Snarky Brides

How did I not know about this?

55 calorie beer.  55!  Bud Select 55...it tastes like water, but it's alcoholic and way less fattening! My Friday just got waaay better
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: How did I not know about this?

• No no no. I will take the extra 43 calories and drink Mich ultra mmmmm
  • I've got some of the mich ultra in the fridge too...I can just switch back and forth all night:-D
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If you like mousey flavored, watery beer - then drink up.

I'll take a regular light beer over those low cal ones ANY day.
    panther
  • I'll take the calories over my beer tasting like water. Sorry.

But I'd rather have a Mojito anyway.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • See, it tastes exactly the same as all the other watery light beers to me, so no flavor lost in my mind.  I'd really prefer a fat tire, but I have a wedding dress fitting coming up
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Do a shot of Bacardi 151, same alcohol by volume as six beers and half the calories lol.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Do you drink beer often enough that it would impede on you fitting in your wedding dress?

I mean I love a good brew but it's not like I'm drinking it so much that I actually notice a change in my body.  Or, that I'm not working out enough for it to at least not count.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_did-not-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f2b24a28-7ad8-4f7a-a264-34f04eae1e64Post:37fd4074-9fe7-4108-a097-b0bc7a2634d4">Re: How did I not know about this?</a>:
    [QUOTE]See, it tastes exactly the same as all the other watery light beers to me, so no flavor lost in my mind.  I'd really prefer a fat tire, but I have a wedding dress fitting coming up
    Posted by Jodipi314[/QUOTE]

Oh, by all means fit in your dress. Just promise to drink something high calorie the night of your wedding.
  • I second Bacardi.  It's always my drink of choice--strong and low cal!
  • One beer definitely won't bring a change, but I drink a few over the course of the weekend.  Enough that mentally I feel like it might be affecting my size.  Maybe it's not really, but I feel better drinking the beer if I'm not worried about having to run a ton extra tomorrow.  Plus this way I can spend the extra calories on a klondike bar. It's all about compromise;)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yeah...if you just want something low cal and alcoholic, I can definitely think of several better tasting options.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • I have never had a mojito but I want to try one. Something about mint and lime is really appealing!

OH! I bet that that would be a good cupcake flavor.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_did-not-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f2b24a28-7ad8-4f7a-a264-34f04eae1e64Post:ec8df729-775a-4055-9887-4ddcefe4d1b7">Re: How did I not know about this?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How did I not know about this? : Oh, by all means fit in your dress. Just promise to drink something high calorie the night of your wedding.
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Haha, no worries.  We're having Sangria during cocktail hour, I LOVE that stuff</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • JK! Kiss I want to know why you always disappear when I am out of school?!! Hmmm?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_did-not-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f2b24a28-7ad8-4f7a-a264-34f04eae1e64Post:b9009ea0-0b60-4242-9cd6-999847ab87b3">Re: How did I not know about this?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah...if you just want something low cal and alcoholic, I can definitely think of several better tasting options.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>*sits down in the front row with the nerds*  </div><div>
    </div><div>Do tell!  The bacardi sounds like a fine option so far</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_did-not-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f2b24a28-7ad8-4f7a-a264-34f04eae1e64Post:acdd30a7-1b06-4e81-8ef7-732dffe16c26">Re: How did I not know about this?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have never had a mojito but I want to try one. Something about mint and lime is really appealing! OH! I bet that that would be a good cupcake flavor.
    Posted by ricksang[/QUOTE]

It's weird the best Mojito I've ever had was in Paris. We still compare all others to that one. And the Mexican restaurant we frequent I usually get the Pineapple one.

But I think you may be right, that would be a good cupcake flavor.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_did-not-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f2b24a28-7ad8-4f7a-a264-34f04eae1e64Post:8b02174e-4223-4c31-940a-9a3ba48cda2b">Re: How did I not know about this?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How did I not know about this? : Haha, no worries.  We're having Sangria during cocktail hour, I LOVE that stuff

I just had my first Sangria the other day, it was blackberry and delicious. I plan on making some when family visits next week.
  • Dang now I want cupcakes hmmm and alcohol. NOT WINE THOUGH.
  • All of my best alcohol experiences were out of the U.S.  The best Sangria was obviously in Spain, mainly because of the atmosphere of drinking outside.

I love mojitos and when you tour the Bacardi headquarters in Puerto Rico, they give you a bunch and teach you how to make the best mojitos at home.  YUM. 
  • All alcoholic drinks are calorie free.  I refuse to believe otherwise.......don't shatter my innocence cause I love them so much. 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_did-not-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f2b24a28-7ad8-4f7a-a264-34f04eae1e64Post:05076ad1-6edd-47ba-aa2d-0c02f3ecefd5">Re: How did I not know about this?</a>:
    [QUOTE]  The best Sangria was obviously in Spain, mainly because of the atmosphere of drinking outside. 
    Posted by npasquale16[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Oh man, when I studied in Sevilla my host mom would make pitchers of sangria to go with dinner...best summer ever.  I don't know what it is, but they're just not the same when I make them here

</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_did-not-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f2b24a28-7ad8-4f7a-a264-34f04eae1e64Post:55756c05-8466-4a66-86cf-1bb2e8df2715">Re: How did I not know about this?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How did I not know about this? : *sits down in the front row with the nerds*   Do tell!  The bacardi sounds like a fine option so far

Well...pretty  much any liquor with a low cal mixer.  Bacardi and diet is always a good choice, bonus points for a twist of lime.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • I In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_did-not-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f2b24a28-7ad8-4f7a-a264-34f04eae1e64Post:7dfc4c82-bc64-4666-b6d8-1a55ed405dea">Re: How did I not know about this?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How did I not know about this? : Oh man, when I studied in Sevilla my host mom would make pitchers of sangria to go with dinner...best summer ever.  I don't know what it is, but they're just not the same when I make them here
    Posted by Jodipi314[/QUOTE
    I know!  I can never replicate, which makes me sad
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    ive stopped giving a shiit how much is in my beer. I just kind of hope for the best.
  • Get some crystal light lemonade in the individual packs and mix that with vodka. (well make it into lemonade first THEN add the vodka, don't add it straight to the vodka). Makes a fabulous vodka lemonade with minimal calories. I've even been hood enough to take the packets with me to bars and just order straight up vodka and a glass of water so I can mix it myself.
  • I love mohitos...mint mohitos, mango mohitos, blueberry mohitos, they are all so delicious :)

Quick everyone, name your favorite beer and favorite liquor with mixer
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_did-not-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f2b24a28-7ad8-4f7a-a264-34f04eae1e64Post:05076ad1-6edd-47ba-aa2d-0c02f3ecefd5">Re: How did I not know about this?</a>:
    [QUOTE]All of my best alcohol experiences were out of the U.S.  The best Sangria was obviously in Spain, mainly because of the atmosphere of drinking outside. I love mojitos and when you tour the Bacardi headquarters in Puerto Rico, they give you a bunch and teach you how to make the best mojitos at home.  YUM. 
    Posted by npasquale16[/QUOTE]

What do they use for the base ingredient?  I've tried the simple syrup, sugar water, the sugar cane juice from the spanish aisle of the supermarket, etc. but I'm still trying to recreate a mojito I had in key west that I think was the best I've had.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards