October 2013 Weddings
Options

October 16, 2013

FH and I are getting married in one year, on Wednesday, October 16, 2013 in a fifteenth century coaching inn in England.  Since I am moving to England in April,  I will have basically six months to plan the wedding.   We know it is going to be a small wedding - just about twenty-five guests.   We  have the venue confirmed (and the deposit paid) and the registrar deposit paid.    The venue has a terrace where we can have an outside wedding, weather permitting, with an indoor backup.   It is going to be very English and very beautiful.

I know that I want pink flowers (roses and peonies and frankly I don't care if they're out of season - I'm having them anyway.)   I also want a gorgeous pink cake.   We'll also have a traditional English fruitcake. 

Since my parents are deceased, my MIL has been amazing - she is excited about dress shopping with me (that's the first thing I will be shopping for in April).   My SIL has also been wonderful.    I'm just very happy;  I am madly in love with my FH, and I'm moving to a new country, and I am planning the most idyllic wedding I can imagine.   

One year.  I hope it passes quickly.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: October 16, 2013

• Options
    Congrats, this sounds reallly amazing, I hope everything goes great for you! I get married 2 days after you, and I hope iit goes quickly to...kinda seems forever away! Good Luck to you!
  • Options
    Congrats and Welcome

• Options
    Thank you!  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats on your wedding and your opportunity to move to England!

You're getting married on a Wednesday?
  • Options
    Yep.  My fiance wanted October 16 and I thought marrying on a Wednesday was fun and unusual.   The guests are mostly English so they'll only need to take one day off from work.  I've also been informed, by my English fiance, that the royal family always marries on a weekday, so I thought that a Wednesday wedding only added to the English-ness.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards