Snarky Brides
Options

Bonjour! C'est Vendredi!

Here's your morning thread, nice and early...

We have a bbq planned (first time using the new one) and it is STILL pouring. And we have another planned tomorrow and it had better not be raining then too.

It's Friday, that's pretty much all I care about. I am being evaluated today, but that isn't what really interests me...more job postings are coming out at work...:) I am praying that there is something worth applying to (and then I will be praying that I get an interview, and then that I get the job, etc...)

That's it, I had better get myself in order for the day...have a great Friday ladies...

Re: Bonjour! C'est Vendredi!

• Options
    YAYAYAYAY FRDIAY! 

I hope your BBQ works out, Number.  We have one planned for Sunday and it's supposed to be hot, but somewhat cloudy :\.

I'm just glad the week is done.
  • Options
    Morning! I can't wait for the 3-day weekend. I'm gonna do a whole lot of nothing except write and watch movies. OK, and laundry but that doesn't count. Hopefully today goes by fast, we actually have a little work to do so that should help pass the time quicker.
  • Options
    Good morning!

So glad it's a three day weekend. I actually get to spend time with my DH! Yay!!

Hope everyone has good weather for the weekend!
    The Happiest 5K on the Planet! Color Run 2012
    "I think the threat of 'You've ticked off The Brides!' might do it." Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    I hope you get to have you BBQ, Number.  We're having one Sunday and it's supposed to pour, blah.

Good morning!  I am so glad it's a three day weekend.  H,  my brother and my dad are hanging out Saturday for my Brother's birthday and then H is going to a poker night with some of the guys he used to work with Saturday night.  I'm birthday shopping with my mom and then I am going to come home and attempt to make....  a rug.  I'm pretty exited about it.  I actually couldn't fall asleep last night because I'm so looking forward to it.  It was like that feeling I used to get the night before Christmas when I was a kid lol.  I'm weird.

Have a great day everyone!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Good morning! 

Today we move, tomorrow the cable guy comes. It's going to be  busy couple of days.  On Monday, we're going down to FI's parents to return their truck and probably hang out for a bit. 

Shay-What kind of rug?! That sounds fun, but I wouldn't be able to do it! Im not nearly crafty enough! I want to see when you finish!
  • Options
    :yawn: i r tired.... my patients wore me out last night!! oi! lol

on another train of thought, on the way down to my car, i giggled to myself

BabyFruit Ticker
    Anniversary
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    ohhh a rug, shay? Do you have a design in mind? (Do they make rug patterns?) I'm intrigued, tell me more!

Morning ladies :) I took today off of work, so I have an extra extra long weekend.  My sister is graduating from HS on Sunday, so we're heading home to WI.  I have a ton to do this morning first though (pick up my allergy drugs, run back to campus (work) to get my contacts, drop off some packages at FedEX.)  Then douchedog gets to go hang out at the boarding place for 4 days :) He absolutely loves it there; he's so spoiled.
  • Options
    Oh, and for anyone who read through the end of the thread last night (I just finished), here's another hilarious cat video. It was one of them in that montage posted, but this one has British narration!

• Options
    edited May 2011
    Well, I'm going to do it one of two ways depending on what I supplies I can find in my itty bitty town, lol.  I'm either going to buy a white and green chevron pattern, thick canvas fabric, a drop cloth and a no-slide rug thingy (that's a technical term btw) and sew it.  Then scotch guard the helll out of it.   Or I'm going to buy a flat woven area rug paint it white and then tape out the chevron pattern and paint it a green similar to my kitchen color.  My goal it to make an area rug for under $100, because all the ones I find that I like are over $500 and that's just not happening lol.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    marateamaratea member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    Woot! It's Friday! I'm on the brink of a 4-day weekend and just have to get through today. Tomorrow night is my cousin's bachelorette party and it's gonna be crazy. Sunday will be recovery and watching the Indy 500 (100th anniversary!), then Monday my family is having a cookout.
  • Options
    raynesraynes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Wahoo!  Friday!  This week has gone by really fast, but I've been soooo busy, I guess that's expected.

I had a very happy morning with a great weigh in.  Apparently if you're consistent, and stick to a plan, you can actually lose weight!  Weird, right?

No long weekend here, but that's ok, because I had a 4.5 day weekend last week.

Shay, your rug plan sounds fun!  I agree that rugs are far too expensive.  Like seriously, something you walk on should not cost that much.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_bonjour-cest-vendredi?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f82122f2-7f4c-4167-b992-785c603257fbPost:808d4a74-22cd-4506-b01c-f5bf52ad45c2">Re: Bonjour! C'est Vendredi!</a>:
    [QUOTE] I had a very happy morning with a great weigh in.  Apparently if you're consistent, and stick to a plan, you can actually lose weight!  Weird, right?
    Posted by raynes[/QUOTE]

<div>Was yesterday your largest deficit day? Today is mine so tomorrow is my big weigh-in is tomorrow but I already know it is going to be good! I am actually really amazed by how much I have lost, I am figuring at least some of it has to be water weight or something...</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_bonjour-cest-vendredi?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f82122f2-7f4c-4167-b992-785c603257fbPost:808d4a74-22cd-4506-b01c-f5bf52ad45c2">Re: Bonjour! C'est Vendredi!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wahoo!  Friday!  This week has gone by really fast, but I've been soooo busy, I guess that's expected. I had a very happy morning with a great weigh in.  Apparently if you're consistent, and stick to a plan, you can actually lose weight!  Weird, right? No long weekend here, but that's ok, because I had a 4.5 day weekend last week. Shay, your rug plan sounds fun!  I<strong> agree that rugs are far too expensive. </strong> Like seriously, something you walk on should not cost that much.
    Posted by raynes[/QUOTE]

<div>Yes. Even to get one at wal mart is almost $70. </div>
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Yes Raynes, I completely agree that they are too expensive.  Especially the kind I want.  I want a flat woven rug.  It's like an outdoor freakin' rug, why is it $500 for a 5x8?
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    HR just came around and gave everyone banana pens in "celebration" of our new partner. I've never had a banana pen before. I like it.

We need a new rug for the living room, but no way am I paying for one right now. I can't decide if it's ruined or if we can fix it, but there are 4 or 5 spots where it is lifted up along the edge, because H crumpled it with his work chair and now it won't lay flat. Even setting heavy stuff on it doesn't flatten it out. It's really annoying.
  • Options
    We have a black shag run from Ikea. I love it but I also hate it. EVERYTHING shows up on it. EVERYTHING. Never again. But it was cheap...like $70?
  • Options
    Yeah our area rug is mainly black and I hate it.  I was an idiot to buy it having three dogs.  It shows absolutely everything and I cannot stand it.  Hopefully, my weekend craft project will be a success and the black rug can be moved to the dining area where we never hang out, so it will not get dirty lol
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    raynesraynes member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_bonjour-cest-vendredi?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f82122f2-7f4c-4167-b992-785c603257fbPost:1aee6ba1-11a7-48ed-9c49-8c021d245535">Re: Bonjour! C'est Vendredi!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bonjour! C'est Vendredi! : Was yesterday your largest deficit day? Today is mine so tomorrow is my big weigh-in is tomorrow but I already know it is going to be good! I am actually really amazed by how much I have lost, I am figuring at least some of it has to be water weight or something...
    Posted by number55[/QUOTE]

Yes it was.  And it wasnt' even that hard.  Just knowing that I would get to eat a lot today made it so much easier.  I even went for an hour long walk.

shay, do you follow Young House Love?  They are the masters at home decor for the cheap.  I'm fairly certain they've got a woven rug in their place....
  • Options
    Raynes, I check YHL out every once in a while.  I actually want and came close to buying that green rug in their living room but realized that style with my dogs would probably be a really bad combination.  I generally like what they do, but those horse prints they put in their master are just totally not doing it for me.  I just don't get that lol.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    marateamaratea member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_bonjour-cest-vendredi?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f82122f2-7f4c-4167-b992-785c603257fbPost:468fa895-ab58-481a-9482-806663a16374">Re: Bonjour! C'est Vendredi!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Raynes, I check YHL out every once in a while.  I actually want and came close to buying that green rug in their living room but realized that style with my dogs would probably be a really bad combination. <strong> I generally like what they do, but those horse prints they put in their master are just totally not doing it for me. </strong> I just don't get that lol.
    Posted by shaydenise[/QUOTE]
    Right?! I saw that and was like 'oh dear lord no.' There has to be better artwork or prints out there for their MB.
  • Options
    raynesraynes member
    Yeah, the horse prints are NMS either.  I do, however, LOVE that wall colour.
  • Options
    They just do not go with that room at all.

That paint color is pretty fabulous.  I'm thinking about painting our master that color.  I can't tell H though.  I've gotten in the habit of painting our master bedroom every summer and I think if I told him I wanted to do it again he'd flip out lol.  I'll just do it one day when he isn't home and say "Surprise!!  Look what I did for YOU!" lol
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    LesPaulLesPaul member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    Good morning, ladies.
    We have a dumpster in the driveway, so the pile 'o lumber that used to be our deck will be going in there.  Then we prep the yard for the patio and planters.  We're using 16" x 16" pavers, with everything ground level, so we won't have to worry about rotting joists again.  I'm excited to finally make some progress.

Tomorrow is my daughter's graduation party, and also a (minor league) baseball game, and DH is smoking a yummy pork roast, so we're getting ready for a good weekend.  As long as I get out of here at a decent hour today I'll be fine.  We have a deadline Tuesday that we're trying to get taken care of today, so I'm hoping for some good news this morning that I can file the reports with the government now rather than Tuesday.

Have a great day, everyone!
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Morning all!

This is going to be a good day. Nothing was wrong with Max yesterday (small scare), I came in a half hour early to help a coworker, and am taking half a day off, so now I get to leave at 11:30 and meet John for lunch (we were going out for lunch anyway).

Then he's doing a Bagger's Ride this weekend, and I'll be - so active I can't stand it. Yeah. I'll be watching videos, maybe doing some housework after I drop him off Saturday. Then we'll do something fun on Monday.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    Morning Lovely ladies!

Today the new flooring is getting delivered, so it can get used to the house. Weird, sounds like a new pet or something. Hopefully it will get laid next week (thats what he said).

The office is extremely quiet there are only 3 of us here today, which is good I am so tired. We went to see Bob Seger in concert last night and didnt get home till midnight. Great Show! He did 3 encores and they sounded great.

Tomorrow is a cookout with the neighbors, if it rains we will be inside. But we hope to get some gardening done. And get our new tree planted.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Morning! I'm exhausted. That's pretty much all I have to say..
  • Options
    Hi all...

My week from hell has come to an end, BUT today starts the wedding festivities! We're all packed and ready to go on the HM (cruise to the Bahamas) and we'll be heading for our hotel soon.

I can't believe how the time has flown...

I hope everyone has a fantastic, BBQ filled weekend. Thats about the only thing we won't be doing, sadly.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_bonjour-cest-vendredi?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:f82122f2-7f4c-4167-b992-785c603257fbPost:c2535736-729e-4bc5-af7d-47a7b7bc61c0">Re: Bonjour! C'est Vendredi!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi all... My week from hell has come to an end,<strong> BUT today starts the wedding festivities! </strong>We're all packed and ready to go on the HM (cruise to the Bahamas) and we'll be heading for our hotel soon. I can't believe how the time has flown... I hope everyone has a fantastic, BBQ filled weekend. Thats about the only thing we won't be doing, sadly.
    Posted by threepinkroses[/QUOTE]

Have a great day TPR!
  • Options
    Ahhh. Friday!

Work is killing me, so being able to work from home today and Monday at my liesure is awesome. Not having to be dressed while I'm working it s a godsend.

Life Updates: Little sister comes home from Ghana on Tuesday. I probably won't see her until Christmas, but I'm excited to have her home. If she was flying in on Monday I would have driven to Houston to meet her plane. 

My dad is riding in the big veterans motorcycle club rally tour thing that is touring the country. He started in La. (where he lives) earlier this week and they have collected about 500 bikers so far. They were in Salem, VA last night and had one more day to get to DC. They have been touring VA hospitals and talking to school children, but the part I'm most proud of is his ability to ride in a group of 500 bikes with no one dying, and the fact that he's actually wearing his friggin helmet! (or at least that's what he tells me). 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    K&J64K&J64 member
    First Comment
    Top of the mornin' to ya lassies.

I love and hate rugs at the same time. I hate that they're so expensive, I love how beautiful they can be.  The fact that a "reasonably priced" rug is considered to be under $500 is nuts. I do love my rug in my dining room, it's fantastic and makes me happy every time I see it. It needs a good cleaning on the one corner that gets heavier foot traffic though. I used to love my living room rug, until Abbey's rawhide started to mess it up. Raw hide chewing + predominantly dark brown rug = yuck.

I'm the only one in my group in the office today. I must be productive though so have a great one ladies!

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards