October 2013 Weddings

Engagement Photos

I was wondering if any brides have gotten engagement photos done yet.  We got ours taken about a month or so ago and we just received them back.  While the pictures came out nice, they all seem to be exactly the same and very posed.  I wanted to order a couple from our photographer for some family members but I thought the pricing for these were outrageous.  It seems a bit high for just engagment photos when I have seen on other photographer's websites that they charge a lot less from prints.  Does anyone have any experience with this?  I am just curious and I would like to compare him to some other photographers.  Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker image

148 Invited
image 125 Are ready to party
image 23 Are no fun!
image 0 Haven't found the mailbox yet

Re: Engagement Photos

• I haven't done engagement pictures, but if you got the rights to your pictures from your photog, then you don't have to purchase them from your photog. You can take them anywhere and get them printed. I've found that most photographers overcharge on prints, so that's why most people get the rights to their pictures and usually get a DVD of all photos so that they can print them anywhere.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I love love love my photographer. We decided to go with a two photosessions (Engagment, and Bridal) and full day wedding package with over $500 worth of prints and 4 hours videography and a ton of bells and whistles for 2700. I saw her work it's fun and playful, we get the rights to our pictures so we can print whatever when ever where ever we want. 

I'm not sure how much yours cost. We almost went with this wanna-be vouge photographer, at our meeting she was super skinny, tall, wore an all ivory business suit, and was strictly this is this and that is that. She was trying to charge us 3000 for our engagment and 6 hours of wedding coverage, and we wouldn't be able to print from anyone but her! YIKES! 

I love our photographer she's down for anything.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Graduation tickersLilySlim Weight loss tickers Check out My Blog
  • After looking at other engagement photos from other photographers, I am a little disappointed with the way ours came out.  We are paying almost $1300 for 6 hours of photography.  We are not getting anything with that other than a cd with our pictures on it and our engagement session.  He emailed me over our engagement photos but we never really discussed the rights to them.  He wants $35 for an 8x10 and $25 for a 5x7.  This seems really high to me, especially for engagement photos.  I have seen other photographers prices and they charge $15 for an 8x10.  I am just really worried that our wedding photos are going to be the same, all posed.  I want a photographer who is creative and come up with different shots and get some candids.  I honestly don't know if I can get these with our photographer.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

148 Invited
    image 125 Are ready to party
    image 23 Are no fun!
    image 0 Haven't found the mailbox yet
  • Do you have an actual contract millers? I honestly don't think that $1300 for 6 hours and the rights to the photos is that bad of a deal, considering our area (I'll assume your costs would be somewhat similar to mine being in the Northeast). The rights is the big thing with that, although if you don't like the photogs style, that is a bigger problem. Check your contract if you have one, and start shopping around for a new one now! GL
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  •  thank u for sharing with us  ,i hope i will have one 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards