March 2014 Weddings
Options

themes and planning

So im sure we have all started planning the the mass chaos that is our weddings lol what are you all thinking of for your weddings? We are using bright cheery colors and our theme is love and happyness.
Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket

Re: themes and planning

• Options
    we're not really doing a "theme" per se since we aren't having a reception but we recently decided that blue and purple were going to be the colors we'd use. We aren't really into the whole color scheme, and weren't going to pick colors, but we realized it would be easier for our wedding party, and the smaller details. We've also narrowed down our location choices to two, made a list of possible photographers, and a few other small things. Can't really do the bigs things over summer because we're getting married at our college town and neither of us live there during the summer haha :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We don't have a theme but I'm torn between 2 color schemes. Either a soft spring color scheme with coral as the main color, or a red, white, and black theme (which my mother HATES lol). It's going to come down to the venue choice. We went to some beautiful gardens yesterday. If I choose them, I'll do the coral. We know we want an outdoor waterfront ceremony and an indoor reception. I have invitations already picked out for which ever way I go. I also have our favors picked out along with the bridal party gifts. I'm glad we have so much time to save because everything around here is pretty pricey.
  • Options
    We chose colors and a theme..
    Colors are a deep purple, lavender and to break those up a pink and a grey.
    Theme is a romantic wine feel.  Soft linens, soft lights, and wine. Absolutely none of that fake grapes weird vines stuff...lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I guess I really don't have a theme either, but since I"m getting married on my 10 year anniversary, I'm going number the tables by the years and write on each card a small story about what we did that year ( my fiance and i travelled a lot when we were dating).

Does anyone have any other ideas as I how I can incorporate our dating past into the wedding thats not too sleezy and self-involved??

• Options
    @AJFYFFE7, you color scheme sounds lovely! Jade, there are an infinite of ways to incorporate your dating past into the wedding. What do you guys like to do together? Do you share any of the same interests or hobbies? A lot of times couples use the wedding favors as a reflection of their personalities. For instance, I'm obsessed with organic soap and my fiance always gets me them for gifts. So I'm getting those for our favors. They'll each be wrapped in a personalized label with our picture and wedding date. A slideshow telling your story is also a great idea. I've heard of couples burning their favorite songs onto a personalized cd for everyone as well. You can also create a fun little crossword/ word search game on the back of your programs featuring facts about you two. It gives everyone something to do while they wait for the ceremony to begin and it lets everyone get to know things about you that they may not have known.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2014-weddings_themes-and-planning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:179b8bb8-7e19-4a31-9506-cc60c908fe65Discussion:cd15aa3f-6e15-4743-a2a1-6bd5e4f14354Post:5e773954-6d7d-4e06-adbb-1ca8b49a0cb9">Re: themes and planning</a>:
    [QUOTE]I guess I really don't have a theme either, but since I"m getting married on my 10 year anniversary, I'm going number the tables by the years and write on each card a small story about what we did that year ( my fiance and i travelled a lot when we were dating). Does anyone have any other ideas as I how I can incorporate our dating past into the wedding thats not too sleezy and self-involved??
    Posted by jademestiza[/QUOTE]

Hm.  Well, if it is personal information it is by it's nature self-involved.  As is a wedding, really.

If you really want to step back from the self/be more universal, how about relating years in your relationship to famous people or famous events. 

For example, you could use factoids on your reception tables (and I am totally making this up) "In 1995 {your name} traveled to Germany and experienced Oktoberfest.  Also in 1995 (something about Germany)."  or "Japanese consumers eat over 10,000 million pounds of raw tuna each year.  {Your fiance's name}'s favorite sushi is spicy tuna maki roll."

So then, the two tables would be called "Germany" and "Japan" and your theme is places you've been or things you love and how they relate to various places?

? Is that what you mean?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards