Snarky Brides
Options

All I ever find are junky old bracelets and random dishes at these things.

Re: All I ever find are junky old bracelets and random dishes at these things.

• Options
    What a lucky bastard! That's incredible. I bet the people who had the garage sale would like to kick their own asses.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Options
    That makes me feel so bad for the garage sale people.
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • Options
    I know, right? I'd at least go give the poor previous owner the $25 I talked off the original price.
  • Options
    That lucky sonofabitch.

The last garage sale I went to I bought ten cds for a quarter apiece, two of which ended up being too scratched to play.  And I thought I made a good deal.  Eff.
    panther
  • Options
    I don't have the best garage sale luck. Once I thought I was getting a great deal on a Kate Spade bag and realized it was a knock-off when I got home.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ever-junky-old-bracelets-random-dishes-things?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:fe8f054d-b44a-4ac8-822f-75c5840ede7ePost:9d73fea0-ace3-42eb-8ce9-8bb69dddeb06">Re: All I ever find are junky old bracelets and random dishes at these things.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know, right? I'd at least go give the poor previous owner the $25 I talked off the original price.
    Posted by BecW2be[/QUOTE]

I'd like to think I'd at least give them a million.  Maybe.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    Ugh, I always hunt for stuff like that and find nothing. Maybe I need to garage sale more often. I'm also always, always on the hunt for hidden drawers a la Nancy Drew <3.
  • Options
    If I had 200 million dooooollars... I'd be rich.

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    I think the people who find this stuff are just meticulous about scrounging at every yard sale/estate sale/flea market they can and hoping to find something.
  • Options
    I'd kill for that much talent.
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    I found the most awesome thing at a yardsale once. It was a pair of plastic teeth (like chatter teeth) on a set of tongs. I named it francine and it was my most favourite thing for many years... and then I moved in with my stupid husband and promptly lost it.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ever-junky-old-bracelets-random-dishes-things?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:fe8f054d-b44a-4ac8-822f-75c5840ede7ePost:9c32ea7f-9512-4db8-8de8-188af8539a05">Re: All I ever find are junky old bracelets and random dishes at these things.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I found the most awesome thing at a yardsale once. It was a pair of plastic teeth (like chatter teeth) on a set of tongs. <strong>I named it francine</strong> and it was my most favourite thing for many years... and then I moved in with my stupid husband and promptly lost it.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

I love this. Please tell me you used them for cooking.

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    hahah no, they were kinda grungy (they had plastacine smeared on a few of the teeth - I called it tooth decay) so really she was just decoration and a great party companion.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ever-junky-old-bracelets-random-dishes-things?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:fe8f054d-b44a-4ac8-822f-75c5840ede7ePost:f89bde59-8c61-432c-86bb-c212a45deacb">Re: All I ever find are junky old bracelets and random dishes at these things.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'd kill for that much talent.
    Posted by jasmineh7777[/QUOTE]

That much talent in photography, or finding treasures at yard sales? :)

I never go to yard sales, but I love flea markets. And we have this junky little paper called IWANNA, where people sell their stuff. I once bought a china cabinet from this woman whose husband had bought it for her and she hated it because it didn't match her 1980s Coke-themed house. It was a 1960s marked original china cabinet worth about $1600. I paid $100. :) Once I saw it, I couldn't give her the cash and load that sucker up fast enough. God bless the bumpkins.
  • Options
    What! OMG!

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ever-junky-old-bracelets-random-dishes-things?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:fe8f054d-b44a-4ac8-822f-75c5840ede7ePost:a94ea8ad-e3de-48a9-94e2-afa044fcb307">Re: All I ever find are junky old bracelets and random dishes at these things.</a>:
    [QUOTE]hahah no, they were kinda grungy (they had plastacine smeared on a few of the teeth - I called it tooth decay) so really she was just decoration and a great party companion.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

Aw, that's too bad you lost them then. Did you name her Francine after the Mad Men character? I love Francine.

• Options
    NebbNebb member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ever-junky-old-bracelets-random-dishes-things?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:fe8f054d-b44a-4ac8-822f-75c5840ede7ePost:da1f965a-e3be-4458-8e8b-e39b99c642f9">Re: All I ever find are junky old bracelets and random dishes at these things.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: All I ever find are junky old bracelets and random dishes at these things. : Aw, that's too bad you lost them then. Did you name her Francine after the Mad Men character? I love Francine.
    Posted by beatlesgirl25[/QUOTE]

Oh mad men hadnt even been created yet, this was back almost 6 years ago.
  • Options
    It's like you just knew, Nebb.

• Options

And I thought the super-8 video camera I got for $10 (including a receipt from exactly 36 years ago) was awesome.

• Options
    My favorite garage sale find was a full set of Japanese dishes for $5. 8 cups, bowls, teapot, plates, and chop stick holders. I told the lady I would give her more, because it was probably worth a couple hundred bucks. She said they were a wedding present from her mil and she just got divorced, so take them. Sweeet.

I also got my full dining room set (table, 8 chairs, china cabinet) for $400 from my boss which I think it a huge steal. They are 10 years old but in near perfect condition.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards