Snarky Brides
Options

Morning

Sup ladies?

I am about to go get bloodwork done. I have been fasting since 7, which was weak but I mean not as difficult as my doctor condescendingly implied I would find it, since you know I am obviously so fat that I cant stop eating. Im in a mega bitter mood today, about all of that, other stuff, everything. This bad mood seems to be persisting but whatever. Atleast I get to go into work later today, and wednesday, for appointments.

What is everyone's monday looking like?

Re: Morning

• Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    OH and holyshitmadmen lastnight?!?! Without giving it away, don has some fucking ISSUES or took a bad batch of nyquil. But peggy and joanie rock my world.
  • Options
    Good Morning ladies! I knew we'd be majorly short-staffed this week, which means I wouldn't be able to work out on my normal schedule, so I decided to get up extra early this morning (4am) and get a good workout in before the workday began. It felt great being one of the only people in the gym, and it put me in a great mood since I went to bed at like 8pm last night (sorry, no Mad Men for me, but it's on my DVR).
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Options
    Morning. I had some crazy fvcked up zombie dreams last night. First I was traveling with family, then trapped at a school, then at a bank, and zombies were everywhere. But they were functioning zombies. I mean, they killed everyone, but they also went about their daily lives. And, I could fly, so that's how I got away. Then I was stuck in a gym room with people from high school, and one of the old art teachers was walking around naked.

Whisky goes to the vet today at 4, which is good because I need medine refills again and he's been throwing up a little. He's not gonna be a happy campter tonight.
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    lol sesh, that does sound fucked up, but sorta awesome.
  • Options
    Morning,
    I'm super tired today and not looking forward to all of the work that I need to get done. Michael left for Lake Erie again last night, so I'll have the house to myself again this week. It kind of sucks, but it's also kind of nice since I've felt like absolute shiit for the past couple of weeks. I can lay around and not have to think about anything.

I also have to run over to our CU this morning and fix some shiit they screwed up this weekend. I deposited Michael's check on Saturday morning and they put it in the wrong account. So now someone with the same name as my H has a crap ton of our money. I hope they don't give me too much of a hard time about fixing it because I'll lose my mind. 

Hope you get some good news from your blood work, Nebb.
    And Happy Anniversary, jcb!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    celticmysscelticmyss member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2012
    Morning. I just checked the weather for my trip to San Diego later this week. It will practically be colder there than here, wtf California. 

I have a lot of stuff to do before I leave, including catching up on the last two mad Men! 

FH ended up not having to work today so he was fast asleep on the couch with the dog when I left this morning. I was quite jealous. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Morning all!

I had a craptastic day on Friday and I'm hoping today will be nothing short of wonderful.  I finally got the mockups for my invitations emailed to me so now it's just choosing the best out of the three.  Everyone around me is so shocked that I am doing literally nothing in the wedding planning department.  My mother tried to light a fire under my ass this weekend but I think that pretty much fizzled out overnight.
  • Options
    chelseamb11chelseamb11 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited April 2012
    Aw poor Whisky! I hope he feels better Sesh!

I feel like such a loser.  It's spring break and I was awake by 7:20.  We had a good Easter weekend though, visiting family and everything.  I got to see two of my BMs and another friend on Saturday, one of which I see maybe 2-3 times per year tops, so that was really nice.  Last night FI and I watched Seven Pounds.. not sure how I feel about it.  I have a feeling it's one of those movies I don't like right away but in a few months I'll wanna watch it again and I'll like it the second time around.
  • Options
    Good morning!  It's ridiculously smoky here this morning (Sesh, are you guys getting any of it?).  It was bad yesterday but today is even worse.  I was mad at H for taking the interstate to work after all that shiiit that happened last time it was smoky.  He said it wasn't bad on the interstate but he may have just said that to make me feel better.  I hate when it's like this because I know it irritates his lungs.  

Speaking of which, we're in the market for a new air purifier if anyone has any recs?

Not too much happening today.  I'm trying to enroll in a new retirement plan and it's making me feel really stupid because there are just so many different choices and I don't know how to pick the best one... 

Gah happy Monday.  Happy Monday, indeed.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Shay is there a big fire down there, I take it? Any word how it started?
  • Options
    dmiller9274dmiller9274 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited April 2012
    We planned to save our cake, but it was so freaking good that we got into it the day after the wedding :) I don't like to keep things in the freezer for too long, so I doubt we would have eaten it a year later anyway. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-90?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f8ba422b-ba84-4c1a-8d6c-0ca7a0b6e588Post:92315d46-402b-432e-8759-06d5e1aad046">Re: Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks DMil!  Those were the words I woke up to this morning.  My H is a super-sap.  Anyone actually eat their wedding cake on their first anni?  We saved ours and it's thawing in our fridge.  I hope it's not disgusting.  I'm wearing black and gold today and feel like a bumblebee (Edie!). Sesh, your dream sounds...interesting... Hi Chels!
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

Hi :)
    Any fun plans tonight?? Besides hopefully yummy cake of course ;)
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Chels, there's a brush fire somewhere north of where I live.  We get quite a few this time of year.  

ETA:  The huge accident (well, string of accidents) that happened back in January near where I live was because of the same kind of thing.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I really liked Seven Pounds, chels. I went into it already knowing what was going to happen (previews made it kind of obvious), but I thought it was really well done.

Nebb, it was kind of awesome, and kind of stupid. I was all having a panic attack in my dream because I needed to go to the bank and deposit some money, but the stupid zombies were taking forever to make their transactions. And getting lost in the school was lame because I knew where I was and the room just kept turning itself around on me. I hate when I know I'm dreaming but can't control anything.
  • Options
    Shay, it was pretty hazy yesterday in some parts of town. This morning I definitely smelled smoke when I was leaving but I actually thought H was burning something in his firepit since he was up working all night. I didn't realize there were fires around us.
  • Options
    We saved the top tier of our wedding cake and plan on eating it on our anniversary. We had so much leftover that I'd say over half of it wound up coming back to the IL's house and we snacked on it for a few days before we left to fly home. It was delicious. I'm already looking forward to it, and our anniversary isn't until Memorial Day weekend.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Options
    Morning!

GL w/ blood work Nebb, hopefully they can get your shiit figured out.

This is my last week of work, and that's just nutso.  Lots to do!  I've been having weird ass dreams this week too, like, we went to Home Depot to exchange our lawn mower because it wasnt' working, and somehow also got an ultrasound that showed little Chewy was already 10 lbs. 

Last night Derek hooked up the plumbing to the new kitchen!  So, we can now run the water, we just don't have anywhere for it to drain to.  Well, except the bucket under the sink.  Not a permanent solution.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    re: cake, our cake was so freaking tasty that it all was eaten at the recpetion.  We did, however, order a replica of the top tier for our anniversary.  Super duper tasty. 
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-90?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f8ba422b-ba84-4c1a-8d6c-0ca7a0b6e588Post:92315d46-402b-432e-8759-06d5e1aad046">Re: Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks DMil!  Those were the words I woke up to this morning.  My H is a super-sap. <strong> Anyone actually eat their wedding cake on their first anni?</strong>  We saved ours and it's thawing in our fridge.  I hope it's not disgusting.  I'm wearing black and gold today and feel like a bumblebee (Edie!). Sesh, your dream sounds...interesting... Hi Chels!
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

<div>Nope.  Ours ended up sitting out all night because we all forgot to put it in the freezer.  My mom had a cake made for us, so I have to go pick it up some time tonight.  Happy anniversary!</div>
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    Raynes, you're getting so close! You must be so excited
  • Options
    Sesh, that's good that it isn't too bad up there.  I just read an article that said the fires are right near my county so you guys probably won't get too much smoke.

We still have cake left over.  We ate our top tier on our anniversary (and it was fabulous, btw) but there are still two huge tupperware containers full of cake in our freezer.  One of these days I'll throw it out ha.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Good morning, all! Only a half day for me but I have so much stuff to do at work and outside of work that I don't even think I can enjoy it. Oh well, here goes Monday!

Re: zombie dreams - I have NEVER thought about zombies until SB. I also had a zombie dream Friday night but they were "good" zombies? a little kid was drowning and the zombies brought the  kid back to life. So they probably weren't zombies, but I woke up like WTF.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Happy anniversary to you too Adamar!
  • Options
    Our cake was gross on our 1-year. I guess we didn't seal it properly or something.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-90?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:f8ba422b-ba84-4c1a-8d6c-0ca7a0b6e588Post:816f1716-6fde-4c4a-a2f2-851acf0580bc">Re: Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our cake was gross on our 1-year. I guess we didn't seal it properly or something.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

<div>I've heard it ends up being pretty gross regardless, which is really only what one can expect eating year old cake.</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>Morning guys! I'm so glad I don't work until ten today. Emily's flight from Dallas was supposed to get in at 8:30 last night, then it was delayed until 9:30, then 11, then 11:30. We didn't get home and to bed until almost 3 am, and I couldn't rememeber when I worked, so I had to drive H in at 8 because I e-mailed him my schedule, so he could text it to me. I predict a lunch time nap.</div>
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    dj - I have really enjoyed mad men this season, all of the episodes. I am loving just seeing where everyone is headed, their imagery, and how things are starting out. Not every episode can be the emmy winning powerhouse that I think people think every episode is supposed to be. some episodes have to be building episodes.
  • Options
    Happy anniversary, JCB and Adamar! And good morning to everyone.

We took out top tier home with is and ate the entire thing within 5 days.  It was glorious.  For our 1 year anniversary my mom tried to replicate it and she did a pretty damn good job.  It was pink champagne cake with raspberry filling and buttercream frosting.  A year and a half after the wedding I still get comments about how good the cake was. 

Annnd now I want cake. 

• Options
    Thanks guys!  We saved the cake toppers, but that's about it.  We took the leftover key lime tarts to the music festival we went to the weekend after the wedding.  They made for some delicious munchie food.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    You all have me hungry for cake!  No bueno.
  • Options
    Happy Anniversary Ladies!

Monday has ruined my morning again, I did not want to get up this morning. We had 2 mini cakes (since there were only 4 of us), one was white cake for H the other was chocolate with raspberry filling. It would not have lasted the trip back home to Ohio from SC, so we showed it mercy and ate them both. Anytime you can get a cake from Publix, do it, delish!

I was too tired to finish the Mad Men 2 hour premiere. We watched an hour, then switched to The Killing, and was asleep by 10.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards