October 2013 Weddings
Options

Hey Stina - About Cards and Pockets

It was you that is having Cards and Pockets do the printing of your invites right?

If not - who was it?
If so - did you get your proof back and how was pricing compared to the other companies?

I just tried running a trial thru my printer and it wont take my cardstock.  I will try our other printer but it's an inkjet and normally on it's worst behavior.  
S'mores. Just S'mores please.

Re: Hey Stina - About Cards and Pockets

• Options
    Ro041Ro041 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    That is my fear......that my printer won't take my cardstock!!!

• Options
    09McSteph0309McSteph03 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited March 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_hey-stina-about-cards-and-pockets?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:fa51f9e4-57d1-4198-8802-f954741711ebPost:78be5c33-57bf-46c2-a36b-79c9dbc7d83a">Re: Hey Stina - About Cards and Pockets</a>:
    [QUOTE]That is my fear......that my printer won't take my cardstock!!!
    Posted by Rochelle041[/QUOTE]

<div>Test it now - because what I found is:</div><div>1.) my laser printer wouldn't take it.  The cardstock I purchased for testing is 65lb and the one being ordered is 80lb.  I don't know if 80 is thicker (I assume it is?) </div><div>2.) my ink jet WILL print on the cardstock, just slowly.  My proof is in google docs and when I print from there it prints a URL barcode on the top of the page AND the bottom.  Criminey.  So I am testing a little more with the formats and where they are located.  If I can get it to stop printing the URLs of the google doc then I may be ok.  I should only be printing the invite, RSVP and an extra info insert.  I need roughly 60 copies of each so I think I can manage if I give myself plenty of time.  </div><div>
    </div><div>The allure of having it printed and shipped to my house in a nice box...not gonna lie...sounds nice!</div>
  • Options
    OK - I am a lot calmer now....now that I got it to work out

IF any of you are using a cards and pockets template it will open up and make you use a google doc (drive) to save and edit. You can choose to work with it there, or go to File:Download As  and pick your formate (I used word).  Once it's in a work doc, it will print without the date and URLs.  Easy fix but I am computer stupid and had a moment where the world was spinning too fast.  The format from the google template to the word doc just shifted to the center of the page.  Otherwise, perfect and easy to work with.

I feel like I can order my invite stuff now.   
  • Options
    I am ordering them through Cards and Pockets. For 200 printed, in the metalic paper and cut to size its $98. With everything, in the end I will be paying less for all my invites than my sister did and FI's sister and both of them invited about half the people we are.

• Options
    Ro041Ro041 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I will try it in the next few weeks.  We still don't have a firm ceremony time, so I wouldn't be able to order anything before the first week of April anyway.  I did buy a Vistaprint groupon to add an insert, but I was planning to print the invitations and response cards myself.  I hope it works out!

• Options
    I ordered mine complete - to afraid of printing them myself, but I spent kind of a lot onthem - $4.35 per piece but that includes the invite, rsvp, insert and envelopes with return addresses printed on them. They have kind of fancy paper and a ribbon to, so some little extras. :-) I love my invites!
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

Daisypath Wedding tickers 

• Options
    Hannah, where did you order your invites from?
  • Options
    I got them from a company based locally here in Milwaukee called J. Invites. She makes everything custom. The deal I got was from a wedding show.

Here is her website: www.jinvites.com
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

Daisypath Wedding tickers 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards