May 2014 Weddings

How Are You Saving $$$?

I know we have a ways out till our weddings..'

But  I am curious and searching for ways to save other than taking out a little money every now and then? Ideas?
**~ Counting Down Till Love Wins**~ 9.20.14

Re: How Are You Saving $$$?

• I stopped buying lunches out. I would easily spend $10 a day. Now I take my lunches and they cost me under $5 a day now. 

I also changed my coffee from $5 starbucks to $2 coffee at mcdonalds or drinking the work coffee. 

Also we are meal planning for 5 nights a week. We used to eat out at least 4 times a week.

I also learned to pay myself first and on top of paying myself, I also put any money in my account at pay day that is left over from last pay period.  

It doesn't save a ton but it all add's up.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are now taking our lunch more. Stop eating out a lot. Using coupons to shop. Learning to do my own hair so not going to salon every other week. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • One thing I would suggest is if you do not already have a budget, then make one and see what you can cut out...I have mint.com where i had already set budget and once we wanted to start saving I looked out my budget to see where i can save ie. do my own nails vs going to the salon every week, bringing left overs vs getting lunch out everyday...every little thing adds up!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Much like the PPs: we don't eat out as much, use coupons to shop & buy in bulk, bring own lunches to work, and just overall watch our spending (I don't really need the new DVD/CD/video game that just came out!).  My FI also bought a bike to ride to work when it's nicer out (spring & summer) so as to save money on gas.  I am thinking about setting up a "change/money jar" for us to put any loose/spare change in to help us save for honeymoon expenses - we've still got a year to go but spare change can add up!
    Anniversary

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We just bought a house in December so luckily we had already added up all of our income and bills so we have a good idea of what we can put back every month. I think our plan is going to be to book and pay off vendors one by one that way its a little less overwhelming. Obviously big expenditures are out which may mean nixing our vacation to see my family in Florida this summer.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I just started planning but I'm going to be cutting wedding costs by not hiring a dj and downloading all my music onto an ipod to play at the reception. I'm also planning on hiring college photographers since they need experience and cosmetologist students will do my hair and make up free the way I want it since they also need practice hours and experience to take their license test.
  • We've been trying to save money a few different ways, such as:

-Using cash to pay for smaller purchases, and dropping the change we get back into a jar. Of course it's never a ton of money, but we're suprised with how much we've rolled! The we deposit it into our joint savings account that we set up specifically for wedding savings.

-We deposit a percentage of each of our paychecks into our wedding savings. Usually $50-$100 a piece.

-We've gathered up clothes and accessories that we haven't worn or used at least once in the last year, and sold it to consignment shops that pay cash on the spot. We figure if we haven't used it at least once in the last year, we're probably not going to wear or use it again. Plus, we're able to get rid of some of the excess clutter in our closets.

-We try to pay for larger purchases and gas with our rewarding credit cards. We then cash the reward points in for cash, which we then deposit into our wedding savings account.

It all adds up! :)
  • We are redoing our personal budget to save money. We are lucky and his parents are helping. I am also reading up on coupons and meal planning to make the best of food shopping (healthy shopping as well). 

We are also looking at what's important for us for our wedding and were we can cut costs. A cousin is letting me borrow her veil, another gave me their ring bearer pillow and some hanging lanterns. 
  • We were saving from our two incomes, but I switched to freelance work, so our income has gone down a bit, at least for the moment. I'm cooking more now, though, so we're saving a lot of money by not eating out. We're probably going to be trying to find cheaper rent, too... our rent is really high.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards