Snarky Brides
Options

Anyone here?

Talk to me!  What's up? Is everyone busy watching the Olympics? :)  My mom came up to visit yesterday with my step-dad kind of last minute and it was actually really nice!  We went shopping (and spent way too much money), and my stepdad and H did a bunch of yard work.  But I'm seriously exhausted today now from running around.  I'm debating starting laundry, but that would require me to get off my butt. 

What's everyone up to? Do anything fun? Anyone want to share meal plans?

Re: Anyone here?

• Options
    Heeeey! I just got home. Tomorrow is the start of my last full full-time work week for...a while probably. I'm excited. 

We went up to H's parents' place to spend the weekend with them and his sisters. We went to a beer fest fundraiser thingie for the local bird conservatory that the ILs donate to, which was pretty cool. I still hate beer, but the food they had was really good. I'm starting to love barbeque. Then we went out for SIL's birthday, and now we're back home. 
  • Options
    Hey Steph.

We just got done with dinner...atomic chicken sausage. It was reallll spicy but I was a fan. Watching diving right now and then we're gonna go for a walk. I get to sleep in tomorrow so I'm excited and gonna stay up late.

You should probably not do laundry because getting up sounds yuck. Glad things went well with your mom's/Sdad's visit.

June 16, 2012
  • Options
    any- liking BBQ is kind of a requirement to be an American, so I'm glad you're being converted ;)

capone- no work tomorrow? Why do you get to sleep in? I'm jealous.
  • Options
    Yep no work! I had to get up before 6 for work all weekend though so I deserve it :) I drank too much on Friday night and Saturday morning was real rough.

Any I forget that you aren't from here originally. Jog my memory..where are you from?

June 16, 2012
  • Options
    Oh and I am pretty excited for this next weekend that I already want to talk about it. We are headed up to MI on Thursday night. My sister's birthday is on Monday (the 6th) and her boyfriend lives in New Jersey so my other sister and I convinced and bought (well she did) him a plane ticket to come and surprise her for the weekend! Then H and I are going to the Childish Gambino concert in Detroit and on Saturday we defend our beer pong tournament championship. It's gonna be a really fun time.
    June 16, 2012
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_anyone-here-19?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:feb7c788-63dc-40a0-9d62-aa1a8b66e234Post:ee36f76c-91b8-40e8-b1f0-66a2b06779ac">Re: Anyone here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yep no work! I had to get up before 6 for work all weekend though so I deserve it :) I drank too much on Friday night and Saturday morning was real rough. Any I forget that you aren't from here originally. Jog my memory..where are you from?
    Posted by acaponi87[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm Canadian =)</div>
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    I'm here. We just got done skyping with the grandbaby. I bought her a book to bring down with us next week and it had a hand puppet with 5 silly monkeys with it. So when the screen came up all she could see was the puppet it was so cute.

I cant wait to babysit her next week. We just had sandwiches for dinner since we had a late brunch. I'm not ready for work tomorrow. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    KD--she's fricken ADORABLE.

Any--which province?
    June 16, 2012
  • Options
    Also, Facebook just introduced me to a new term for fetus: womb-piggy. Thanks for that random pregnant coworker. /facepalm
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_anyone-here-19?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:feb7c788-63dc-40a0-9d62-aa1a8b66e234Post:accdb823-a637-451f-b800-b4adacad54df">Re: Anyone here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]KD--she's fricken ADORABLE. Any--which province?
    Posted by acaponi87[/QUOTE]

<div>Ontario, about two hours north of Toronto.</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_anyone-here-19?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:feb7c788-63dc-40a0-9d62-aa1a8b66e234Post:10c9ce31-f3fe-4592-814a-5d6c23fe6e33">Re: Anyone here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Also, Facebook just introduced me to a new term for fetus: <strong>womb-piggy</strong>. Thanks for that random pregnant coworker. /facepalm
    Posted by Anysunrise[/QUOTE]

What the hell does that even mean?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_anyone-here-19?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:feb7c788-63dc-40a0-9d62-aa1a8b66e234Post:fc25f29f-037c-4817-a77c-182ecfd5711f">Re: Anyone here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone here? : What the hell does that even mean?
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]

<div>I have no idea.</div>
  • Options
    ew to 'womb piggy'. wtf is wrong with people?

capone- that sounds like a fantastic weekend! How old is your sister going to be?
  • Options
    I'm sort of around. Packing, watching TV, maybe napping. I have no meal plan this week.
  • Options
    anna.oskaranna.oskar member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited July 2012
    Good Evening.

I had a great day.  Auntie Anne's pretzel, bacon burger at Ruby Tuesday, red velvet cupcake.  All gluten but so worth it.  I don't even mind the pain now.  Also, I got a spider plant!  i love those darn things and nobody i know had one that i could get cuttings off of so after 4 years of wanting one, my H picked me up one at Lowe's while we were dream-shopping for a riding mower.  Hopefully those suckers go on sale in the winter or something.  I want one.

Other than that we've just been tending the garden while I plan next year's garden layout in my head.  This year has been a learning experience with the horrible heat.  he only things truly thriving are my tomatoes that get a bit more shade because they're up by the house, my eggplant, my picklebush, and my gourds on the trellis.  Of course, if I decide against some of the more picky plants then next summer will be perfectly wonderful for them and I'll miss out.

Mealplan:

*italian sausage sandwiches with sauteed mushrooms on GF bread

*herb grilled chicken with snap peas

*pot roast with potatoes and carrots

*BBQ chicken breasts, steamed cauliflower and broccoli

*Brazilian Grill - all I can eat shrimp and meat

*Footlong corn dog, funnel cake, fried cheese curds, rootbeer, cotton candy, all I can drink milk, and maybe a deep fried twinkie or oreo.
  • Options
    I'm watching the Olympics, a little annoyed that True Blood is going  to interrupt it. H is cooking his dinner (some kind of bacon-wrapped steak) and I'm eating mine (mashed potatoes, cucumbers with ranch). I'm also eating gross cherries because my mom said it helps with arthritis pain. I still doubt her but I'm willing to try anything.

Other than that all i've done this weekend is read and write. I FINALLY made progress on my book and I'm pleased with myself.
  • Options
    Sesh- I think all berries are supposed to help? and flax seed I've heard (my coworkers were talking about it the other day.) I'm glad you've made progress on your book. I'm impatient!

KD- she's adorable!
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Oh, really? I do like strawberries and blueberries. I was bitching and moaning to my mom about it because I don't like cherries and I'll be damned if I haven't had any pain today. I doubt they work that fast (just started eating them yesterday) so it's either psychosomatic or I just am having a good day. Either way, I'm not telling her yet that she was right.

And I'm impatient too. I know exactly how it's going to end and I just want to get there already.
  • Options
    Hello!  I'm sewing and getting things ready for tomorrow.  I need to have gym clothes, work clothes, gym bag, coffee set, etc tonight to make the morning go smoother.  I hate Monday mornings.

I made the DIY laundry soap today, but I haven't used it yet.  My CW says it's great (and the supplies will make about 30 gallons for $20, so I'm excited about that).

We spent most of the day sending my daughter's BF off on deployment.  We're taking care of his truck while he's gone, so he needed a ride.  And of course, we got stuck in the 'hurry up and wait' cycle that the entire military runs on.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    My meal plan is a mixed bag this week, monday-wednesday I will be making dinners at home (and all we have in the freezer is chicken, so chicken it is!) and then thursday through sunday is fucking AWESOME RESTAURANTS IN MONTREAL!! The first night we are there we are going to an extremely expensive restaurant with a menu to die for. Im so excited. Thank god we plan to walk or take transit everywhere cause I plan to eat like its going out of style!

And now im going to finish my rainbow cake cakeballs that im bringing into work tomorrow.
  • Options
    aww Les- how's your daughter doing? That has to be hard :(

and what recipe did you use for the laundry detergent? I've been toying with the idea of making my own once ours runs out. Seems easy enough, but I've seen so many different combinations.
  • Options
    rainbow cakeballs? I want to see pictures!
  • Options
    No meal plan, really.  We made a huge crockpot of green chile stew overnight, so we will be eating that for most of our lunches this week.  I'm trying to use up what's in our freezer and pantry - I'm not good at freezer management.
  • Options
    She's taking it pretty hard, but it's supposed to be a relatively short deployment (home by Christmas?).  He's a really nice guy - DH and I like him a lot.

I used this recipe (recommended by my friend):  http://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/2012/01/complete-photo-guide-to-making-your-own.html It uses a bar of Fels Naptha soap, Borax, and Washing Soda.  It wasn't hard to make. 
  • Options
    Hi guys! I'm watching the Olympics too. I can't get enough of it. I also started The Newsroom today and really liked it. Les- sorry that she has to go through it. It sucks. Big time. Hopefully she'll get into a routine in the next few days. Does she have any friends going through the same thing? If not, I'd be happy to pass you my email if she needs someone to talk to about it. :-)
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    LesPaulLesPaul member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited July 2012
    Thanks, Hike, that's sweet of you.  She's friends with some of the GFs of her BF's buddies in his unit.  I'm going to make an effort to spend more time with her, which will be easy since she'll be home more.

Edited for clarity.
  • Options
    Hike, have you seen all episodes of the Newsroom yet? I kind of caught up today. I watched the second to last one, which was amazing, and started to watch last week's but my cable kept cutting out so finally I gave up and will try again later.
  • Options
    Good, I'm glad. :-) It'll soon become the normal, once the initial sadness wears off and before she knows it, it'll be Christmas.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Sesh- I just watched the first two today but I have the other ones t go for this week. I'm glad we have 3 free months of hbo
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I freaking LOVE Newsroom. LIke, my new favorite show, easily. love love love.

I've seen that recipe before, Les. I think I might try it. I've heard not to use that Fels soap stuff on baby clothes though? But I don't remember why. Is it scented?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards