March 2014 Weddings

So I just got enageged Sunday. We decided we wanted a March wedding in 2014. This gives us time to save and not rushed to get everything done. We also live in Florida so its not really hot yet. I thought I was only crazy one waiting a year and half. Nice to know there are other ladies out there too!

Re: Newbie

• My FI and I are planning a March 2014 wedding as well. It's kind of nice to not have to rush and figure everything out in 6 months. A much slower and hopefully more relaxed pace :)
  • btw, Congrats!!!!!
  • Congrats on your engagement and picking a month and year already. I think a year and a half is a great amount of time for an engagement. I live in Florida as well. What part are you from?
  • Congrats and welcome :)
  • I live in Tampa Bay as well! Welcome aboard.
    Laughing
  • Hi, ladies!

Actually I think a 16-18 month engagement (also what we are doing) is the only way to do it - if you are paying for your wedding without much parental assistance (again, what we are doing)...especially given my fiance works for the Dept. of Justice and now has a pay-cut due to the sequestration.  Sigh.  That's about - $3,000 of our wedding budget.

Congratulations to all my fellow March 2014 couples!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards