October 2013 Weddings

Dress Dilemma

So, I bought my dress in November, it's a 2013 style by Justin Alexander and I do really love it, but.... I keep seeing dresses with sleeves in lace and I'm loving those also (darn you Pinterest!)

So, I asked the shop where I got my dress if it would be possible to order extra lace from the designer and for their alterations staff to add a simple  cap sleeve to the dress.  The lace is $170 + alteration fees.

This is what I'm envisioning...

Ultimately I know that I'm the one who has to make the call, but I thought I'd get some feedback from some other Knotties- do you think it's a better addition to the dress, is the cost worth it? 

Re: Dress Dilemma

• I think it's beautiful either way! Sorry, that's not very helpful thouhg. :-)
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

Daisypath Wedding tickers 

• Do you have to have significant other alterations done? Would it still be in your budget? If the answer of it still being in your budget is yes and you really like it, then do it. Most of the time you get married once, why not get married in a dress you absolutely love?

• I'd suggest trying one with sleeves on first. I love the look, but I looked ridiiiiculous with a sleeved dress on. But I agree if its in your budget and you want it, do it! The goal is to only do this whole thing once so do it up! ;
  • The dress looks beautiful either way! I agree with maybe trying a dress on (if you haven't already, of course!) with a lace cap sleeve to make sure you like the look of it while wearing it. And then I say, if its in budget and doable, go for it! 
    cassandra + justin. Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited January 2013
    As long as the alterations will look as if they were always meant to be there and not an "add on" I say go for it.

(Says the girl who will also be wearing a lace dress with little cap sleeves....)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards