxing in a chair by the pool floating to paradise...
  • Who is your favorite literary couple? 
    Leah and Anatole from The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver's

I would take it anywhere my purse goes, so it'd always be with me!  The convenience of a Kindle would be so great! 

• Heathcliff and Catherine
    I will take my kindle everywhere and especially to my honeymoon in Vegas.
    genesiswinger@gmail.com
  • Who is your favorite literary couple? My favorite couple is Clay and Elena in the Women of the Otherworld series by Kelley Armstrong. 

Where will you take your Kindle? Everywhere! Beach, road trips, Disney, to visit the inlaws, etc. 

• Who is your favorite literary couple? Bella & Zsadist from Lover Enslaved.

Where will you take your Kindle? Everywhere.  Even to the bathroom.  Yeah, I said it.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• edited August 2012
    Favorite couple would be Anne Elliot and Captain Wentworth, from Jane Austen's "Persuasion." I would take the Kindle on my honeymoon!!!! :)
    Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth Bennet from Pride and Prejudice.  Nothing more romantic than a couple who ends up together despite everything and everyone trying to keep them apart. Where will you take your Kindle?
    I will take it with me on our honeymoon (love reading while traveling).  My soon to be husband is just finishing up med school and is in the military, so I would love to have it with me during those long stretches when I won't see him!
    "You're not my life but you're the one I want to spend it with. You're not my world but you're the best thing in it."
  • Christian Grey and Anastasia are my FAVORITE couple. Love them,
    I will take my Kindle EVERYWHERE! I love to read!

n Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tk-is-giving-away-3-kindles-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f19a0510-0aff-448f-88ce-c94056e2a7b4Post:c342a68b-a8e2-4b8b-a0f9-5531b169d005">TK is Giving Away 3 Kindles Here!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey Knotties, reading 50 Shades of Grey and The Hunger Games trilogy just got a lot better, I know you are thinking how could it get better?   Three lucky Knotties have the chance to win a brand new Kindle ! It is the perfect item to bring along on your honeymoon or summer vacation! The Kindle has the following awesome features: •              Built in Wi-Fi C download books in 60 seconds! •               Over 800,000 book titles •              Borrow Kindle books from your public library •              An E Ink display that reads like paper       Answer these questions to enter: Who is your favorite literary couple? Where will you take your Kindle?   Giveaway details: 3 winners will be picked at random. Contest will run from Monday, August 20th at 10:00am EST to Sunday, August 26th at 11:59pm EST
    Posted by Knot Lili[/QUOTE]
  • Favorite literary couple:  Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger. 
    Where I would take my kindle:  I currently have two novels stuffed into my not-large-enough purse.  They go with me everywhere.  I would love to trim down the bulk and replace them with a Kindle.

I'll have to go with Christine/Raoul from Phantom of the Opera - not the movie edition :)  Raoul is much braver in the actual book.

Vacation, the beach, the pool, the metro on the way to work...everywhere!

I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • My favorite literary couple is Jay Gatsby and Daisy Buchanan, doomed as it may be, from the The Great Gatsby. I also have a love for The Seelbach Hotel which F. Scott Fitzgerald used as his inspiration for the hotel in the book.

If I won a Kindle, I would of course take it to The Seelbach Hotel to read The Great Gatsby again, but also to every other destination on my travel list including Disney World, the doctor's office, Gatlinburg, the car rides, The Outer Banks, the pick up line at my daughter's school, Cleveland, the pool, Nashville, and the couch.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Favorite literary couple - Syvert & Kjersti Tonseten from Giants in the Earth

Where to bring the Kindle - I'd most look forward to bringing it out to my cabin. It would definitely help reduce the amount of packing!
  • Who is your favorite literary couple? Benedick & Beatrice, Much Ado About Nothing

Where will you take your Kindle? On the subway, it's a PITA trying to read and turn pages while holding on

• Favorite Literary Couple: Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger from Harry Potter

I would take my kindle everywhere like I take books with me everywhere now!
    June 2013 Sig - Shoes
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
    I'm a sucker for Nicholas Sparks books since I've been reading them for years so Noah and Allie from the Notebook were my favorite since I was in my teens.

I would probably take it most places: beach, road trips, planes, etc..

• Clare Anne Abshire and henry DeTamble from The Time Travelers Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
    is a truly amazing pair of literary characters.  And I will be taking my Kindle on our plane rides but probably not even turn it on when we are actually on our honeymoon.
  • Who is your favorite literary couple? Jane Eyre and Mr. Rochester

Where will you take your Kindle?   On my honeymoon to Aruba! And everywhere else :)
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • My absolute favorite couple is Noah Allie from Nicholas Spark's The Notebook. I'm sure I will read that book 100 more times before I die. It is a beautiful story and it is one that I get to see similar versions of in real life in my work as a nurse. The first place I would take my Kindle to is on my honeymoon to Tahiti, Moorea Bora Bora this November. After that, it would save a lot of room in my bag on trips to the lake beach and anywhere else we travel in the future.
  • Sookie Stackhouse and Eric Northman are my favorite literary couple from the Sookie Stackhouse novels.
    I would take my Kindle everywhere including work so that on my lunch break I could sneak a quick read.
  • Who is your favorite literary couple? Jennifer and Victor Lawson from 'Let's Pretend this Never Happened" --Its a bit of a stretch since they are in fact a real couple (the book is a memoir) but they support each other through illnesses and struggles and loss and really have a true love for each other.

Where will you take your Kindle? Everywhere! It will especially come in handy when I am stuck in a cabin for a very cold week in Wisconsin in October with Fi and my future in-laws!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Who is your favorite literary couple? While I love Jane Austen, I love the relationship between Daisy Buchanan and Jay Gatsby.

Where will you take your Kindle? On the metro- juggling a hardcover book is something awful.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Favorite Literary Couple : Eowyn and Faramir from Lord of the Rings

Where I would take my kindle: On our Germany honeymoon- it would sure help alleviate boredom on that long international flight! I'd also use it at the gym.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Petruchio & Katherina from Taming of the Shrew

Everywhere BUT the bathroom (Nuggs, I'm looking at you).   

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards