Snarky Brides
Options

Nail polish poll

1.  Current favorite color?  (specific brand and color if you'd be so kind)

2.  How often do you paint your nails?

3.  How often do you get them done?

4.  Do you match your fingernails and toenails?

5.  Preferred nail shape and length?

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.

Re: Nail polish poll

• Options
    Navy Baby by Sally Hansen

I only keep a clear strengthening polish on my finger nails which I apply every other day or so. 

I get a pedicure once a month or so.

Nope.

Mine are I guess "active length" and I keep them slightly rounded. 
  • Options
         I like purple.  But, I like purple anything. 
         Maybe 3-4 times a year.
         Maybe 2 times a year
         I usually just have my toes done.  Naked fingers for me. 
         I like to have them long, which has only happened with the help of prenatal vitamins.  Normally, I keep them pretty short because they break all the time, especially with sports, camping, other activities. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Any Sally Hansen Nail Prisms color. I love them

Every 1-2 weeks, I'd say.

Almost never

During the warmer months, always. When it's colder, usually only for special occasions.

Rounded, and fairly short. I'd prefer to have them longer but they tend to break really easily.
  • Options
    Mermaid to order by OPI.  I'm impatiently waiting for my Zoya nailpolishes, though.  I want to try them out!
    I very rarely paint my nails anymore.  They get too thin and brittle when I paint them all time.  My toes are always painted, though.
    I get my toes done when my mom takes me.  I'm still a child, apparently.
    Since I never paint my fingernails, no.  I didn't match them when I did paint both, though.
    Longish.  I just let them grow out until they break.  They never get freakishly long.  I keep them square with rounded corners.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    1. Current favorite color? (specific brand and color if you'd be so kind) I like OPI and bright pinks (I only paint my toes)

2. How often do you paint your nails? Whenever my pedicure wears off

3. How often do you get them done? Same

4. Do you match your fingernails and toenails? I don't paint my finger nails. They grow like weeds so it would be a lot of upkeep.

5. Preferred nail shape and length? I like my nails short.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have a burgandy color from Essie that I love.  ETA: "Carry On"

Toenails... oh, once a month? They last forever. Fingernails... at least a clear coat every few days.  If I'm feeling ambitious, actual color once/week or so.

Professionally? Before vacation sometimes or special events.  I keep trying to bribe myself with manicures as incentive to stop biting my nails (I know, I know). 

Nope

On the shorter side and rounded. (ditto)
  • Options
    Mochachino by Essie (a sparkly beigey-taupe), Mink Muffs by Essie (dark taupe), and Cozu-melted in the Sun by OPI (sparkly pinkish goldish)

I try to do it weekly...but probably more like every two weeks

every 1-2 months

Nope.  I prefer brighter colors on my toes and more subdued colors on my fingers

Short (to the tips of my fingers, sometimes a bit longer) and squarish with rounded corners

• Options
    If I paint my nails (very rarely), it's a dark color or natural shade. The only light color I've ever used was a kind of silver-blue for the wedding. If I use that one now, I just do it on my toes.

Hardly ever.

Professionally? Never.

No

Very short. Basically, I cut off all the "white" part of the nail once they get too long. I don't like long nails.
  • Options
    I like any kind of natural shades for my hands. Right now I"m digging Let them Eat Cake by OPI. For my feet it tends to go by season - I had gold over the holidays, I usually stick with reds or burgendys in the winter. Spring/summer I like brighter colours but not so bright that it's like a highlighter. I can't stand those shades.

2.  How often do you paint your nails? Maybe 5-8-ish times a year

3.  How often do you get them done? Every month or sometimes twice a month depending on what I've got going on.

4.  Do you match your fingernails and toenails? Not usually. If I do it's probably an accident.

5.  Preferred nail shape and length? I don't like them to stick out past my actual finger. I hate the clicking sound of long nails on a keyboard. I like them "squoval"
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Essie- Short Shorts. Its a hot pink. I use it on my toes only though.

2.  How often do you paint your nails? never- the last time I painted my own toes was a long time ago and I was asked if I had a seizure while I was doing them. It was bad.

3.  How often do you get them done? Mani and pedi every other week.

4.  Do you match your fingernails and toenails? No.

On the longer side, but not super long. Rounded.
  • Options
    chirpchirpchirpchirp member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012

1. Current favorite color? (specific brand and color if you'd be so kind)
        Revlon "Gray Suede" (lasts about a week with any chipping for me- first brand I've found that will do that)

2. How often do you paint your nails?
        Every Sunday night

3. How often do you get them done?
        I used to get a french mani with gel tips every two weeks but they destroyed my nails and I wanted to cut back on unnecessary spending so I stopped. 

4. Do you match your fingernails and toenails?
        No, I usually do a dark red or purple on my toes since you can't see them when I'm at work and a really subdued color on my fingers because... you can see them when I'm at work.

5. Preferred nail shape and length?
         I do medium and a rounded square.

• Options
    Clear for fingernails. It's Haken Nail Magic and it helps your nails stay strong. It works wonders.

once a week? Maybe less.

Used to get acrylic so I did alot but now I don't ever go.

No. That looks weird to me.

I'd like to have long nails but I can't grow them very well unless I consistently use the nail magic. The shape I like is rounded square.
  • Options

1.  Current favorite color?  Essie "Clam Bake" It's a neutral pinky-taupey. Perfect for everyday.

2.  How often do you paint your nails? Every other week, perhaps less.

3.  How often do you get them done? A few times a year.

4.  Do you match your fingernails and toenails? No.

5.  Preferred nail shape and length? Short and with a squared/rounded edge.

Achi...I like "sqoval"!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Any gray shades from OPI/Sephora

Not very often, FI hates nailpolish besides the classic French Mani and I wear gloves everyday at work so they never look good for more than a day or two.

Once a year?  See #2

Yes, unless fingers are French then I could really care less what my toes look like.  Actually, in the winter I don't normally care about what matches because my feet are never exposed.  

Day to day = short as possible, since they get in the way of research
    Special Occasion/Manicure= Sport length so there's actually a bit of nail but not too much because I'd probably poke my eye out or stab myself.

ETA:  Square when I have a nail to actually shape
  • Options
    I don't know what it's called, but it's a very light pink

I never paint my finger nails, and I paint my toes whenever they need them.  Probably once a month or so.

Never.  I don't like paying for stuff I can do myself

I never really paint my fingernails, but on the very rare occassion that I do, yes, they likely match.

As short as I can go on my toes, and medium length for my fingernails, cut straight w/slightly rounded edges.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    "You Don't Know Jacques" by OPI, but lately I have really been into the Sally Hansen nail decals. No dry time! And they really last long. I have the houndstooth print on my nails right now.

Toes: every 2 weeks or so. Fingers: Varies. I have to be in the mood to do them.

Yes

Medium length, and roundish.
  • Options
    I use the plain red that Insta-Dry makes.

I never paint my fingernails, but always my toes.

Never, I do them.

Only for very special occassions, otherwise it isn't worth painting my fingers.

I don't think this applies to my toes 
  • Options
    1.  Current favorite color?  Pacific Blue and also Lasting lily/lilac? by Sally Hansen Xtreme, Red Hots by Maybeline Express finish, and San Tan Tonio by OPI.

Every 3 days, I can't stand chips, I love to do it, it's a part of my routine.

Never. 

Sometimes. Maybe once a month/ once every two months.

5.  Preferred nail shape and length? Rounded, length ranging from short to medium. I have really strong nails so I have to watch out or they will get long really fast.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    1. Current favorite color? (specific brand and color if you'd be so kind) A cheap purple one from wet n wild actually. It's a dollar and the pigment is great. I don't even know if it has a name. I love Affair in Red Square by OPI too. Both look awesome under my Essies Matte About You. 2. How often do you paint your nails? One or two times a week depending on chipping. 3. How often do you get them done? Never. I started getting acrylics when I was 15 and had them until I was about 21. Even though I know they are terrible for your nails I want to start getting them again. Even with proper polish application and a top coat, my nails chip almost immediately. 4. Do you match your fingernails and toenails? No, I almost always keep my toes hot pink. My fingers are normally dark with an occasional pale color thrown in. 5. Preferred nail shape and length? Pretty short and usually more square.
  • Options
    Is Matte About You their matte topcoat?  Does it work well?  I've been looking for it.  I think I'll have to order online.

• Options
    Don't have a specific brand I'm loyal to, but I like things in the darker pinks and reds. Every once in a while I'll do more of a hot pinkish color.

Maybe once every 2 months? I only paint my toenails and apparently they take forever to grow.

3 times a year (at most) - only pedi, I hate getting manicures

Nope, my fingernails usually go without - I have a bad habit of immediately picking at the polish so it seems pretty pointless

Medium length rounded.
  • Options
    Pink Parka by Essie.  It is the hottest hot pink ever, and it is my secret bit of summer on my toes during the winter.

I try to do it every few weeks, only because I tend to be a nail biter and the more often they are covered in paint, the less likely I am to bite.

Probably about 4-5 times a year.  I do a mani/pedi for my birthday and my office's annual holiday party, and then I try to get a pedicure in the late spring after wearing boots and socks all winter.

If I get them done, I do. If I do them myself, you are likely to find me with hot pink toes and gray/red/burgundy fingers.

I like them slightly squared and not super long.  But my nails rarely get long- I always end up breaking them when they get too long.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options

Black in Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Xtreme Nail Color

I love this brand, it stays on really really well with no chipping, AND it's only like $2.50 a bottle.  While I also love my Opi and Essie colors, sometimes I hate to spend that much on nail polish.

At least once a week, often twice a week (I try not to pick or chew, but it happens...)

Hardly ever.  It's been years.

In the summer.

Square/slightly rounded (my nails are short though).
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    I've been painting them gold lately (football). The brand is I think Pure Ice? Idk, I got it at walmart, and it was like $2. 

At least once a week. Whenever my polish chips. I need to paint them today actually.

My toes, about once a month or so. My hands, not as often. I usually do them myself, or have my friend do them.

Hardly ever.

I bite my nails. It an awful habit, and I'm working on stopping. So, I don't really have a preference. Anything other than bitten to the nub I guess.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_nail-polish-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f2639c59-2e9a-40e4-9aa7-c3417b6b0bbaPost:b73b9342-968f-48bb-81aa-b406fefb8924">Re: Nail polish poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is Matte About You their matte topcoat?  Does it work well?  I've been looking for it.  I think I'll have to order online.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

Yes, and I love it. It wears quickly, but since my nails chip so fast it could just be my nails. I started using my OPI clear top coat under it and that helps. Oh, and darks/reds to bleed onto the brush. I think using the clear coat has helped that but it doesn't bother me, because I only use it with those colors anyway.
  • Options
    1.  Current favorite color? OPI for Sephora, 'What's Your Poinsettia?'

2.  How often do you paint your nails? Everyday. I can't stand wearing the same color more than one day in a row.

3.  How often do you get them done? Never. I do my own. It's cheaper that way.

4.  Do you match your fingernails and toenails? Nope.

5.  Preferred nail shape and length? Just a little white edge showing and square.
  • Options
    1.  Current favorite color?  (specific brand and color if you'd be so kind) Right now I have Aruba Blue by Essie on. It's really fun

2.  How often do you paint your nails? I'm making a conscious effort to keep them constantly painted. I'll repaint them as soon as they start to chip/grow out. 

3.  How often do you get them done? I used to get them done every 2 weeks (did that for years, all through HS, stopped for a while then kept it up for a few years again) but now I'm going to do them myself to save $. I'll get gel nails done before vacations or once in a blue moon to treat myself.

4.  Do you match your fingernails and toenails? Usually

5.  Preferred nail shape and length? Short (equal with my fingertips, maybe a smidge past) and natural
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    OPI, OPI, OPI!!! Right now it's FLY from the new Nicki Minaj collection

I also have recently started using OPI CHIP SKIP.....holy moly that product needs a gold star!!! My mani is a week old today and not a chip in sight. I type all day at work too.

Weekly...it's called mani-pedi thursday. :) (this week is the exception because I just could not take off my mani from last week as it has not a chip.  It's FLY with China Glaze's crushed candies crackle.

I can't remember the last time I paid someone else to do my nails.  I would much rather spend the money on buying actual nail laquer that I can use again. Plus I really don't think they do as good of a job as I do.

Normally yes, or at least in the same color family. Like plum nails and purple toes.

Squound. sqauared with round edges. 
  • Options
    1.  Current favorite color?  (specific brand and color if you'd be so kind) I almost always use reddish colors, or dark burgundy colors. I tried to be adventurous Wed and painted them this god awful purple color. I'll be changing that tonight. Wet N Wild and Rimmel are my two favorite brands. They seem to last the longest on my nails. Seems like the cheaper the polish, the longer it lasts and I'm good with that.

2.  How often do you paint your nails? Twice a week for my fingernails, once a month for my toes.

3.  How often do you get them done? April-Oct once a month for my toes, I never get my fingernails done

4.  Do you match your fingernails and toenails? Rarely. Apr-Oct my toes are french tipped and my fingers have colors

5.  Preferred nail shape and length? Med length, square with rounded edges
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I alternate between green, navy blue, and burgundy depending on the week. Currently green. I typically stick with either Wet & Wild or NYC brands, usually just because they have the broadest range of color for cheap (and I don't bite my nails, but I pick at the polish, so I go through it fast).

2.  How often do you paint your nails? usually once every week or sometimes two, depending on if I have time. 

3.  How often do you get them done? I have never gotten them professionally done. I plan to for my wedding as a treat to myself, but honestly, I don't really see the point.

4.  Do you match your fingernails and toenails? Almost always. The only time I don't is if I'm doing colored toes and clearcoat on fingernails, but I almost always do matching colors on both. 

5.  Preferred nail shape and length? shortish and rounded, but people always think they're longer than they are because I have deep nailbeds. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards