Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

At what point...

Did you stop caring about the planning/details. Was there a specific project you were working on?Mine was when I was printing the invitations. Should have been easy but it was a PITA. I haven't cared too much after that 8 hour project.

Re: At what point...

• Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Favors, definitely.  I cannot believe I ended up doing them.  I really wished I had listened to the hundreds of brides on TK that said don't worry about them.  A candy buffet was plenty, PLENTY!!  I'm an idiot.
  • Options
    lyndie_bethlyndie_beth member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I get a rubber cement high almost every night while making my personalized water bottles. I'm starting to lose interest but I'm trying to take it one project at a time.
  • Options
    TCUESW1999TCUESW1999 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm 40 days out. I have no guest book, the songs listed to play for the band, gifts for the appropriate people, haven't taken bridal pics, and the list goes on. I am tired. I kind of pooped out after I sent the massive list of invitations to everyone. It took me HOURS to get them done. Steph, I was going to do favors because I have the round tulle peices to put stuff in and I decided not to since I am having the candy bar. I wonder why I am even doing it sometimes because we aren't having kids at the wedding.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    TCU, I am not having kids either and I'm doing one.  I polled my guests and they can't wait.  It goes over pretty big and the adults will love it.
  • Options
    TCUESW1999TCUESW1999 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is good to know. I know that we talked about how candy much per person, I think it was something like 1/4lb or 1/2 lb. I am going lower than that since alot of OOT are not coming and I don't want a bunch of candy left because I will eat it.
  • Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Any time I was dealing with my ILs when it came to the rehearsal dinner or the morning after breakfast. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    TCU, I'm going closer to 1/4 lb. because I don't want a ton left over either.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto Julie pretty much!  I'm in the middle of invitations right now and I could care less at  the moment because that involves me doing something and I have no energy to put towards it right now.
  • Options
    mugrad01mugrad01 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm dealing with program drama and about ready to chuck it all. 19 days to go. Very much looking forward to having it here and the endless details done!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm there now - 25 days to go. I don't care about the slide show anymore so I will probably just throw something together. I'm going to do programs but just can't find the motivation to do them. I don't care about what our "special dances" are, I don't care if I don't have an MOH, I don't care where everyone is going to stay now that we are selling the house and scheduled to close/move out the weekend before the wedding. Don't care is an understatement right now.
  • Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also got to the point where I just kept saying "We don't need that".  We didn't need a slide show.  We didn't need the reception to be planned out to the second.  It really just meant that I didn't have time to do it.  I was moving too and we had to pack up most of the apt.  In the end, I just kept saying "It doesn't matter because we'll still be married on the 9th".
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Julie, I think I'm about there too.  Like my wedding won't be complete without a bathroom basket?  Puhleese.I guess we all get there sooner or later.  Lindsay, hang in there!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think probably 2 or 3 weeks out. There were a lot of things that "went wrong" and I started thinking everything else was going down the drain anyway. People would ask if I was excited and I said "I'm just ready to get this thing over with!"
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    About 3 weeks out when I realized I truly did not have enough time for all of it. I finished the program design the night before the wedding after the rehearsal and my niece folded all of them the morning of the wedding. I canned any thoughts of OOT bags, bathroom baskets and misc. like that well before that!
  • Options
    mandasue178mandasue178 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mine was at about a month and a half. I just didn't want to do anything any more. Which is why my programs didn't get printed until the week before and didn't have ribbon until 2 days before. I also started scrapping ideas the closer it got, and I'm so glad I did!
    Becoming My Mother
    Names for our Currently Non-Existent Baby Anniversary
    Dx: PCOS 3/11
    **TTC buddies with Browneyedhunni85**
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards