October 2013 Weddings

Wedding Dress off eBay!

So, I bit the bullet and bought a wedding dress of eBay.  It came in a few days ago and it is beautiful!!!!  I researched a lot about the dress, googled it to see "real" women wearing it, checked the original pricing, other brides' thoughts on sizing etc.  The dress retailed for over $1,000 and I bought it on eBay for $140 (including shipping).  I am so happy that I will be able to consider myself a success story for buying a dress off the internet!  If you are thinking about using eBay to buy a dress, I would recommend you turn on the "Ships from America only" filter.  Then, you will only see dresses that come from other brides whose weddings have passed.  My bride was from Dallas, and she sent the most beautiful note congratulating me on my wedding!  What a great experience!

Re: Wedding Dress off eBay!

• Cute. I would be so nervous doing that! How does it fit?

• Ro041Ro041 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_wedding-dress-off-ebay?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:941903a8-c59c-4f72-881e-950f6caa6edbPost:7e274969-924b-4cc3-beed-2c675c06e5d8">Re: Wedding Dress off eBay!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Cute. I would be so nervous doing that! How does it fit?
    Posted by Stina51286[/QUOTE]

<div>I was sooooooo nervous!!!!!  I couldn't do it for about 3 weeks, and I only did it after my FI said he thought it was a great idea and a good gamble.  After I researched what other brides had said about the fit, I specifically bought the dress one size too big because I figured that I would have to do alterations either way.  It fits a little big, but I am happy because I will be able to afford alterations after saving on the dress itself.  I picked a style of dress that would not be terribly hard to alter, in anticipation of this expense.  </div><div>
    </div>

• I'm glad I'm not the only one.  I also bought a wedding dress off of ebay.  I didn't get as good of a deal as you did, but I did get it for 1/3 of the price than it was selling for at the store.  The only problem is that they only had one size - one size smaller than I currently am, but the size I am normally at.  I bought it anyway, and its been a great motivation to get back to healthy eating and exercising.  I took it to a seamstress who said that the dress was in perfect condition and not a cheap knockoff.  I'm still wondering if I made the right decision though.  I'm hoping I don't regret not getting the whole trying on dresses at a bridal store experience.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_wedding-dress-off-ebay?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:941903a8-c59c-4f72-881e-950f6caa6edbPost:0cd07ad0-37a8-4784-928e-8a3c12d8d2b9">Re: Wedding Dress off eBay!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm glad I'm not the only one.  I also bought a wedding dress off of ebay.  I didn't get as good of a deal as you did, but I did get it for 1/3 of the price than it was selling for at the store.  The only problem is that they only had one size - one size smaller than I currently am, but the size I am normally at.  I bought it anyway, and its been a great motivation to get back to healthy eating and exercising.  I took it to a seamstress who said that the dress was in perfect condition and not a cheap knockoff.  I'm still wondering if I made the right decision though.  I'm hoping I don't regret not getting the whole trying on dresses at a bridal store experience.
    Posted by chellekel[/QUOTE]

<div>What a great motivation to get into the dress for the wedding!!  I may be biased, but I think it was a great decision!  You are going to have a lot of unforgettable, wonderful memories throughout this process.  After the dress came in, I invited my friends over and I put the dress on and came out in it like I was at a boutique.  We had a great time gigling and oohing and ahhing over the dress.  You should consider doing that also (with champagne and strawberries, maybe?).  We had a blast!!!!!</div>

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards