October 2013 Weddings
Options

Weekend/Tuesday checks!

Over the weekend I finished my vows (see THIS post if you did not see them before). I finally got fiance to sit down with me and go over our ceremony. First draft is done we just have to finalize it later on. I got most of the addresses of FI's family he just changed his mind on and decided to invite.

Today I went and had the first fitting of my gown. I had a coupon for alterations that had to be used before March 31st. I got my bustle and cups sewn in for $75!. My dress is two layers. The under layer I am getting a 7 point ballroom bustle and the top layer is going to be a one point over bustle. I did decide that I need new shoes though. The ones I had planned on using are too tall and make my dress come off the ground too much. It sucks I am going to have to go shoe shopping again ;). My dress still fits like a glove though, no other alterations will be needed at this point.

Anyone else make any progress over the weekend?
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Weekend/Tuesday checks!

• Options
    We sent save the dates and friends have already been telling us they've received them! I still haven't received a guest list from my parents yet, but as soon as I have them, I'll send out the save the dates for their friends and other family members -- we have a lot of family drama, so I don't want to step on anyone's toes by inviting certain people.

I tried on my whole wedding day outfit over the weekend: dress, petticoat, bolero and shoes. Everything still fits perfectly -- I'm not gonna have to have a single alteration at all. I was so lucky to find a dress that fit me like a glove from the beginning!

I need to eMail my future mother in law to give her ideas for rehearsal dinner places, as she asked and they don't live in Nashville, so they don't know restaurant options. I had to brain storm this with my mom over the weekend because I have no idea what a rehearsal dinner entails and who is invited, heh.

I think that's about it. We don't have a whole lot more to do, I don't think.

• Options
    cbattcbatt member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I think this week I've settled on dates for bridal shower/bachelorette party so that's exciting! Also scheduled cake tastings coming up soon! yum :)
  • Options
    We booked our rehearsal dinner spot!! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We ordered our invitations and I bought the tux for my nephew.  He will only be 9 months at the wedding so we had to buy his tux since they don't make them that small.  Also, the last of our groomsmen went and got his fitting done for his tux so the only one left is my other nephew but he doesn't go until a month before the wedding.

We are meeting with our venue coordinator in 2 weeks so discuss our plans for the rehearsal and to also go over how the room is going to be setup.  I feel like I have so many questions for him but I want to make sure everything is right.  I think we also might be meeting with the baker for our cake since it is included in the package we got.

I don't really feel like I have much left to do but then when I make a list, it seems so long!! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

148 Invited
    image 125 Are ready to party
    image 23 Are no fun!
    image 0 Haven't found the mailbox yet
  • Options
    We didn't really solidify anything, but have done little things...

We are setting up an appointment with our cake baker. She sent us the list of flavors and to save some ideas. 

I ordered a bunch of invitation samples of some designs I liked on various sites. They should arrive soon, and then we can order invites.

I had my fitting about 2 weeks ago, and paid for and took my dress home. I need to go back in July to decide my bustle and if any alterations are needed - it's a pretty close fit, but the bodice is a tad big.

Coming up:

- Meeting again with our pastor to discuss ceremony and music
    - Buy wedding rings
    - Finalize menu with reception venue
    - Make appointment for engagement pictures (we get a session with our wedding photographer) - want to wait until it gets warmer
    - One more store to register
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• Options
    Looks like we are all making solid progress. Hopefully today I will send in my deposit for our wedding cake but thats pretty much all I have planned for this week. We are helping a friend move this weekend so we'll be too busy for wedding stuff.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards