October 2013 Weddings

Come creative minds

I started working on my centerpieces.  FI spray painted a vase in a soft baby pink color, then I decorated the votive holder in gold.  The flowers that I ordered that were supposed to go into the vase are 3.5 feet tall and have no business being on top of a table, so they are OUT. Here's evidence. 

1.) what do you think of the colors together?  

2.) help.  Should I just take the vase to an arts store and play with the flowers there to see if can make an arrangement?  Should I find another vase?  Someone said the gold was "too much".     I grabbed a stem of fake orchids I have in another arrangement at the house and tried it on for size:

Thoughts appreciated,
Thanks!
S'mores. Just S'mores please.

Re: Come creative minds

• Yeah the flowers do look too tall. I can't quite tell though, is there a way you can clip them from the bottom of the stems to make them a more reasonable height?
    Also I don't think the gold is too much at all. I think it's a perfect pop for the calm pinks and whites. Love the combo.
    I think either a different vase or a diferent floral arrangement could make the centerpiece work, but keep the color scheme. That's lovely.
    White Knot Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Did you try cutting the stems? That might make them work.

• The flowers are a bit tall by themselves, but if you add something fuller to the vase, trim the flowers a bit, they won't look wrong.  Sort of like this: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_B992GUJFJik/Se_C6E3PmbI/AAAAAAAAAiU/depWQMPd99Q/s320/tall+vases3.jpg

But your flowers replacing the branches.

Was the vase clear to begin with?  You may just want to leave them clear so it feels more airy.  With taller centerpieces it's harder for guests to communicate across the tables, so a clear vase may help them feel like walled off from one another. 
  • I like the color combo - but I am wondering if there is a way to make the gold 'softer'? I feel like the glitter texture is a little harsh against the total softness of the pink. What does the gold look like with a candle in it, that might help soften it too!

Sorry, I am no help on the flower front.
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

Daisypath Wedding tickers 

• The flowers light up so theres only a little bit of stem without wiring in it.

I really like the tall branches with short flowers posted.  The vase was clear and the painted the pink.  I need to look at that picture some more to see what I can pull off.

I know this combo as is does not work.  I gotta figure out which components to keep and which to toss.

Hannah - I know what you mean about the gold - several people have told me the same thing.  Maybe a candle will help - I will try it, otherwise back to the drawing board.

Thanks ladies!
    S'mores. Just S'mores please.
  • even a finer grit glitter may help!
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

Daisypath Wedding tickers 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards