Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

registry poll - for fun

Alright, just for fun. Wedding Date; April 17, 2010 When did you/will you register? We are thinking maybe Oct at the earliest. Where did you/will you register? C&B, BBB, Macy's probably

imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: registry poll - for fun

• Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wedding Date: November 7, 2009 When did you/will you register?  June.  People started asking us as soon as we got engaged. Where did you/will you register? Traveler's Joy Honeymoon Registry and Myregistry.com.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My wedding is March 6, 2010 and we just now registered last week. Places: Macy's, Dillards  (better benefits than Macys becasue at Macys you have to apply for a Macys credit card to get their "5% cashback" and I dont want another card. ALSO-Some of the EXACT same things that I originally registered for at Macys were approx $10-$30 cheaper at Dillards. Also, Dillards has free shipping on most stuff and Macys shipping is about $12 for an item that is $50-$100) and Honeymoon registry
  • Options
    DonnaariesDonnaaries member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wedding Date; May 22, 2010When did you/will you register? I started adding stuff to online registries whenever I think of some kitchen item I need, almost as soon as we got engaged.  Haven't been to a physical store yet, not sure I will.Where did you/will you register? BBB, Macy's, Amazon.com
    D&M Bio
    Now with vendor reviews!
    Donna Cooks: My Food Blog
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    kris928kris928 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wedding Date: June 12, 2010When did you/will you register?  We will probably register in JanuaryWhere did you/will you register? Target, BBB, and C&B
  • Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    May 9, 2009 We registered over Thanksgiving weekend in 2008.  Some things were given to us as Christmas gifts. BBB and William-Sonoma.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wedding Date; May 21, 2010 When did you/will you register? Well...we would probably do this in Nov/Dec, but someone mentioned here a while ago that things will get discontinued after Christmas...so maybe January?Where did you/will you register? BBB, Macy's, and William's Sonoma or C&B maybe.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wedding Date: Sept. 20th, 2008When did you register: We registered 6 months out-so April.Where did you register:  Bed, Bath, and Beyond, Kohl's, and Target.  Steve also registered for stuff at Home Depot.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    5/22/10I'm looking now, will start the official registry list in the next month or so- I want Christmas China, so I need to have that on the list by Thanksgiving for some Christmas presents!BB&B and Macy's... toying with maybe JCP or Dillards, but not sure yet
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wedding Date: October 17, 2009When did you register: We reigstered in JulyWhere:  BBB and Macy's.  Justin also told his work Home Depot so we got some HD gift cards at his work shower.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wedding Date: January 24, 2009 When did you/will you register? I don't remember exactly; it was off and on and I added most of our stuff online. I didn't like registering in the store... Where did you/will you register? BBB, Pottery Barn, & Macys... Btw, if you know someone with a Macys credit card, they'll except that. We connected our rewards program thru Macys with my MIL's Macys card. We still reaped the benefits.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wedding Date: June 20, 2009When did you/will you register? February 2009Where did you/will you register? BBB, Macy's, Target, and TJ registered at Lowe's (FYI, Lowe's stopped doing registries in July :( )
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    emimayor  -macys told me that either I or my fiancee had to have the macys card in our names. We specifically asked becasue my mom has a macys card and was there with me. We even offered to make me a signor, but they said it had to be in my name. Which macys did you go to? I need to go to that one becasue obviousy the one I talked with doesnt know what she is doing.-so annoying.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Cass - how annoying! We were living in Houston at the time, so it was the Houston Galleria Macys. I'd check in to the rules; maybe call their home office? We had so many OOT guests that were familiar with Macys, so most of our gifts were purchased there. We really benefited from their rewards program. If memory serves me right, we got almost $500 in FREE money. Good luck and I'm sorry you had issues with them!
  • Options
    amberproamberpro member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wedding Date June 12, 2010When did you/will you register? We will probably register in December since people are asking about it for Christmas.  We were going to wait until January...Where did you/will you register? BBB and Macy's.  Also to all the Home Depot people- did it go/is it going great?  We want to, but I didn't know how it would go over. 
    photo images_zps41edd072.jpg

Carter born 5/28/11
    BFP 9/27/12 EDD 6/11/13, MC 9wks, no HB

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Well, we did the Home Depot registry for Steve because we were having a "couples shower" and wanted Steve to feel like it wasn't all girly stuff.  He just went to Home Depot, wrote on a pad of paper what he wanted (the skus and description) and then gave it to the customer service and I think they put that in their computer system.  Then if someone wanted to buy something or check out his registry they'd go up the customer service and get a copy of his list.  He said it was a little annoying-but in the end totally worth it to get a crap load of tools.
  • Options
    amberproamberpro member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, Mariah!  If it was worth it, then we'll probably do it.  I am the same way... I feel bad since most of what we are registering for are sheets, towels, china... girly stuff.  He deserves to get in on it, too.  And since we own our home, I don't think it will be too unexpected (I hope).
    photo images_zps41edd072.jpg

Carter born 5/28/11
    BFP 9/27/12 EDD 6/11/13, MC 9wks, no HB

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Wedding Date: April 24, 2010When did you/will you register? We registered pretty much immediately, within a month or so, I think in June. But we were also in the process of buying a house so we just decided to get our registries done and ready for our engagement and housewarming parties.Where did you/will you register? Target, Bed Bath & Beyond, Home Depot, and we are thinking about adding JCPenney simply because they are the only place that I have found dinnerware that I actually like.
  • Options
    mandasue178mandasue178 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wedding Date: June 20, 2009 When? We registered in September, I got gifts for my birthday and christmas off the registry... worked wonderfully! Where? Target, BBB and Macys
    Becoming My Mother
    Names for our Currently Non-Existent Baby Anniversary
    Dx: PCOS 3/11
    **TTC buddies with Browneyedhunni85**
  • Options
    maykiousmaykious member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wedding Date: October [incoherent noise] 2010. When did you/will you register? Sometime...soon...probably Where did you/will you register? BBB for a few little things and Dillard's for our Fiestaware, but we really would like the most contributions to a honeymoon registry.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards