Snarky Brides

Funny guest book entries?

Hey SB,

I'm looking for quotes for an article, and I’d love to hear from you. What’s the funniest thing you’ve seen (or written) in a guest book? Please post below, and thanks in advance.

KA
Tweet? Me too! Have you checked out our My Real Wedding Gallery for ideas? Upload your photos here and be featured on The Knot!

Re: Funny guest book entries?

• edited May 2011
    We had a picture/poster board guest book.  Many people wrote lovely things like "God Bless You," "Congrats" or "We are so happy for you!"

My uncle wrote "Have a bitchin' summer."

ETA - I asked him about it later and he explained that he wrote it because it was what he wrote in all the yearbooks back in high school.  Because you know... wedding guest books and high school yearbooks are totally the same :)
    panther
  • Our friend wrote, "Congratulations, guys! Jon  - if you screw up, buy her a Kitchenaid mixer. Chicks love Kitchenaid. Trust me."

Yeah, this friend is divorced. I guess Kitchenaid didn't save him.
  • "Wonderful wedding!  As for advice, treat  each other with respect and don't ever trust the trollocs or orcs.  ~Uncle Steve"

"My advice is two little words:  yes dear.  ~Warren"

"Advice from Randy: don't pet a burning dog"
  • I went to my cousin's wedding and one of her young (maybe 6 year old) nieces scribbled "I can't wait to see your new baby!" Yeah, the bride was three months pregnant at the time and not many people knew before that little note.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_funny-guest-book-entries?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f7b32693-fb91-4d85-8929-c10fc5b98846Post:c6965377-5ee4-44de-a8dd-9aaf500f0208">Re: Funny guest book entries?</a>:
    [QUOTE]"You two grew up so fast. Have a happy marriage!" Yeah, not quite funny but it's kinda hilarious to me because my 12-year old brother wrote it.
    Posted by Champagne Supernova[/QUOTE]

Yeah that definitely made me laugh out loud.
  • Ever seen Will Ferrell's skit with his daughter about rent money? (clicky if you haven't)

Well in college me and my two friends thought this was hillarious. At one of their wedding receptions, the DJ opened the floor to anyone who wanted to say something. All we said was "Give me the money b!tch" from the skit. She (bride) thought it was hillarious. We also signed the guestbook like that.
  • Wow. These are really funny so far. Thanks!
    Tweet? Me too! Have you checked out our My Real Wedding Gallery for ideas? Upload your photos here and be featured on The Knot!
  • We did a wedding wishbowl instead...here is what we got.
    :)

It's time. Adoption saving and process started in November 2012.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • "Now our not-so-secret-secret-love-affair is over."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards