Snarky Brides

Monday

Good Morning everyone.

How was your weekends?
I see Friday went well by looking at the CC board.

My car broke this weekend so FI had to drive me in and I am almost the only contractor here. I should have called in.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary

Re: Monday

• Good morning apple! I'm in meetings all day, which makes for a long Monday. Have a great day!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Morning!

I had a full weekend. Saturday I went into NYC to go wedding dress shopping with my future sister-in-law. The city was insane, filled with lots drunk people wearing green. We took mass transit to get there and it was totally crazy trying to get home later in the day. Never again will I make the mistake of going into the city on the day of the parade. Aside from that, dress shopping was fun. My FSIL found two really pretty dresses, but each are completely different styles. I think she's torn on which way she wants to go. 

While the girls were dress shopping, H and my FIL painted our kitchen and dining room a really nice shade of sage green. It looks awesome and I'm so happy with how it turned out! 

On Sunday I made corned beef for the first time. It came out great and I'm looking forward to leftovers of it tonight. 
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
    Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Awe have fun in meetings Angel.

That sounds like fun! I really want to paint our house but FI likes plain walls. It makes me want to cry lol. not really but I will for sure paint my library.
  • Apple, definitely try to convince your FI to paint the walls! It's amazing how paint, even a light a color, can change a room and make it feel more homey. Our whole house was beige on beige when we bought it. Now that we've painted the kitchen, we've painted every single room in the house and it has made such a difference. Our final painting task will be painting all the trim white, because even the trim color was beige. A crisp white will make everything pop.

Sorry about your car, Apple! Is it anything major?

Tonight we're going BB&B to look for curtains to put up in the dining room. We have sliding doors that go out to our deck from the dining room that used to have these really ugly beige vertical blinds. When we painted we took them down and are finally going to get something new. I'm so happy about that because I hated them! 

Have fun in your meetings, Angel! 
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • the back left break is stuck down.. I don't know how major that will be.

I would looove to paint. our house is beige on beige. It drives me insane!
    I want my library to be grey with my white bookshelves and stuff I think it will look cute.
  • Good morning!

I am going to sit around and watch Judge Judy, drink some coffee & hang out on the internets. Around 1pm, I am going to go to the Brewerie to apply for a job. Its just a servers job, 11a-4p 3 days a week, more hours if you want. Actually, the position is currently held by my FSIL. She said she makes good money there. I dont even really care, because FI makes enough to pay all the bills. Whatever money I make will be for saving, and ocassionally spending. Well, my FSIL works today and reccommended I come in after the lunch rush. I am glad she is going to be there! Hopefully I will be able to talk to someone right away. I actually kinda really want this job. Atleast until after the wedding, or until I find something I really love doing. I just want the job because for part time, those hours are awesome.

Otherwise, not much going on today. I never did make the  pretzel chicken last week, so maybe Ill do that tonight.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sierra, what brewery? I love beer. Well, loved. I can't drink it anymore :( 

Pretzel chicken sounds delicious. What is it? 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_monday-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:fe396fef-dc09-4dd6-8a43-02a02e50dedbPost:5a15bc10-3c6e-47e6-aa80-32b8cfd0ca18">Re: Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sierra, what brewery? I love beer. Well, loved. I can't drink it anymore :(  Pretzel chicken sounds delicious. What is it? 
    Posted by B2Z728[/QUOTE]

Oh its just called The Brewerie at Union Station. Its a restaraunt and brewerie. Its really good. & pretzel chicken is breaded chicken, but instead of bread crumbs, you mix panko and crushed up pretzel. Its good with honey mustard!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_monday-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:fe396fef-dc09-4dd6-8a43-02a02e50dedbPost:40af91f2-6ba0-4ffa-aba5-ac0be7b75d12">Re: Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Monday : Oh its just called The Brewerie at Union Station. Its a restaraunt and brewerie. Its really good. & pretzel chicken is breaded chicken, but instead of bread crumbs, you mix panko and crushed up pretzel. Its good with honey mustard!
    Posted by Sierra524[/QUOTE]

<div>I was bored, so I googled it. It looks like a cool place. Good luck on the interview!</div><div>
    </div><div>The chicken sounds great, unfortunately I can't eat that either. I've recently gone GF so many things are off limits to me now. Oh well. Enjoy the chicken for me! </div>

• Sierra524Sierra524 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_monday-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:fe396fef-dc09-4dd6-8a43-02a02e50dedbPost:15088707-eb8b-4c52-97e7-1a7d2bcb3e7b">Re: Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Monday : I was bored, so I googled it. It looks like a cool place. Good luck on the interview! The chicken sounds great, unfortunately I can't eat that either. I've recently gone GF so many things are off limits to me now. Oh well. Enjoy the chicken for me! 
    Posted by B2Z728[/QUOTE]

They do awesome weddings there. I actually considered having ours there, but it was out of budget.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Good morning! My day is full today even though it is a day off.... I have a doctor's appointment at noon, lunch with a friend, a skicare consultation this afternoon and between all that I have to pick up a bridal shower gift for my future SIL who is one of the awesomest people in the world in my book Smile For those who have talked to me on here today is the day that I hopefully find some resolution to an ongoing issue with my health. I am just hoping that the issue can be fixed and that I do not have to live in pain...
  • Kids did really well at drama festival - we were the runners-up. We won an award for ensemble performance, one student won best supporting male role, and another won an award for improv. All in all, a success, even if they were disappointed that we don't get to travel to the provincial competition.

On Saturday (just before heading to the closing awards ceremony), I threw out my back. I was lifting something and twisted the wrong way. There were a lot of heating pads and lying still, and I'm now almost as good as new.

Sierra, I paid for my entire first wedding by serving tables for one summer. It's tiring, but awesome. Good luck!

Hope it works out for you Starchy!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • tlc35tlc35 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    Sierra I understand how you feel about having a job. I feel kinda useless not having a job. It doesn't help that I am not domestic at all and I feel like I should be doing cooking and cleaning stuff which I suck at and don't like. I haven't worked since last August and I am hopefully starting this temporary job next Monday. I really hope there are no more road blocks.
  • Hi! I'm absolutely wore out today. We had a great time at ComicCon, but could have used a day or two to recover. H is on spring break, the turkey.
  • Buzz, try it with Glutino pretzels and GF breadcrumbs. That recipe could be easily adapted! I've been GF for over 2 years, it gets a lot easier!

• B2Z728B2Z728 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited March 2013
    Jenny, congrats to you and your students! Sorry about your back but fortunately it seems like you are recovering quickly. 

Starchy, good luck with starting to feel better!

Angel, thanks for the tips! I didn't know there were GF pretzels, I'll have to keep an eye out for them. I went to the GF section of my food store and bought some easy snacks for myself for when I really need to grab something quick, rather than make myself something. Most of my at home cooking will be easy enough for meals since I cook often. I think the hardest part for me will be going out to eat and traveling. I love food, was never a picky eater, and have never had major food restrictions before, so this will be an adjustment. I don't have celiac, but I know that I have sensitivities to gluten in various ways, so I'm trying to go gluten free for awhile to see how much of difference it makes. If I feel much better after a several months, I'm going to stick with it for good. 

• edited March 2013
    My weekend was uneventful. I'm a freelancer, and my boyfriend works weekends, so I spend Saturday and Sunday getting lots of work done. It's my second year living in England, and I have yet to experience an authentic St. Patrick's Day. (I know it's an Irish holiday, but the British do it up big time, too).

So, I didn't come into this thread to whinge; I really just replied to this threat to tell you, tlc35, that your venue is gorgeous! The picture in your signature is stunning!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_monday-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:fe396fef-dc09-4dd6-8a43-02a02e50dedbPost:eba98b85-1371-4c38-b591-a054565d6b08">Re:Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sierra I understand how you feel about having a job. I feel kinda useless not having a job. It doesn't help that I am not domestic at all and I feel like I should be doing cooking and cleaning stuff which I suck at and don't like. I haven't worked since last August and I am hopefully starting this temporary job next Monday. I really hope there are no more road blocks.
    Posted by tlc35[/QUOTE]
  • Buzz, that's how I started out too. I went GF, lost 15 pounds in 4 months, my asthma went away and I had SO much more energy. I decided not to go back on gluten to get the celiac test done, not worth it! Eating out can still be little rough, but I'm getting used to it. My favorite online resource is Gluten Free on a Shoestring, she's awesome! Let me know what you think!

• tlc35tlc35 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    Thanks perfect!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards