Snarky Brides
Options

SB lovefest?

Re: SB lovefest?

• Options
    Les--you had me at pumpkin ale.
    In fact, can I skip the pumpkin cheesecake and pumpkin ice cream (I'm allergic) and just have triple-servings of the ale? kthanks
  • Options
    This thread is making me tear up.

I love NS for listening to me whine about everything on FB.

I love all of you for listening to me whine over the last year about ttc, and for the year before that about the house. I wouldn't mentally be here without you, and that's no joke.

I love Seshat for sending me rambling emails and reading the start of my book :) I have more if you want to read it!

I love Anysun for being an awesome 19 year old. She's like the little sister I never had and I love how she (you?) are so passionate about people.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_sb-lovefest?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f24c40b1-7e17-46d5-8716-1ffbc5e29fa2Post:56c1ced5-4e89-45f1-9ea9-91d656b94d40">Re: SB lovefest?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: SB lovefest? : you know very well that you gained weight because you gained muscle and/or were retaining water. Its 4 pounds. You also know better than to not eat enough. Where is old school Nebb from about a year ago...you can do it!
    Posted by number55[/QUOTE]

Thank you, this is what I was trying to tell her last time. But you did a better job. Nebb- Just keep up the work I promise it'll all work out fine (pardon the pun)
    I just went back on the exercise wagon too so we can encourage each other.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_sb-lovefest?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f24c40b1-7e17-46d5-8716-1ffbc5e29fa2Post:d7a6e1dd-b337-4729-8c9a-bb8e06f185b2">Re: SB lovefest?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Rach, I love you because you had a TTD and it makes me want one (despite my MOH telling me it is silly to wear a wedding dress after a wedding and telling me it is bad luck in Spanish culture...good thing I am not Spanish)...your sig pic makes me smile every time you post. You are stunning!
    You made my night!!! And, I think you should totally go for it; it was one of the most fun times ever!<div>
    </div><div>I love my TK gals, and I just wish I was around more often to know some of the newer gals!</div>
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_sb-lovefest?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f24c40b1-7e17-46d5-8716-1ffbc5e29fa2Post:a22a1a93-ec15-4c49-85f1-801ff1607268">Re: SB lovefest?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: SB lovefest? : I'll keep trying but I dont want to :( we will get back on the wagon together! AND I LOVE YOU NUMBER!!
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

<div>There's the Nebb I know and love!</div><div>
    </div><div>We will do it together. I already have my goals...one size by mid-March, another by July 1st. Nothing radical, just healthy loss, slow and steady.  We can do it!</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_sb-lovefest?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f24c40b1-7e17-46d5-8716-1ffbc5e29fa2Post:c1b334bc-256f-4d43-b035-2134aae73f9f">Re: SB lovefest?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh, and Sesh- for being my very first TK FB friend. I feel honored to know you and your Whisky Sour. He is for real one of the cutest cats ever.
    Posted by staceytaylor0704[/QUOTE]

He is THE cutest cat ever. And Sir Whisky loves all the Sb girls and thanks them for being his mom's friends.

Seriously though, I love that SB is one big support system when it's needed most, with a little bit of snark mixed in (oh yes, I used the word snark).
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_sb-lovefest?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f24c40b1-7e17-46d5-8716-1ffbc5e29fa2Post:71f297cb-3b77-43ea-8dc4-b476c7a49f79">Re: SB lovefest?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: SB lovefest? : You made my night!!! And, I think you should totally go for it; it was one of the most fun times ever! I love my TK gals, and I just wish I was around more often to know some of the newer gals!
    Posted by RachNRich[/QUOTE]

<div>On a similar note to hers, I absolutely LOVE the blue crinoline. (That is what it's called, right?) It's gorgeous. You're one of the first posters I really remembered when I first started lurking because I thought your sig was so beautiful. </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>Thanks so much Katie =) God, I wanna meet you guys!</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_sb-lovefest?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f24c40b1-7e17-46d5-8716-1ffbc5e29fa2Post:5d77a98d-75e0-41d1-ab6f-1f521556759d">Re: SB lovefest?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: SB lovefest? : There's the Nebb I know and love! We will do it together. I already have my goals...one size by mid-March, another by July 1st. Nothing radical, just healthy loss, slow and steady.  We can do it!
    If I can lose the 10lbs I have gained back, and then an extra 10 by next summer, I will be totally happy! we just gotta keep eachother in check.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_sb-lovefest?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f24c40b1-7e17-46d5-8716-1ffbc5e29fa2Post:d6d990da-9139-4f30-91ed-2661b98e00c9">Re: SB lovefest?</a>:
    [QUOTE] I love Seshat for sending me rambling emails and reading the start of my book :) I have more if you want to read it! I love Anysun for being an awesome 19 year old. She's like the little sister I never had and I love how she (you?) are so passionate about people.
    Posted by katiewhompus[/QUOTE]

Um, yes of course I want to read more. Your story inspires me to work on my own. I seriously wrote like 4 pages in a couple hours after our chats.

Also, I totally agree about Any. Can I adopt you as my little sister?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_sb-lovefest?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f24c40b1-7e17-46d5-8716-1ffbc5e29fa2Post:532ddef9-1c37-488a-9f37-d432d6ee1729">Re: SB lovefest?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Saxy, how's the school year going?  I always think about you and want to ask but you're too damn busy to be knotting :P.
    Posted by NatesGirl16[/QUOTE]

Whew...it's going well.  I really, really love my job, I'm just overwhelmed.  I was talking to another teacher the other day about how much I was looking forward to May--not because of summer break, but because then I'd know I had actually survived the school year.  :-)

And KD, yes please!  I would love that.
  • Options
    AnysunriseAnysunrise member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited October 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_sb-lovefest?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f24c40b1-7e17-46d5-8716-1ffbc5e29fa2Post:efce126d-e466-463d-b07a-6195c6f976a8">Re: SB lovefest?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: SB lovefest? : Yep! You could get me, MandaPanda, Tide, etc all in one trip! Speaking of: I <3 Tide for always being the word of reason. I also <3 her for coming to my housewarming party and letting me play with Taryn.

<div>Kay, I told FI it's happening. He's cool with it. We'll have to do it during the summer some year though so we can just sleep in the car. It's a 19 hour drive, haha. Still closer than my place though!</div>
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I really love everyone here. Are there things you say that I don't agree with? Sure. But I keep coming back here for a reason. I never really posted on TK until I found SB. I made a few posts on my local, but it was so quiet there (compared to here) that I never got into it.

I have to make a few shout outs, and for anyone who is not mentioned I hope you don't feel bad - I look forward ot getting to know each and every one of you regs better and better as time goes by.

Nates and Led Zepp: I love you guys, I feel like if I knew you IRL we'd be good friends.

Any - I also agree that youre very mature for your age and I love how you go from  posting sort of camly to being snarky, just out of nowhere.

KW - Love you to pieces. Just because. You're smart and always seem to know the right things to say.

Sesh - You're an author and I love reading. You're kind of a self-proclaimed moody person like me and you're ok with it.

AATB- You badmouth my favorite Baseball team constantly (and it hurts a little) but I love your passion for it at the same time. Plus, you're pretty hilarious.

Blue - I don't really know why I like you, haha. I think it's because I know I disagree with you on so many things but we come together mentally on so many others and I love it.

Cew and Zipptiy - you both pist one-liners that literally make me LOL.

MIAF - You're hysterical, always.

JenGin - I feel like you understand me when I'm being lame and still think it's funny. It's rare for me, and I just love you for that.

Nebb- I just like the fact that the first and foremost thing I remember about you is that there's a homeless man living in your bushes and eating chicken.

M&M - Just because. There are too many reasons.

I am blanking out now. There are so many more of you that I enjoy on a regular basis.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_sb-lovefest?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f24c40b1-7e17-46d5-8716-1ffbc5e29fa2Post:047cbbaf-32be-48f2-aaef-51e46116fd56">Re: SB lovefest?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: SB lovefest? : Whew...it's going well.  I really, really love my job, I'm just overwhelmed.  I was talking to another teacher the other day about how much I was looking forward to May--not because of summer break, but because then I'd know I had actually survived the school year.  :-) And KD, yes please!  I would love that.
    Posted by saxy414[/QUOTE]
    I think I told you this before, but I remember just crying at my desk around this time of year during my first year of teaching (holy complicated sentence). I just couldn't believe that I still had eight months to go.  I was so overwhelmed.  I still feel like that from time to time, but I remind myself that I made it through that first year, so I can definitely make it through another one.

This is your second or third year, right?
  • Options
    Nebb...we will indeed keep each other in check...KD too!  I need to be more responsible with what I eat. I eat like crap. Esp now that fitting into my big white dress isn't a priority.

Any- I can't believe you are only 19. You are awesome!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_sb-lovefest?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f24c40b1-7e17-46d5-8716-1ffbc5e29fa2Post:ca812482-841f-4580-a171-6cab665cc020">Re: SB lovefest?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: SB lovefest? : Kay, I told FI it's happening. He's cool with it. We'll have to do it during the summer some year though so we can just sleep in the car. It's a 19 hour drive, haha. Still closer than my place though!
    Posted by Anysunrise[/QUOTE]

Hurray!! We also have really cheap (but nice) hotels here too. And I'm sure we could find crashing space for the two of you as long as you don't mind dogs/cats.
  • Options
    Aw, I love these threads! I am sorry I'm not around much in the evenings (and I"ll be logging off very soon),  but I adore y'all and I appreciate that I am welcomed here even though I'm not around a whole lot.  Kiss
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_sb-lovefest?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f24c40b1-7e17-46d5-8716-1ffbc5e29fa2Post:f7aaa395-9997-4919-895d-236492e368c7">Re: SB lovefest?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Aw, I love these threads! I am sorry I'm not around much in the evenings (and I"ll be logging off very soon),  but I adore y'all and I appreciate that I am welcomed here even though I'm not around a whole lot.  
    Posted by ohwhynot[/QUOTE]

<div>Come around more, We (I?) like you...</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_sb-lovefest?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f24c40b1-7e17-46d5-8716-1ffbc5e29fa2Post:b0af03e9-b38b-45d4-a9fd-d86a3a3ed33e">Re: SB lovefest?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: SB lovefest? : I think I told you this before, but I remember just crying at my desk around this time of year during my first year of teaching (holy complicated sentence). I just couldn't believe that I still had eight months to go.  I was so overwhelmed.  I still feel like that from time to time, but I remind myself that I made it through that first year, so I can definitely make it through another one. This is your second or third year, right?
    Posted by NatesGirl16[/QUOTE]

It's my third year out of school, but my first with a full-time, permanent job.  I was a sub for a year and a half doing anything and everything, and then a long-term person for a semester.  So I have some experience, but this is the first time I'm really 100% on my own, doing my own thing.  I keep hearing that this year is the hardest (and I can completely agree with that, already), and I keep telling myself "it gets easier" over and over.  That and occasionally repeating "They're just kids, they're just kids." to myself. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_sb-lovefest?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f24c40b1-7e17-46d5-8716-1ffbc5e29fa2Post:f7aaa395-9997-4919-895d-236492e368c7">Re: SB lovefest?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Aw, I love these threads! I am sorry I'm not around much in the evenings (and I"ll be logging off very soon),  but I adore y'all and I appreciate that I am welcomed here even though I'm not around a whole lot.  
    OWN...did I miss the reasoning behind you logging off soon??
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_sb-lovefest?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f24c40b1-7e17-46d5-8716-1ffbc5e29fa2Post:91041c59-501d-4930-924c-8e56c30737c8">Re: SB lovefest?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: SB lovefest? : Hurray!! We also have really cheap (but nice) hotels here too. And I'm sure we could find crashing space for the two of you as long as you don't mind dogs/cats.

<div>Animals make me happy =D And neither of us have allergies or anything. Is it sad that I'm super excited for this already?</div>
  • Options
    saxy...it does get easier but more than anything it gets different. Some things get easier because you know how to do them, other things get easier because you figure out how to do them better. I am in my 10th year and I still find the job tough but I have learned one very important lesson. You don't have to live at work, you need to have balance, you need to have a life. Teaching is a job that has no limit to the amount of work you could do (from September 1st til June 30th)...you have to set those limits so you can stay sane. Be the best teacher you can be without giving up your own life/health/sanity. You can do it. 
  • Options
    HOLY SHIIT ON A SHINGLE.  I love a good love fest!  I am so glad I logged on!

Except I am always afraid I will forget someone... I will do my best.

I heart Nates because she is funny as hell.  Seriously.  And she and her fiance are so fracking adorable :)

staceytaylor is an enormous sweetheart and I have mad love for her.  I am so thrilled for her wedding!  She is marrying an awesome guy and deserves it :)

Blue and I are date twins... so we have that.  But I love how she always speaks her mind, no matter what, and doesn't give a rat's ass what anyone thinks.  I respect her a lot.

I always feel like Jas is the voice of reason in heated threads.  She's very level headed.  And she's adorable!!!

I will have to ditto everyone about their comments about Any - she is SO grown up for her age and it is awesome.  One of my sisters is 19 and she's pretty mature too, but not enough to be getting married.  Girl, you are miles ahead of lots of youngens :)  And you are smart.  It shows.

katiewhompus is so sweet and I can't wait for her and her H to start a fam!  I also respect her knowledge about animals/pets a lot.  She's very helpful. 

I think aprove is strong and smart and I'm really jacked for her wedding too.

I was stalking rho's wedding pics earlier today and that looked like such a kickass, fun wedding!  And she seems like she would be so much fun to go out for a night on the town with, too.  Well, all of you girls would be!

Jenna is so adorable and sweet!  I remember that she said once she gave her H a journal she kept during their engagement for a wedding gift - she is obviously a very thoughtful and emotional person.

Oh and star!  She is fantastic :)  I really admire her and aprove so much for their law school... I dated my ex while he was in law school and that motherfucker was studying all the time.  I am glad you girls can find time to come onto the knot!  You are wonderful!

Ugh.............. so many more girls I want to love on but I have to get going. 

Blanket love - thank you all so much for bearing with me during this dress bullshit.  With any luck, I will have it soon!  And you'll be the first to know!

Plus - I just really feel good to be a part of this board and that I've come to know all of you.  I feel like even though we come from all over and have lots of different views on life and opinions on things - that we all respect each other and genuinely care about each other.  And that is a very cool thing. 

YAY!
    panther
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_sb-lovefest?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f24c40b1-7e17-46d5-8716-1ffbc5e29fa2Post:715d6d8e-0e1d-4495-b0d4-4e784c261f77">Re: SB lovefest?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Nebb...we will indeed keep each other in check...KD too!  I need to be more responsible with what I eat. I eat like crap. Esp now that fitting into my big white dress isn't a priority. <strong>Any- I can't believe you are only 19. You are awesome!</strong>

<div>That's the reaction I strive for =)</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_sb-lovefest?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f24c40b1-7e17-46d5-8716-1ffbc5e29fa2Post:c92d789c-66f0-4eb8-a977-60bf50ce4bf0">Re: SB lovefest?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: SB lovefest? : OWN...did I miss the reasoning behind you logging off soon??
    <p>Posted by RachNRich[/QUOTE]</p><p>I just have kid duty tonight ;-).  Right now they're playing house, nicely, but that could end at any moment.  </p>
  • Options
    I'm late, but I wanted to jump in and say that I love all of you guys. You've been amazing when I've had issues or just for a good laugh. I truly feel for you guys when you're going through tough times.

Jen - it breaks my heart that you are having such a hard time having a baby. You are such a wonderful person. You deserve everything your heart desires.

Np - you know I love you! You're straight up awesome

LTZ - I feel the same. You and Np need to not live on the other side of the country. I guess I'm the minority on this one though. I would love to visit NY, so I'm going to have to work something out.

Cew & Zippity - I love your random posts that just seem to pop in out of nowhere. They're always hilarious.

Jas & Blue always have well thought out and well articulated responses. I am jealous of your ability to clearly process thoughts from brain to text.

Katie is such a sweetheart.

Kd is hilarious and gives great advice at the same time.

MIAF and Sarahpliz  (I always read this as Sarah Please) always give great advice as well.

Sunrise - You're on the straight up awesome boat as well.

Celles, Kimheartsscott, and Roxy - I wish I was round more when you guys are. I like you all. You're all fun to talk to.

Oh and celles and sunrise - I almost always seem to agree with your thoughts on serious issues.

I know there's more...
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_sb-lovefest?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f24c40b1-7e17-46d5-8716-1ffbc5e29fa2Post:c715f100-b745-470c-8a1a-c309cc486b99">Re: SB lovefest?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: SB lovefest? : I just have kid duty tonight ;-).  Right now they're playing house, nicely, but that could end at any moment.  
    Oh goodness---haha! I thought by logging off you meant GBCK'ing!
  • Options
    Thanks Number! I miss you guys. I feel so out of touch. :)

We sat in the stairwell because of the stupid fucking tornadoes. I now know what hell would be like.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_sb-lovefest?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f24c40b1-7e17-46d5-8716-1ffbc5e29fa2Post:31baf95a-ef76-488b-b3bf-10ec51a9e8d7">Re: SB lovefest?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: SB lovefest? : Hahaha, no.   You'll not be rid of me that easy! BTW, it stinks that you had moved out of Toledo when Sucrets and KD and I had our gtg.   Do you ever get back there?  
    I'll be heading home for Thanksgiving (home is basically where Sucrets lives now, two hours from Toledo), but it will probably be my first and only time this year :( <div>
    </div><div>I can't believe that I left, and you guys all met up! talk about bad timing on my part....I would have loved to have been there; I reeaaaalllly miss Toledo (shhh...don't tell anyone I admitted to that). </div>
  • Options
    I forgot B and Tide - I respect the hell out of you guys. Seriously.

and AATB - you're so friendly and funny. You're a really great person. Also, I like how you always seem to have interesting threads. Oh, and I loved your stories about your great grandmother or maybe great, great grandmother. They were really interesting.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    ah yes, the storm of all storms. It is windy here. I don't know if we have a tornado warning but the chances of one actually hitting are pretty slim. Happy you are safe though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards